Is this Mitsu's new jumping B or are While Landing attacks back?

FleshMasher

[13] Hero

@3:59 Mitsurugi does a jump, followed by a vertical slash, that looks pretty much like a While Landing attack, unless they gave him a, much slower jumping B.

A return of While Landing attacks would make me happy beyond measure.
Thoughts?

Oh hey, that does look like a WL B. :)
It looks far too awkward to be a 9B, but, I don't know, he doesn't seem to hold G before jumping.

Gives people an idea not to always go low on Mitsurugi seeing that this is an available option.

Sophitia appears to have one in there as well (don't remember when it was) but the animation was an upwards vertical (like her 44B)

I'd like to think they're back, but I think they just gave everyone a mock WL attack. I don't think you can jump and then pick what you're going to do in the air anymore. I'd love to be wrong though.

Seeing in the videos, I did see Rugi do an attack like Fleshmasher mentioned...before getting knocked out by Sophitia. And yes, WuHT, I've Soph do a similar attack on some video as well.

I would say that they are back by looking at it.

I'd say the best way to get this answer is to ask @Hayate to try these at the testing :)

Sorry to ask to add yet another thing to your book of things to try at this testing but we must know if While Landing attacks are back :)

On the topic of While Landing attacks, was they used much in high level play in previous games?

@AndyrooSC
Hey man how are you ? Long time since we played our Zwei mirror matches. I will test this of course :) Maybe it's just his jumping attack who's now While Landing, we will see.

So, are all Jumping Attacks like While Landing Attacks, as they have been in earlier Soul Caliburs, now?
Are Jumping Attacks, as we knew them, gone?
And are While Landing Attacks actually back, just with the former Jumping Attack input (:7:_:8:_:9::A:_:B:_:K:)?

Last edited:
While landing attacks are gone.

Some of the jumping attacks now act like the while landing attacks of old, but that it's all on a move-by-move basis.

Basically some jump Bs have been altered to mimic while landing moves, so the reward is higher than a generic 8A or 8K, but it is much slower.

Back