Just Attacks

I guess I just need to get them more defensive, because B+K is another attack that I can just never land be cause it is so incredibly slow, but that's another issue entirely.

Hardest to Easiest:

1: 2143a:B (his only JF i can't get consistently. I use the analog stick so is harder to coordinate the diagonal direction with a:B slide. I also slide a:B with square R1. Same for bA, triangle R1.)
2: 1B:B (This is post patch so it is only 1 frame it is much more difficult to do)
3: ag:B (I have A+B set to R1 on my Dual Shock 3, so I input square (A), X (G), R1 (A+B registers the B). Much easier that way)
4: 1A:A:A (The timing isn't too difficult after a little practice)
5: 2143B:B (Fairly easy. Only drop it occassionally during the 2143A+B, 2363B, 2143B:B:BE, 8A+B B, 2143a:B combo)
6: BT B+K:B (I can't remember the last time I screwed up this move)

Hardest to Easiest (IMO):

1. 2143a:B (it's even harder when you try to do 2 JFS in a row)
2. 1AAA i've only been able to do it like 4 times online lol
3. 1B:B not so difficult but idk when i'll succeed so it confuses me
4. ag:B easy to do, even two of them in a row
5. BT B+K:B
6. 2143B:B, even with A+B+K

Hardest to Easiest:

1: 2143a:B (his only JF i can't get consistently. I use the analog stick so is harder to coordinate the diagonal direction with a:B slide. I also slide a:B with square R1. Same for bA, triangle R1.)
2: 1B:B (This is post patch so it is only 1 frame it is much more difficult to do)
3: ag:B (I have A+B set to R1 on my Dual Shock 3, so I input square (A), X (G), R1 (A+B registers the B). Much easier that way)
4: 1A:A:A (The timing isn't too difficult after a little practice)
5: 2143B:B (Fairly easy. Only drop it occassionally during the 2143A+B, 2363B, 2143B:B:BE, 8A+B B, 2143a:B combo)
6: BT B+K:B (I can't remember the last time I screwed up this move)

Hey man you signed up at 8WR!

I don't see how you people say twister is harder than 1B:B.

In addition of already being a 1 frame link, when you buffer it the timing is different. So if you do it after stepping you can't even rely on muscle memory.

I don't see how you people say twister is harder than 1B:B.

In addition of already being a 1 frame link, when you buffer it the timing is different. So if you do it after stepping you can't even rely on muscle memory.
I can get 1B:B about 80% of the time offline and like half the time online. It's really not to difficult after several hours of rigorous training -.-. But Sakura Twister is much more difficult in my opinion. I don't slide from square to triangle I press Triangle and then R1 (A+B) to register the B command. It is 100,000 times easier than way imo, but it makes JF twister harder. I can only get it about 25% of the time.

When you get JF Twister down completely, you will seldom ever miss it. In a tournament setting with high pressure, it is easy to drop 1B:B regardless of experience.
That's why 1B:B is harder.

When you get JF Twister down completely, you will seldom ever miss it. In a tournament setting with high pressure, it is easy to drop 1B:B regardless of experience.
That's why 1B:B is harder.
I seem to get JF twister much more consistently on the second one while comboing to hit grounded, like after 2363B CH, twister twister. I can usually get the second one Jf so it combos, but I rarely get the first one JF unless I buffer it with precise timing during the previous move.

Judodarkfirst asked me to look at this move ages ago. Just got a new setup for testing (PS360+s are amazing) and so used this to test it out.

JF twister input on F20 (i.e. 2 on F16, 1 on F17, 4 on F18, 3A on F19, 3B on F20)

2P Alpha-P's A input on F8 --> interrupts JF
2P Alpha-P's A input on F9 --> JF hits
2P Alpha-P's A input on F17 --> counter hit by JF twister

2K input on F16 --> double hits with JF twister
2A input on F18 --> double hits with JF twister
no tech jump observed prior to this

1B:B F17 only
1AAA F21-22, F42-43 (timing of second input doesn't change timing of third input)
AGB can hold initial A for up to 2F (F0-1). Cannot hold G alone for more than 1F. Can do overlapping input, e.g. A F0-1, A+G F2 and A+B+G F3 for JF, except F0 A, F1 A+G as this will throw.
2143B:B 3F window (depends on initial input timing, F18-20 if done ASAP). BE F43-48, doesn't depend on timing for second input.

Quick test with 1B:B, inputting on frames 0,15 and 17 will give the JF. I.e. there is no lockout window for a mispress, other than if your holding the button overlaps the window.

This is not the case with 1AAA JFs. If you input another A prior to correctly inputting A on F21 or F22 then it will give the non-JF version.
Then, once you've got the second hit correctly timed and pressed only once, if you press A at any point prior to the JF window, it will invalidate a correctly timed press for the third input.

Just a quick plug for a great training mode too, in VF5FS you can get feedback as to how quickly you are pressing (and releasing button) down to the frame. If you're trying to get a JF, or seeing how quickly you're pressing buttons, this can give some objective feedback.

So it means I can press and hold the second B like: 1B: (Press and hold B) to get 2 frame input like p-linking ?

@Synraii: I can do the JFT now but the rate is not as high as yours. Would you please to share me some tips to improve ?
Yeah, I practice everyday. All I do is go to training and try to press JFT many times but seems my success rate is not increased much since last 2 weeks. I don't know why

So it means I can press and hold the second B like: 1B: (Press and hold B) to get 2 frame input like p-linking ?

No, you must double tap B to get two 1-frame windows separated by at least 1 frame during which your B button is released.

@Synraii: I can do the JFT now but the rate is not as high as yours. Would you please to share me some tips to improve ?
Yeah, I practice everyday. All I do is go to training and try to press JFT many times but seems my success rate is not increased much since last 2 weeks. I don't know why
Nothing one can do but practice, keep doing it till you never miss it. I play Alpha because my greatest strength as a player is my execution, I just don't find it hard at all, lol.

Back