Is the online still active for SC4?

SpoonyBard

[08] Mercenary
I decided to buy SC4 since SC5 didn't have much of a single player, but I still go online every now and then. Just wondering. Thanks.

I decided to buy SC4 since SC5 didn't have much of a single player, but I still go online every now and then. Just wondering. Thanks.
The only single player SCIV has is a Glorified Arcade mode, Normal Arcade mode, "Tower of Lost Souls" Accend, ToLS decend (survival), and versus. SCV in comparison has Story mode, Arcade, LS, Quick Battle, and versus. If you count SCIV's two arcade modes as one SCV has more modes (4/5, 3/4 if you don't count versus).

Also about "Arcade endings" before someone mentions this point, SCIII, SCIV don't have arcade endings either. All the characters have a "Story mode" ending but no ending in "Arcade". In SCIII all you get is a congratulations screen & money, in SCIV you get a score screen & money, and in SCV you get a total time screen. Can't say anything about SB, SCI, or SCII; I haven't played them in years to remember.

So I don't understand the logic behind buying a much more boring game. Please enlighten me.

Wait....wait, wait....
...you chose SCIV because you thought the singleplayer was better, despite the broken online multiplayer?
tumblr_ldp3jukzHo1qb9a2wo1_500.png

Believe it or not, not everyone on this site indulges (or acts like they do) in the competitive side. He obviously likes the single player more so compared to SCV.

Anyways, to original poster, probably not. The SCIV online scene was pretty small as it was near the end of it's ropes. Can't say I'd expect it to have picked up. The odds are against it; SCV is new, prettier and has a better netcode.

Believe it or not, not everyone on this site indulges (or acts like they do) in the competitive side. He obviously likes the single player more so compared to SCV.

Anyways, to original poster, probably not. The SCIV online scene was pretty small as it was near the end of it's ropes. Can't say I'd expect it to have picked up. The odds are against it; SCV is new, prettier and has a better netcode.
Well I know that not everyone is on the competitive side (I'm just about half-way). It's just that both games have overall barebones singleplayer and one of the things they have going for them is the online, which sucks in SCIV compared to SCV's. I haven't played SCIV since SCV came out, but I'm sure it's fairly active among the players who's characters had been cut (Sophitia, Cassandra, Zasalmel, Talim, Rock, etc,.)

Last time I checked was like a month ago. Lots of Zas, Yun and Talim users... I wonder why...

IDK about now though. We could set up a few SCIV casuals here in the boards.

The only single player SCIV has is a Glorified Arcade mode, Normal Arcade mode, "Tower of Lost Souls" Accend, ToLS decend (survival), and versus. SCV in comparison has Story mode, Arcade, LS, Quick Battle, and versus. If you count SCIV's two arcade modes as one SCV has more modes (4/5, 3/4 if you don't count versus).

Also about "Arcade endings" before someone mentions this point, SCIII, SCIV don't have arcade endings either. All the characters have a "Story mode" ending but no ending in "Arcade". In SCIII all you get is a congratulations screen & money, in SCIV you get a score screen & money, and in SCV you get a total time screen. Can't say anything about SB, SCI, or SCII; I haven't played them in years to remember.

So I don't understand the logic behind buying a much more boring game. Please enlighten me.

i don't count legendary souls as being a healthy in depth mode in comparison to SC2 weapon master mode or SC3 or SC4's equivilent. it goes like this! Randomly fight kilik then nightmare, siegfried, cervantes, edge master, elysium and then agol and then your done no need to ever play that again. the tower of lost souls is longer and more fullfiling then the legendary souls mode. the arcade mode in SCV is weaker than SCIVs. so that just leaves versus and story mode. SCV's story is like watching an anime with the worst dialouge i have ever heard. the story almost completely revolves around pat and pyrra so if you wanted to see any character endings or story development other then them: your fresh outta luck.

But to the posters original point i started playing SCIV online again after i decided i didn't like how SCV played it's worse in SCIV in alot of ways in my opinion. so i still play on Xbox live when i can but, i have been spending alot of time on dark souls and deus ex both are very good games so im not in SC4 online alot.

I never said it has more depth, simply it has "more modes". Also exactly how is SCIV's arcade mode better? Because you score points instead of tracing time? If you think SCV's story mode dialogue is bad, watch a low budget anime or a modern American cartoon. What was so great about people walking off, destroying Soul Edge, or freezing themselves? Please explain this to me. I just want to know your detailed opinion.

