JGing Tech Catches

However, your timing can be the same for all tech ukemi JGs as long as you have perfect timing between the two G taps for the ukemi and the JG. Gotta know ukemi timings though.

Well, actually i'm ur opinion but i think from a certain hitbox size on u can't perform ( or at least as good as impossible ) and UJG. I think it has something to do with the extreme huge hitbox of Asta...

But apart of this point i'm ur opinion

Thank everyone for the useful inputs and Rome for the video.
I have been able to do Ukemi JG with astaroth in many different situations (for example on on Algol 6kk, CE combo) but still failed every attempt against Algol 1a, CE.
I can totally do it with many other characters, but not with Astaroth...I'm starting to think that it's really impossible, but I don't have a reason for it.

Maybe the Japanese players can help? @oosaka

Apparently "red JG" is doable by human players instead of just the AI, but a bug in training mode prevents it from being performed there. The big question for Astaroth players is how to counter this technique most effectively. Will 66[K] or 214A tech traps have different enough timings to throw off UJG attempts? Perhaps the strongest counter would just be CE or another throw.

The big question for everyone else is, where can this be done against my character? Can this be used to prevent Mitsurugi CE → CE combos? Can this be done to escape Viola 2B+K BE relaunches?

Last edited:

Apparently "red JG" is doable by human players instead of just the AI, but a bug in training mode prevents it from being performed there. The big question for Astaroth players is how to counter this technique most effectively. Will 66[K] or 214A tech traps have different enough timings to throw off UJG attempts? Perhaps the strongest counter would just be CE or another throw.

The big question for everyone else is, where can this be done against my character? Can this be used to prevent Mitsurugi CE → CE combos? Can this be done to escape Viola 2B+K BE relaunches?
I'm mainly concerned with if the 66b 22k 22b combo can be JUG'd at any point, will have to test further, in vs mode.

Can this be used to prevent Mitsurugi CE → CE combos?
Watch 1:10

I think you just need to do a down ukemi and hold down, then JG...

I think he meant how can you LOW JG a MID (22B) ?

I'm mainly concerned with if the 66b 22k 22b combo can be JUG'd at any point, will have to test further, in vs mode.

22B can be JGed in that combo.
A lot of stun combos in the game which allow a ukemi at any point can be JGed, maybe even all.
Even Natsus 66B BE ~ 1A is JG able. But for some reason you can't do all this in training mode.

Also the CPU ONLY does it if you would win the round with the combo, so maybe you can only do it with low life.

I just noticed that that factor is also in the japanese video.

Would be nice if the original poster could tell us if having low life is a requirement...
Did he set it up, or is his low life just a result of failed attempts?

I remember the CPU only doing when it was at yellow life.
That would also explain why it's not possible to do in training mode.

So red JG cant be done in training? Maybe explains why ive JUGed Natsu's 66B BE > 1A a good few times in fights before but cant get it once in training.

but its not absolutely necessary to do the "6:6G" input very fast and at the moment before u would get hit, doesnt it?
cos i remember that UJG which i did against Mitsus CE and there i did the input to getting up much earlier... tho maybe its because the CE animation was between there...

It works with back ukemi as well, i don't know about left and right.
I'd always go for forward ukemi though, since it has the fastest recovery.

Thanks, that makes sense. It's not like the directions even matter in the scenarios you'd need to use this anyway. Shame it can't be done in training. Also, is it possible to upload these with inputs on? That'd be awesome. Thanks!

Last edited:
but its not absolutely necessary to do the "6:6G" input very fast and at the moment before u would get hit, doesnt it?
cos i remember that UJG which i did against Mitsus CE and there i did the input to getting up much earlier... tho maybe its because the CE animation was between there...

You can buffer it in some cases, like if a Ukemi is bufferable early.
CE freeze is a different story, you can buffer anything in the ce animation (2G2G2G....you know).

Shame it can't be done in training. Also, is it possible to upload these with inputs on? That'd be awesome. Thanks!
Yeah that sucks. I don't know if i still have some of these, the next video will be with inputs.
I think it's a 1F window fo all Red JGs, you can try to practice Red JGs but you'll always need a littbe bit of luck.

You told me it was 6G:2G before.

I had probably forgotten that it doesn't matter! lol
You can see me low just guard Mitsu 6B2, at that time i thought i had to low just guard lows.

Back