Ivy Patch Notes 1.02 & 1.03 Discussion

I got a guy online with CE while he was just about to stand. I was timing it based on the old, slower version, and i know from experience that it would've hit. (so I assumed it would miss: he wouldn't be standing on time) but I was shocked when he suddenly went from rolling, Cinematic, suddenly standing completely upright and being grabbed.

shh!

Can somebody please confirm that 6B8K is still free after a blocked 1B BE? Just been practising it in training and can't get it at all. I'm sure I was able to do it before the patch. Did they change the advantage on block? ...It could just be me being too slow.

Can somebody please confirm that 6B8K is still free after a blocked 1B BE? Just been practising it in training and can't get it at all. I'm sure I was able to do it before the patch. Did they change the advantage on block? ...It could just be me being too slow.
It still works but it's character specific. On some characters you can only get 4B guaranteed.

delighted with her 3{A} now. It's useful against characters who always seem to be monkeying around at a medium range and you need to choose something which will hit evasive SS and ducking etc.

on counter hit, bK is guaranteed at surprising range because of the way they fall. Other wise, B+K will combo if they don't tech. and 8A+B, B does the best damage. 2B+K will connect if you're worried you're too far way for the others

so thats:

3{A} 214B 36 damage (all range)
3{A} 2B+K 39/43/44 damage*
3{A} B+K 44/45 damage**
3{A} bK 45 damage
3{A} 8A+B, {B} 51-53 damage

*techable, far range
**techable left and right,
back ukemi: 49 damage
front ukemi: 59 damage + launch

I find bK is a nice natural follow up, but with an unreliable input, 8A+B, {B} is a clear winner, but if your against an idiot who can't get up properly the B+K is definitely worth it early on in the round.

also you just need to catch people now with the 7/8/9 B+K without the added hassle of needing a counter

9B+K, 6B8/6B8 BE for 61/69 damage
it does reach, but you need precise timing.

Beginning to think the patch made her absolutely worse. A buff in one slow move which "gifts" a use for 8A+B and a quicker CE does nothing for me. I actually think she took a nerf. I need to mess around more but 7_8_9B+K seems inconsistent and only for randomly using. Conflicted about her right now...

Beginning to think the patch made her absolutely worse. A buff in one slow move which "gifts" a use for 8A+B and a quicker CE does nothing for me. I actually think she took a nerf. I need to mess around more but 7_8_9B+K seems inconsistent and only for randomly using. Conflicted about her right now...
Huh? What do you mean?

I don't know what I mean...I can't put my finger on it exactly but something just feels wrong about her now. Maybe I'm not understanding my opponents changes after this enough but one thing I have noticed is that I have no answers for things anymore. I 2A+B a lot now and just in general I find myself in situations where I just don't know what to do...think I need to step away from the game for a day or two and start fresh. Had to rant guys sorry...my woman's not acting right.

I think your problem might be movement actually.

The patch has nerfed backdash a lot, so it's now like with side step - after you move backwards or to the sides, you cannot block for 20 frames. If you try to move at frame disadvantage you will eat a lot of CH. The movement no longer works like in previous installments, it's very risky and technical now. I had trouble adapting to this myself. I see that it frustrates a lot of players, because they don't know what they are doing wrong.

And for the record, the only move that got nerfed (or destroyed) in the patch was 44A+B. You can no longer release the UB at any time, plus it does 10 dmg less.

Patch notes are out! They're currently in Japanese, but we're expecting the English version today as well.

http://www.soularchive.jp/SC5/adjust/index.html

UPDATE! English version now out! https://sdtekken.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/soulcalibur_v_battle_system_update_march_2012.pdf

DISCUSS AWAY!

Top of mind thoughts:

• 3(A). Thank you SC gods.
  • bK is actually viable again and will make her ouki game that much better. Best ender after CH 4K I think.
  • 6b8 minor damage boost is welcome. That means 6b8K will now deal 45 damage. Not sure if this would affect the air attack throw version as well.
  • 1B BE fixed issues = Icing on the cake.
  • CS/SS/CE Fixes and buffs = /trollmode on

just to clarify: 1B BE has been nerfed.

1B BE 1B BE B+K is no longer a combo, in fact there are now no follow up to 1B BE 1B BE; the opponent just recovers instantaneously.
The only positive aspect to the new 1B BE is the opponent is better guaranteed not to have fallen on the ground thus be within range for the 6KB followup wither or not there was any funny business with countering.
1B BE 6KB still doesn't work at opponent's back or side, and in this aspect the move has been tones down a great deal:

The 1B BE has a habit of making the opponent back turn if you're even a fraction off of facing their front (go into practice mode and SS once and perform 1B BE: you'll wind up with your opponent in a back turn stun). In this instance you used to be able to do 1B BE 1B BE B+K (or possibly 8A+B, B, I never tested it) but now you're best option is eithe 1B BE 1B BE (followed for a grab or something since the opponent now recovers instantly but in back turn) or 1B BE BB. for about 55 damage.

Some players still get hit with 1B BE 6KB even with a back turned stun so I had a session in practice mode using 1B BE 6KB after side stepping and at various angles to the opponent.

The players that will reliably get hit with all of 1B BE 6KB even when you get a back turn stun are: Raphael, Aeon, Ivy, Ezio, Asrteroth, Patroklos (but NOT @ Partoklos), Z.W.E.I, Tira, Algol and believe it or not Natsu!

The ones where the 6BK either definitely misses or misses 9/10 are: Leixia, Viola, Pyrrha & Pyrrha O, Hilde, Misturugi, Yoshimitsu, Voldo, @ Patroklos, and believe it or nor, Cervantes, Sigfried and NIghtmare.

The odd ones out are Xiba and Maxi;
for Xiba it seems to be a matter or range: if he falls close and to Ivy's right then it'll hit other wise it'll miss. It's about 50/50. Maxi nearly went into the miss pile but it does hit every so often. Sigfried for example also hits every so often but far less so then Maxi. so I really only put it here as a technicality.

Before in this instance I could use 1B BE 1B BE B+K but now I gotta settle for 1B BE BB against these guys.

I wouldn't consider it a nerf to be honest.

Why spend additional 50% of meter on another 1B BE when you can use BB and it will always work? Sure, it does 10 dmg less but at least you know it will always work and you do not waste your meter.

yeah i was cool with the nerf the multiple BE's looked cheesey as hell Imo(though it did good damage so i understand ppl being upset) and the garunteed BB follow up while less damage (-10) leaves you at frame advantage so its not all bad.

Iirc, 1B BE has no CH stun after the patch, so that may explain why 1B BE x2 into B+K no longer works.

But as Ring said, it's a bad habit to mash out 1B BE's. It's not worth the CE meter cost.

Looks like PS did a good job on fixing her CE only in half way:d.

From close and mid range it works perfect. But from almost tip range Alpha can tap 22222222 (or 214 214 214...) during freeze and 214A just before freeze ends. So he still can fc3A+B_wsB_umbrella_2A_wsA her from it.
The closest range from with it works is when Ivy make AA on block CE.
It works for Lx 4A also (just 2222222... 4A). So it should work with all moves that was worked before patch.

Yep its just like i said before, with the patch its the, most balanced CE's in the game. Especially in comparsion to some of the other Ratchet ass CE's that really need some retweaking.

Back