Is this the SC with largest movesets or is just me?

Lord Ozram

[01] Neophyte
After watching plenty of gameplay along this months and testing the game in the Network Test, I thinks that for most of the characters this is the iteration with largest movesets. I think this is sometimes underlooked, and somewhat more important than a larger roster. What is your opinion?

Getting smaller in the 8wayrun department at least, as were we had 66Attacks and different 33_99Attacks, we now only have one 66_33_99Attack.
Same for 44_11_77Attacks.
At least it's like that for Taki.
Although for her most of those moves migrated into Possession.
Or neutral, but here some other things were replaced and are now gone.

Also some WL attacks are kind of back, BUT they are jump attacks now, and the former jump attacks they replaced are also gone now.

I'd say +/-0

Last edited:
I'm not sure but I do think from playing the beta that there are more moves in SC6 than there were in SC5.
Least it felt like it with Siegfried.
I wish we would have larger movesets like we did in SC4.
Guess we may have to wait til the game is released to fully know how big everyone's move lists are.

The movelists are bigger than SC5 but smaller than the other games. Having said that, more moves are useful in different ways in this game than any other game. It seems like they tried to give much more of the moves a unique and meaningful purpose. So we'll end up seeing a larger variety of moves being used at higher levels than in the past.

Voldo (as usual) has a ton of moves, definitely feeling like SC4 in terms of # of moves.. maybe *slightly* less.

After watching plenty of gameplay along this months and testing the game in the Network Test, I thinks that for most of the characters this is the iteration with largest movesets. I think this is sometimes underlooked, and somewhat more important than a larger roster. What is your opinion?
If your only reference point is SC5, then yes.

Reactions: AJV
I don’t think it’s as big as SC4 considering all the stances Ivy had.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJV
Probably not as many as SCIV had, but I'm thinking there are more useful moves and streamlining of complicated characters (see Ivy's four stances in IV), without reducing options as much as SCV did.

Back