Ivy Patch Notes 1.02 & 1.03 Discussion

Yes, if you have a comfortable position.

And if your not afraid of arthritis lol.

I have to say, I'm pretty skeptical. Especially since the input always ends with 22G22G22G226G without any miscellaneous directions. Plus, the input box on the bottom overloaded like 5 times in one animation. I'd have to see it for myself I guess. Maybe I should consider getting an arcade stick...

I have to say, I'm pretty skeptical. Especially since the input always ends with 22G22G22G226G without any miscellaneous directions. Plus, the input box on the bottom overloaded like 5 times in one animation. I'd have to see it for myself I guess. Maybe I should consider getting an arcade stick...
I have attempted it on dpad, and it's impossible to do it that fast. It has to be an arcade stick.

tested it again last night on hitbox w/ the middle-finger-slide~index-finger-slide~G method... I was only able to do it once in 20 tries.

It would make sense if the 1f input is indeed required here. I thought I was doing damn fast as almost humanly possible w/ 22Gs during the test.

Funny info that I got from Hyrul.

In SCV 1.0:

22_88(B) BBB - 41 dmg
22_88(B) B: B: B: B: B - 59 dmg
CE - 80 dmg

It's so bizarre, a difficult multi-hit JF dealt less damage than most "braindead" 3B launchers of 80% of other characters. I'm glad they buffed it.

just briefly going back to the 1B BE with the back turn stun issue.

I bough a copy of SCV for the house at home and briefly went into practice mode before installing the patches.

pre patch:
1B BE (back stun), 1B BE, 8A+B,(B) = 75 Damage, 100% meter

post patch:
1B BE (back stun), BB = 55 damage, 50% meter

I would consider 20+ damage in a combo a legitimate use of half a meter.
the "+" in 20+ is there becasue because post patch, both 1B BE's would do more damage so you'd maybe get 78-80 damage instead of 75.

Theoretically it would've been ideal to have a
1B BE BB for 55 damage
AND
1B BE, 1B BE 9A+B,B for about 79 damage
in the context of accidentally hitting a back stun.

Thus in this particular combo, using 1B BE from an angle, side or back the stun alterations has meant a weaker max damage option. Especially against players where 1B BE (back stun) 6KB doesn't connect. If they, for example made it so 1B BE 8KB hit all opponents, then hands down, no issue, but in this particular area of the move, you're losing a legitimate higher damage combo for more meter. I'm not saying in general the patch made things worse. what I'm saying is it was a trade. less options and easier combos, at the cost of no longer being able to convert meter into more damage when you want to or if you wind up with a back stun.

Back