Ivy's Top-10 Moves

FireFlash

[08] Mercenary
I was online sometime and saw sum awesome player with Ivy, and after playing him/her a couple of times I wanted to try her out. Usually I start using a character by coming online here, checking out their top 10 moves, and then practicing them, and once I can get them down I go online. But ... there is no thread for Ivys top 10, so I thought if i started the post somebody could help me out and give me some good moves ?

Ivy's top 10 moves

I was also wondering why there wasn't a thread like this for Ivy.

Anyway, not necessarily in order, here's my top ten moves. Well... top 12, since she has so freaking many. XD

1. SW 6B8K - Ivy's best punisher. An i13 (or 14? can't remember off the top of my head) that does 35 damage.

2. SW A+B - Ivy's best unblockable, and if the timing of holding the buttons is right, one of her fastest as well. This move has mixup opportunities as well and if used right, will hit the opponent every time.

3. FC SW 3B - Ivy's low that has no buffer lock, advantage on hit and safe on block. For a low, what more could you want? =p

4. SW 66K/SE K/66K - Advantage on hit, safe on block, TC's and launches/stuns on CH, decent buffering period. It's one of her perfect mids.

5. SW 6 - Self explanatory. You benefit from the opponent actually trying to get out of the stun from this. I have problems trying to NOT use this move all the time lol.

6. CL A+B A+K - Self explanatory. Also offers a lot of mixup opportunities by ommitting A+K on hit.

7. CL 214B - Although it remains one of her best moves (at least for me) due to the fact of its ability to sidestep almost anything on the planet, this has to be used sparingly for it to be effective.

8. WP 3A - On CH this works wonders, and remains to be one of her decent mids on WP. However, like 214B, try not relying on it too much.

9. FC WP 3B/WP 6B/WP 6B+K8_2 - Ivy's wonderful long range pokes. The first one in particular has a good mixup if used correctly.

10. WP 6AA - Ivy's sidestep killer. Again though, try not depending on it too much.

11. All stances 4K - Underestimated imo. TC's, decent damage, launches on CH, RO front on normal hit and is safe on block.

12. All stances WS K - Way too much advantage even on normal hit, safe on block, decent buffering period. Her -other- perfect mid. =p

Ivy's top 10 moves

Wow , thnk u Sora , Im writing these down right now so I can go practice , thnx again ^__^

Ivy's top 10 moves

for me

1)CL 214B_- yeah it's not safe on block, but you connect so often it doesn't matter

2)CL A+B-awesome for mixups

3) SW 3B- so many properties

3)SW 1K,B,K-just love it

4)SW A+B-gr8 UB

5)SW iCS- nuff said(if u can pull it off)

6) WP SS-these command throws are gr8 if ur skilled

7)WP 3A-lovely ss catcher

8)WP 3B_- hits grounded,sets up RO launch, gr8 change of pace for those GI maniacs

9)WP 6B+K2_8- nasty SG damage, great spacer, can drive a few charactera nuts

10)SE A+B- fantastic head game move

i am a very heavy CL WP guy....6's range makes me ill

Do to Ivy's 3 stance nature it's a bit hard to do just 10, perhaps 10 each stance is in order. Not a ranking order!

Sword

• 6 - fast (!14), leads to numerous stun combos, but is shakable. Decent damage too.
    [*]3B - decent speed and range, VERY safe on block, great damage, stuns/launches, GREAT SG damager, and good damage.
    [*]214K - Finish EVERY combo you possibly can with this and catch tech rolls to the side (left + right?).
    [*]1KB - Quick string that is great for CH or following up a stun. 1KBK is good for whiffs.
    [*]a+bA+B - the secret A+B variation which hides the flames till the swing. 80 damage and a serious mind game with range and it's a mid.
    [*]1_2_3B+K - great damage, tech crouches, awesome for CHing long range attacks (KILIK!), can be a good anti-run in shield- and RAPES Sg.
    [*]9B - great mid range punisher and interrupter. CH leads to guaranteed 214K.
    [*]2A - fast, ducks, and major advantage on hit and Ch.
    [*]FC 3B - great ranged low poke, good damage, good SG damage, easy iCS buffer.
    [*]iCS - does this need explaining?

Coiled

• 6B - great poke and does great SG damage. negative on hit though!
  • 214 - very unsafe on block, and can be on hit for some characters at close range, but despite is one of the best moves for CH there is. Never use when at advantage!
    [*]A+B - mixup generator. SOOOOO many options. If you can hit confirm A+BA+K, 66A+B is MAJOR damage.
    [*]3B - great SG damage and leads to 236BB.
    [*]236BB - coiled's 214K. End every combo you can with it.
    [*]4B - pulls enemies in close for Sword mode, great anti air, major part of a lot of combos.
    [*]22_88A - long ranged horizontal. Good for spacing.
    [*]WS B - decent range, great damage, and great SG Damage.
    [*]33bB [mash] - Great anti-wake up and anti-turtle move. RAPES SG.
    [*]33A - mid range stun on CH. Shakable but leads to high damaging combos.

