[Jul 6, 2012] Evolution 2012 (Las Vegas, NV)

im going. its a 6 hour drive for me to vegas so i will be there every year. got my hotel on lock

lets just hope i actually make it this year, last year i got side tracked in good ol vegas

UK tournament on the 17th of March - if I win it pays for the trip and I go. If not, I need a second job, haha.

I'm not sure - my boyfriend is entering, as is Dunacan and Talon, should be interesting at least, haha. That said - Alpha needs more tournament wins and someone needs to beat daggoth, lol.

Provided I don't have to actually play him, I hope so, lol.

(As gimmicky and ultimately flawed as Leixia is, 80 dmg safe shoryukens can fuck off.)

Hey... i know its VERY early. But does anyone want to be a sparing partner for casuals at the event? You can record my losses so i can learn. If there is something i am unaware of please tell me.

Got my room for the event. Just waiting for game sign ups. I need a sparring partner big time when I get there.

Hey if we got time before the tourney I'll be taking money matches...at the pool
We each get a best of two jumps. Biggest cannonball wins
Bring it!

There will be plenty of casuals to go around and plenty of sharks roaming around looking to sandbag the fuck out of people. All you 1st timers can rest assured- Casuals will be happening all event and in people's rooms. My best advice to you is to just chat up all calibur heads you run into, they will show you the path to where people are playing and in what rooms, after hours.

How can I get an invitation to EVO? I dont think we're gettin visa w/o it.

How can I get an invitation to EVO? I dont think we're gettin visa w/o it.

I would contact the organizers (the Cannon bros or Mr. Wiz) see if perhaps you can run a 'qualifier' for russia and they will send you an 'invite' to your top placers, that you can present for your visa. If you need help facilitating this, let me know I can drop a note about it, I am sure they'd be willing to help get some Russian players to come out.

I would contact the organizers (the Cannon bros or Mr. Wiz) see if perhaps you can run a 'qualifier' for russia and they will send you an 'invite' to your top placers, that you can present for your visa. If you need help facilitating this, let me know I can drop a note about it, I am sure they'd be willing to help get some Russian players to come out.
that would be much appreciated, thank you

Who plans on getting there that friday?

Actually...I just realized the schedule for this hasn't been posted...and I've bought my ticket already...what day/time is SC5 supposed to start...?

From what I remember at SC4's Evo, they don't post the schedule until registration closes. Some games start on Friday, some on Saturday. I think Friday was more for games that needed extra time due to the sheer number of entrants, so unless they've changed it (or if SC5 gets 500+ entrants) you should be okay.

Hi Soul Calibur-people,

This year's interest in Evolution is blowing the doors off every other year. Though we try to book the largest hotel ballrooms available in Las Vegas, this year there is a real threat of more people attending EVO than can fit in the event hall. We cannot risk the entire event by the fire marshal shutting us down when we're over capacity, so we are only selling enough passes to fill our maximum capacity.

At the time of this posting, EVO is over 90% full! This means if you haven't registered yet, you're at grave risk of being shut out of the event. Once we reach 100% capacity, we will shut down registration entirely, so please register ASAP if you plan on attending. If you wait till June (or even next week), it will probably be too late.

Here's the link to the registration page:

http://evo.shoryuken.com/evo-2012-player-registration/

TLDR: Register for EVO now or risk missing the cutoff.

Thanks,

--
Tony Canon
Evolution 2012 Tournament Director

Back