Is this how everyone else feels about this game?

Mandy

Yes, a guy.
scvstory.jpg

That is from the Making of SCV if I'm not mistaken. I watched it all, and certainly learnt some interesting stuff...though,lol at the lot more story part really =P

I was thrilled and waiting to hear about different characters' backgrounds and how they're related to each other.

Story Mode didn't answer my questions, but discussions and behind the scenes-videos have replied to most of my questions. I liked the Story Mode, and I'm kind of happy that each character did not have an own story (it got boring in the end considering the playing). But how to get all characters' stories, for example what happened to Cervantes when he got a more human like form etc.? Some kind of history/ family tree -book feature could do? Don't know...

Almost none of the cast was in story. Yoshimitsu the 2nd, why you even here? It wasn't even you had to kill Yoshimitsu, but now you have to go fight everyone he fought and do a worse job?

I guess that does sort of bother me.

Ok, I want someone to name three good things about MK's story mode.

• Throwbacks and well-done retelling of the earlier games,
  • Every protagonist is playable with much dialogue and story for each, every "evil" character shows up multiple times.
  • It was lengthy and challenging, which in turn made it feel more epic.
  • It successfully retconned a dead-end story
  • In addition to the main story mode, there were Arcade endings for every single character.
  • No central character focus, instead manages to give time to everyone without anyone feeling skimped (Antagonists discluded)
Shit that's more than three.

And I'm not even a real MK fan D:

• Throwbacks and well-done retelling of the earlier games,
  • Every protagonist is playable with much dialogue and story for each, every "evil" character shows up multiple times.
  • It was lengthy and challenging, which in turn made it feel more epic.
  • It successfully retconned a dead-end story
  • In addition to the main story mode, there were Arcade endings for every single character.
  • No central character focus, instead manages to give time to everyone without anyone feeling skimped (Antagonists discluded)
Shit that's more than three.

And I'm not even a real MK fan D:
  • Tag Team fights for both sides.
  • Dub has uncommon voice actors. (I cant see Patroklos as anyone outside Sasuke because Yuri never changes up his voice. Atleast Laura Bailey made Pyrrha sound different from most of her more known roles.
  • Final boss actually feels like a final boss and not another character. Elysuim was Easy and Nightmare wasn't even considered important.
  • Character testing plot twists (Near the late end of the Story: Liu Kang) SCV was predictable.
  • Non-cliche or childish dialogue.
  • Actual humor.
  • Boss characters are fought more then once.

Back