Is this how everyone else feels about this game?

I pretty much agree that their words don't match up at all with their actual product. I can't believe someone spent *months* writing that terrible story.

For all their talk of pushing the story forward, there really wasn't a whole lot happening and especially not worth ditching a lot of the classic character designs for. Yes, I'm one of those people that still wishes Sophitia, Cassandra,
Taki, Talim, Seong Mina, and the rest of the gang were still in.

Time constraints must be it but now they're using it as an excuse... still atleast this wasn't as bad of a flop as "Ultimate" tenkaichi... SCV is more then "playable" but as a "game" it well, sucks.

As much as we all follow the Soul Calibur storyline to a tee, I felt as though the people at Project Soul literally intended to throw us off with a bad and short story mode that people can just scan through in 5 minutes using spark notes. The game was rushed and didn't explain anything. And you wonder why now some people are appreciating previous SC games a lot more and trying to look past SC5.

I immediately did this.....

ww-bitch-please.gif

.....when Tago said that.

I feel story mode served it's purpose, it is the reason a fair amount of my most hated characters didn't make it to this game.

They should of gave each fighter 3-6 episodes of story rather than one long story and a give generic (good,evil,etc) story for CAS's fighter.
I'd defiantly play offline more with that
BTW: it would also give info on missing or retired fighters

I don't think story mode in this game is bad. It's just fine. The images are kind of sketchy but well. What really trolls me is the total lack of background information (story) of the other characters.

I mean, they said Viola was an important character, and has one damn fucking line in the whole game. Not only Viola, ZWEI, Natsu, Xiba, all the "new" characters. WHOT THE HELL THEY ARE? Why they fight for?

We know Natsu because in one innterview they said she was Taki apprentice, but...how a person who gets the game knows that? You can't put a character and asume people knows how is he or which is his story if you dont say it in the game.

I love the story mode! It is so damn awesome! It is the best video game storyline of the year and told much more of a story than Metal Gear Solid 4.

Back