Intro voice for Soul Calibur 2, strange alternates

Long Con

[01] Neophyte
Hi, my friend and I have played Soul Calibur 2 countless times, and something strange is happening. When the game first starts, there's a sword-clash sound, and a deep booming voice saying "SOUL CALIBUR 2!", right?

The voice has begun to change. For a few times, it was a way more laid back dude saying the words, and last time, there was indecipherable demon-talk!

Just wanted to look into it and see what's up.

You’re probably referring to the main cast saying the title (or in Voldo’s case he just hisses).

Iirc, this also happens in Soul Calibur 3 on the title screen :) I definitely remember hearing Tira say, "Soul Calibur Three!" after I'd play through some mode with her or something then end up back on the title screen lol. Good memories :D

Played last night, sounded like and wise old wizard saying it. I couldn't match the voice to any character.

Yes, this happens in the home editions of both SCII and SCIII. It's been so many years since even my replay of even SCII:HDO, let alone when I played through the original console release of SCII, but as I recall, these voices begin to make their appearance after you've exhausted the content of Weapon Master mode: thereafter, you get a slightly altered title splash screen and a randomly selected roster character introducing the game. Again, I'm foggy on the particulars, but it's something along those lines.

Back