Ivy play-style Long Range, Mid Range, Or Close up

What is best

• Total voters

bushindu

[11] Champion
Upon playing quite a few Ivy's it seems each player has there own preference, but never really ask them why, how about we discuss.
No flaming etc

i'd say mid range, i don't really feel used to her long range, and she doesn't have to staty too close to the opponent.

Ivy's range is all-around. She's neither a long range nor a mid-range character. She has attacks that work well for more than one range too. The best range to use with her is what range works best against certain characters or players. I wish your poll had a 4th option, because my vote would be neither. :)

lol at most of things you say man, yes she can be played at either range, but there is a general preference
e.g, I pref close, but mage loves long. Lostmorf more middish
and regardless of ring says, he has a pref as well,

Ivy's range is all-around. She's neither a long range nor a mid-range character. She has attacks that work well for more than one range too. The best range to use with her is what range works best against certain characters or players. I wish your poll had a 4th option, because my vote would be neither. :)
This isn't about fact or the character, it is about your preference. If you aren't going to say then leave.

On topic: As Bushindu has already told you I like to poke them at long range, which makes me better at match-ups such as Astaroth, Siegfried, Nightmare, etc. When people like Maxi, Pyrrha or Patroklos get up close to me I begin to struggle as close combat with Ivy isn't my best side.

This isn't about fact or the character, it is about your preference. If you aren't going to say then leave.

On topic: As Bushindu has already told you I like to poke them at long range, which makes me better at match-ups such as Astaroth, Siegfried, Nightmare, etc. When people like Maxi, Pyrrha or Patroklos get up close to me I begin to struggle as close combat with Ivy isn't my best side.
Dude, I looked at the poll that asked "What is best?" and I gave my opinion. You seem to love finding me in comments sections now just to pick a fight. I have no attachment to you.

I'd say its pretty match up dependent, but personally I fear Ivy most at mid range since so many of her pokes seem great for zoning. Plus, she can catch step really well with moves that are harder to punish at mid range (eg 3[A]). Her long range stuff is nice for applying constant pressure but she doesn't get big damage from them. I also find her less threatening at close range, especially when 1B BE can be JG'd and punished hard. Though she does benefit from being at close range after a knockdown since her wake up game is a great weapon. Though in general, she seems to get the most options at mid range, especially since her forward step is so good that dash in and CS is always an option. But as I said, I'm speaking from an omega player's point of view and I'm sure her ideal range depends on the match up.

Edit: just noticed others are saying it's MU dependent. Good to know :)

You have a tone which easily rubs people up the wrong way, especially on a forum.

I would definitely its MU dependent, but in some cases where MU knowledge is absent lol, Close mid is preference for me

Depends on the match up. However, you do have the most options at mid range (But so do some other characters vs you).

I'd say its pretty match up dependent, but personally I fear Ivy most at mid range since so many of her pokes seem great for zoning. Plus, she can catch step really well with moves that are harder to punish at mid range (eg 3[A]). Her long range stuff is nice for applying constant pressure but she doesn't get big damage from them. I also find her less threatening at close range, especially when 1B BE can be JG'd and punished hard. Though she does benefit from being at close range after a knockdown since her wake up game is a great weapon. Though in general, she seems to get the most options at mid range, especially since her forward step is so good that dash in and CS is always an option. But as I said, I'm speaking from an omega player's point of view and I'm sure her ideal range depends on the match up.

Edit: just noticed others are saying it's MU dependent. Good to know :)
You find 3[A] hard to punish and you use Omega? ^^

You find 3[A] hard to punish and you use Omega? ^^
Well, if used at tip range, NS B will whiff. But I meant that you can get away with 3[A] at mid range against a lot of the cast.

As a general rule, if I see a whip move, I stab :P

I use Ivy as a rush char so I'll say Short range.

She can however be played on any range which is sometimes is needed. (Looking at you astaroth!)

Back