I never said it has more depth, simply it has "more modes". Also exactly how is SCIV's arcade mode better? Because you score points instead of tracing time? If you think SCV's story mode dialogue is bad, watch a low budget anime or a modern American cartoon. What was so great about people walking off, destroying Soul Edge, or freezing themselves? Please explain this to me. I just want to know your detailed opinion.

Okay here goes nothing on my descripion of the story. first thing you will notice is how brain dead the enemy AI is therefore it has no challenge. SCIVs wasn't any better but since you werent forced to play only three people pat, pyrra and ZWEI. it was much less annoying considering how in SCIV your could play who you want to play and only suffer the AI with characters you actually care about.

And as for walking off pat and pyrra do that. pat also gets frozen. and they also destroy soul edege and soulcalibur. and the dialouge is terrabad the whole time pat and pyrra were talking to eachother looking longingly into each others eyes made me feel like he was IN LOVE with her. (not platonicly).

and most importantly the creators were lazy enough not to put cut scenes inbetween every fight. instead to progress the story it goes along with voice acted pencil drawings. all though it does have like 3 or 4 legit cutscenes.

^Lol I know the story was bad but gosh you make it seem like it's as bad as a '05 Mustang (ugly POS!). Admittedly SCV's story mode is indeed annoying to me because it took me an hour to unlock everyone (story more rush and LS run) versus SCIV's 5 minutes (story mode twice earning an A rank).

But gameplay wise, I love SCV because I feel that I can have a proactive defense with Sieg and space better than SCIV. The increased push back helps Sieg keep people out his face so much. The quick step helps too, in SCIV I always felt like I couldn't move at all if someone was in my face so I had to bait a 6K CH.

Thank you for the explanation though. I'm glad you aren't making baseless complaints lile others have, I will agree on some of those points (S&S styles bore the hell out of me, Z.W.E.I. did too but aPat was fun) :D

^Lol I know the story was bad but gosh you make it seem like it's as bad as a '05 Mustang (ugly POS!). Admittedly SCV's story mode is indeed annoying to me because it took me an hour to unlock everyone (story more rush and LS run) versus SCIV's 5 minutes (story mode twice earning an A rank).

But gameplay wise, I love SCV because I feel that I can have a proactive defense with Sieg and space better than SCIV. The increased push back helps Sieg keep people out his face so much. The quick step helps too, in SCIV I always felt like I couldn't move at all if someone was in my face so I had to bait a 6K CH.

Thank you for the explanation though. I'm glad you aren't making baseless complaints lile others have, I will agree on some of those points (S&S styles bore the hell out of me, Z.W.E.I. did too but aPat was fun) :D

yea well thanks i still think that stuff like movement speed could be fixed with patching in SCIV and SCV sieg feels too liniar for me to B button based i miss terror slap and his other A+B things i also miss his 88_22 B 8wr because the either transitioned to SSH or SSRH i didnt like his new one where it only faked into CH

yea well thanks i still think that stuff like movement speed could be fixed with patching in SCIV and SCV sieg feels too liniar for me to B button based i miss terror slap and his other A+B things i also miss his 88_22 B 8wr because the either transitioned to SSH or SSRH i didnt like his new one where it only faked into CH
The new 22_88B is more like a whiff punisher (if the tracking gods are on your side) and a combo ender. You can also use SCHkBE>agA to the same effect you would SCH A+B after a CH 3B just add a delay, even rings out to the same sides. Also with the new 22_88B you can do cool shit like this 22_88BB4>SCH kBE>iagA>W!>3B>SCH kBE>iagA>w!>3B>SCH B. Don't know how much damage it does but I know for sure it works.

He does seem a little more linear but he is meant for a different playstyle in this version. Took me weeks to adapt and quit using SRSH oki game.

Okay here goes nothing on my descripion of the story. first thing you will notice is how brain dead the enemy AI is therefore it has no challenge. SCIVs wasn't any better but since you werent forced to play only three people pat, pyrra and ZWEI. it was much less annoying considering how in SCIV your could play who you want to play and only suffer the AI with characters you actually care about.

And as for walking off pat and pyrra do that. pat also gets frozen. and they also destroy soul edege and soulcalibur. and the dialouge is terrabad the whole time pat and pyrra were talking to eachother looking longingly into each others eyes made me feel like he was IN LOVE with her. (not platonicly).

and most importantly the creators were lazy enough not to put cut scenes inbetween every fight. instead to progress the story it goes along with voice acted pencil drawings. all though it does have like 3 or 4 legit cutscenes.
Totally agree

Back