Whip

• 3A - Anti-sidestep, decent range, quick, stun leads to guaranteed combos.
  • 1B - hard to land, but if it does the combos are huge.
  • 33B - Good damage, Great SG damage, leads to SE and has guaranteed combos on CH.
  • 6B+K_2_8 - Amazing long range poke that RAPES SG.
  • 1_2_3B+K - Great range poke that can lead to a lot of anti-tech, launches, and the ever lover RO cannon.
  • FC 3B - Good poke, that leads to great damage on CH and hold.
  • 6B - Quick poke that does decent damage, decent SG damage, can RO.
  • 6AA - Very long reaching horizontal that hits behind and is guaranteed on CH. duckable if blocked!
  • 66B - great stun combo starter, good damager, good SG damage.
  • SS - hard to set up in WP than CS in sword, but has CL options to help.

SW:

2A
FC 3B
WS A/B/K (yeah I grouped them all up because I can)
6B
6b9K (as a punisher)
iCS
B+G

CL:

2A
AA
B
1B, B+K
33BB
66A
throws
A+B (character dependent)

WP:

3A
6B+K2_8
66B
throws
2B/FC 2B
FC 3B

Yeah I couldn't think of 2 more for WP. The stance is honestly not that great. There's 2 extras in SW though so it evens out.

11. All stances 4K

This move is godly against all NM, it destroys his NSS mixups except for a>NSS iirc.

This move has range, tho against some built in step moves like Asta'a 22B or 88B it seems to whiff. Or i should say be wary its range against its left side, right side and forward are all different.

Feel this move is underused. Its a must when u zone while in SW.

Lol, thanks Davo. And here I was thinking of NM anti-strategies. XD Totally forgot the hidden gem that is 4K.

What hasn't already been said?

Though I'd like to add SW 6A. Nothing too fancy in terms of damage, but great push back on block.

Ivy's top 10 moves

for me

1)CL 214B_- yeah it's not safe on block, but you connect so often it doesn't matter

2)CL A+B-awesome for mixups

3) SW 3B- so many properties

3)SW 1K,B,K-just love it

4)SW A+B-gr8 UB

5)SW iCS- nuff said(if u can pull it off)

6) WP SS-these command throws are gr8 if ur skilled

7)WP 3A-lovely ss catcher

8)WP 3B_- hits grounded,sets up RO launch, gr8 change of pace for those GI maniacs

9)WP 6B+K2_8- nasty SG damage, great spacer, can drive a few charactera nuts

10)SE A+B- fantastic head game move

i am a very heavy CL WP guy....6's range makes me ill

ugh... this list is gay

1-SW 3b
2-SW 6
3-SW 66K
4-SW 1K,B,K (or 6b6,k)
5-SW FC 3B
6-SW A+B
7-CL A+B, A+K
8-CL 214
9-WP 66B (i dont use nearly enough)
10-iCS/SS

i am starting to like SW4B a lot now...i12 high thats got good range,safe and adv on hit(little 1)
WP 6A,A is good catcher and so is 3A

2a in CL adn SW are very good

I'm sorry for being a total newbie, but almost everyone mentioned this SW 6 move... Shouldn't it be a simple step forward? Illuminate me, I beg of you. :sc2ivy1:

They meant SW 6B. After the forum got an upgrade to a new version the coding has been messed up and "B" disappeared.

Think after all this time and learning it's worth redoing my list:

Sword
6(B)
3B
2A
iCS
2A+K
6B8K
1KB
WR B
9B
1_2_3 B+K
(A+B)

Coiled
1BB+K
A+B
AA
6A+B
214B_
66A
g9B
3A
22_88A
33bB

Whip
2B
6B+K2_8
3A
K
33B
g9B
1_2_3B+K

I'd "sacrifice" SW 2A for FC 3B because it's her best low. Also, WP 1_2_3B+K? Come on, this move is pretty bad. She has better choices like 66B.

Yeah i under use 66B a LOT. Eveytime I'm in range I'd rather just go into coiled. As for SW 2A I just like it because it's fast, TCs, and catches step. I use FC 3B a lot, but not as often as 2A. WP 1_2_3B+k, it's got a lot going against it, but I always seem to use it in it's limited usage. Tho 66B yeah...probably better.

CL 4A+B for life.

2A's TC is pretty bad, the only good TC is WP 2A but the move is unsafe on block =(

I guess I should post my list, even though I haven't played in a while...

SW

1. 1K/1KB
2. FC3B
3. 3B
4. 66K
5. 2A+K
6. 6B8K
7. WS B
8. 6B
9. 214K
10. A+B

CL

1. 1B,B+K
2. 33BBBB
3. B/BB
4. 214B
5. 3A
6. 6B
7. 66A
8. A+B
9. 9gB
10. 236BB4

WP

1. 3A
2. 6B+K2_8
3. 66B
4. 2B/FC 2B
5. 3B/33B
6. 44A
7. 9gB
8. 44A+B
9. 1AA
10. FC 3B

It's very hard to choose, especially in SW, there are too many good moves. There are other moves that I use very often but if I had to list them I guess I would have to post pretty much 80% of her move list.

lol @S_L's list xD

I think Ring pretty much got all my favorites.

And like you said, there's so many to choose from. There's a lot more worth mentioning too.

Back