Is a Nightmare nerf coming? =(

icephoenix

[08] Mercenary
I just read that Namco will be releasing the patch soon. It seems there's many people crying for a nerf of Nightmare. Personally, I think only Natsu needs the nerf bat, but I'm still a relatively new SC player. I think Nightmare is just fine the way he is.

Do you guys think he'll be nerfed?

i dont think he's gonna be nerfed, i think he even need buffs in some of his moves (WS K, 2A, 6B, etc.. which are pretty bad moves) lol, just like Thuggish Pond said, those ppl w complains bout Nightmare should "Learn the game", cause they never give a logical reason of why Nightmare should be nerfed out of some players winning tournament with him lol.

Yeah, NM is literally one of the most balanced characters you can ask for.

He needs NO nerfs. A buff or two would be fantastic (WR K being safe, A being i16, 6B not being ass, 44A actually tracking right) but they aren't really necessary. He's viable the way he is.

Of course, agA being low would always be nice and completely balanced.

Regarding Natsu, just make WR K negative on hit and she's fine. Hell, she's fine now.

He is perfect. And if he is nerfed, I will stop maining him (since SCII).

Also:
WR K is used as a punisher in my opinion. Nothing needs to be done about it. An i14 WR move is one of Nightmare's greatest new assets. It let's him punish attacks that were/would of been unpunishable by him in SCIV.

6B is again fantastic, but also situational. CH 6B combo excels at gaining precious meter, and can be a huge part of someones play if you are CH fishing. And it's +4 if you throw it out on normal hit.

2A is even better than before. I believe is was i23-24 in SCIV, now it's something stupid like i18. Because it's that fast, I actually use it now. Although it's -4 on hit, it's a relatively good low poke.

I think he is perfectly fine the way he is, except for 66B+K being -8 on block now, it's bloody insulting to my spamfest. But hey, I guess most players haven't actually studied his situations moves, which are oh yeah: most of them.

Yeah, NM is literally one of the most balanced characters you can ask for.

He needs NO nerfs. A buff or two would be fantastic (WR K being safe, A being i16, 6B not being ass, 44A actually tracking right) but they aren't really necessary. He's viable the way he is.

Of course, agA being low would always be nice and completely balanced.

Regarding Natsu, just make WR K negative on hit and she's fine. Hell, she's fine now.

And nerf Natsu's damage.

As others have said, he's pretty much as balanced as you can get. Whiners are scrubs and I sincerely doubt PS would favor their irrelevant feedback over competitive players. However, I would definitely be in favor of some already mentioned buffs to WR K, 44A, and 6B. I'll also cast my super wishful-thinking vote for making his BEs overall actually useful: 4KK BE jailing, 33B BE being hit-confirmable, and 2B+K BE breaking in 5 or less are a couple possibilities. Finally, replace BT B+K with his old one(or a new move if that's even possible) or get rid of it altogether, cus that shit irks me >_>...

I say that NM is fine as he is EXCEPT:

- Allow for Air Control from Grim Stride B

As of right now, with only one BE, he can RO from the start of the stage on most stages. He basically gets insane damage from GS B (twice) followed by his GS K BE.

- Either the push back from the attack needs to be toned down or better yet, eliminate the super Launch effect on a naked GS B which allows the combo to RO from a ridiculous range

He is perfect. And if he is nerfed, I will stop maining him (since SCII).

Also:
WR K is used as a punisher in my opinion. Nothing needs to be done about it. An i14 WR move is one of Nightmare's greatest new assets. It let's him punish attacks that were/would of been unpunishable by him in SCIV.
His wrK from SC4 was just as fast though. Not a lot of characters have such a fast i14 wr mid move (plus its not even a weapon attack).

I say that NM is fine as he is EXCEPT:

- Allow for Air Control from Grim Stride B

As of right now, with only one BE, he can RO from the start of the stage on most stages. He basically gets insane damage from GS B (twice) followed by his GS K BE.

- Either the push back from the attack needs to be toned down or better yet, eliminate the super Launch effect on a naked GS B which allows the combo to RO from a ridiculous range

Err... I can't agree with this, at all. This is his only half-life combo. I believe the launch is justified at neutral, since the move is so slow. Not only that, but in a lot of tech traps, the super launch is reduced only to a normal launch, so that the second GS B won't relaunch, but will hit grounded.

As for his RO game, its balanced. It took a hella nerf since SC5 nerfed ROs in general. Yeah, GS B GS B GS KBE has a lot of RO range, at the cost of half meter and a very slow mid that only tracks left slightly.

Besides, how often do you actually get a neutral GS B? I know the only time I actually hit GS B is on the ground, in tech traps, and after a a guard burst.

In SCIV, NM's wrK was i15, +4 on hit, and -5 on block.

In SCV, its i14, 0 on hit, and -16.

If it is in fact used as a punisher, then shouldn't it be advantage on hit?

If it is an interrupter, then shouldn't it be safe?

We aren't "whining" that it needs a buff, we're simply saying it'd be nice if it was buffed. Its viable as a punisher now, but as an interrupter, its risky. Depending on its use, it should be buffed accordingly. Either way, there is no reason that it should be -16 on block and no advantage on hit. It should either be safe and neutral or unsafe and advantage.

His old WR K created a nice situation on hit, was fair on block, and, most importantly, looked a lot better. It was great compared to it's replacement.

Anyway, Nightmare doesn't deserve any changes.

Edit: Screw you and your quicker reply, Dime.

most importantly, looked a lot better.

Ya'know, this reminded me of a thought a had awhile back. Yeah, the SC4 knee looked badass, and now the wrK looks weird. I think its SUPPOSED to look like he's ramming his opponent with his horn, which brings me to my point...

Why not give him an AT on CH for wr K? It could look like his FC3B AT, but with his opponent gored on his horn. It could do like 15 more damage, and that would justify its unsafety and being neutral on NH.

Edit: Now that I think about it, itd only work for 1P Nightmare. Hm...

Err... I can't agree with this, at all. This is his only half-life combo. I believe the launch is justified at neutral, since the move is so slow. Not only that, but in a lot of tech traps, the super launch is reduced only to a normal launch, so that the second GS B won't relaunch, but will hit grounded.

As for his RO game, its balanced. It took a hella nerf since SC5 nerfed ROs in general. Yeah, GS B GS B GS KBE has a lot of RO range, at the cost of half meter and a very slow mid that only tracks left slightly.

Besides, how often do you actually get a neutral GS B? I know the only time I actually hit GS B is on the ground, in tech traps, and after a a guard burst.

So I guess it would be justifiable that more characters be able to RO from the START OF THE MATCH. I suppose that Project Soul bring back Hilde's RO Doom Combos and give that insane range to say, NATSU. I guess it will be fair, correct?

So I guess it would be justifiable that more characters be able to RO from the START OF THE MATCH. I suppose that Project Soul bring back Hilde's RO Doom Combos and give that insane range to say, NATSU. I guess it will be fair, correct?
Why are you getting hit with GS B in the open?

What he said, and how many rings can you actually RO at the start of? I just checked... none.

Not to mention, you don't have meter at the start of the match. Sure, in later rounds, an immediate GS B could position your opponent next to the edge on some stages. But on NO stage will the GS B combo RO at the start.

Besides, GS B GS B GS K BE doesn't cover as much ground as you think.

The thing that made Hilde's doom combo so threatening was that it gave advantage on block and she could combo into it off ANOTHER charge, that gave advantage, killed step very well, and GI'd some moves.

Back