Just Attacks

Discoprophet

[09] Warrior
Hello all,
I want to learn Alpha Pat, but I have never used a character so dependent on just attacks before.
I specifically am having problems with 1a:A:a and 2143a:b, what is the timing I need?
Additionally are there some general tips for just frames? Does stick or pad seem to work better?
Thanks for any help, sorry if this has already been addressed. I checked the forums but didn't find info under this topic.

I'm learning them too, but I'm getting the hang of it on most things. Can't do JF Twister (2143aB) but I can do 1BB, 2143BB, and I'm starting to get the 1AAA.

The main thing that helped me is that it's not visual based. Looking for a visual cue just screwed me up, so I learned to hear the rhythm of the buttons (using a pad), and then get that rhythm down without having to listen for it. You basically have to "feel" it, which is annoying because you can't put tangible "this is when you do it" on a feeling, but that's honestly what it is.

I'm learning them too, but I'm getting the hang of it on most things. Can't do JF Twister (2143aB) but I can do 1BB, 2143BB, and I'm starting to get the 1AAA.

The main thing that helped me is that it's not visual based. Looking for a visual cue just screwed me up, so I learned to hear the rhythm of the buttons (using a pad), and then get that rhythm down without having to listen for it. You basically have to "feel" it, which is annoying because you can't put tangible "this is when you do it" on a feeling, but that's honestly what it is.
:3 I like when people take my advice makes me feel like I accomplished something!

@Disco: Everything he said is correct!

For 2143a:B practice just getting the 2143aB first. A lot of the time when you're learning you'll keep getting WR A/B or A+B. Take your time and make sure that you're getting the 214, and when you hit 3 hold it. Don't just tap it. Once you can do the 2143aB without a problem it'll be much much easier to work on the 3a:B.

For that i'd just suggest going into training and crouching. Then just hold 3 and slide across aB until you find a method that goes fast enough for you to get the JF.

All of this.

Some of the JFs in the game are easier by visual/audio cue, but most of them you just need to time. You can definitely do JFs too fast.

yea just wondering cause its says "fastest input" so im attempting to do it as fast as i can lol

Edit: also is the 3 factored in the timing before the a:B or is it just the latter?

the lack of tolerance for plinking/overlap on JF twisters is going to make me drop a-pat, I think. Really like the char and think he seems S tier, but slide input on stick hurts my fingers too much.

Is the 2143a:B all about how fast the slide aB is or is it more about accuracy in the inputs?

the lack of tolerance for plinking/overlap on JF twisters is going to make me drop a-pat, I think. Really like the char and think he seems S tier, but slide input on stick hurts my fingers too much.

Don't drop over something like that. A lot of people use cloth or bandaids for slides. Some gamers used to even use spit or baby oil... but you'll probably be replacing buttons regularly.

Or you can be like me and bang out iMCF until your finger bleeds.

Is the 2143a:B all about how fast the slide aB is or is it more about accuracy in the inputs?

Per my observation, the input needs to be

Frame 1: a
Frame 2: b

It cannot be

Frame 2: ab (or any form of holding a/b)

On a stick, it is very hard to depress and release a quickly enough for this input to happen. The normal twister is easy to perform, but I've found just frame twisters to be a real stopping point.

I see. Very interesting. I'm just starting to really get into the depths of the character myself and I was starting to figure things out in training mode, then I come across this. I'm gonna be up all day in training mode trying to figure out that damn JF input.

Per my observation, the input needs to be

Frame 2: b

It cannot be

Frame 2: ab (or any form of holding a/b)

On a stick, it is very hard to depress and release a quickly enough for this input to happen. The normal twister is easy to perform, but I've found just frame twisters to be a real stopping point.

OMG Thanks for this information now i can pump JF twisters 50% of the time! i just kept holding a while doing the b <3

yea i play on a controller so what im doing is going 214 3a:B and i flick my thumb across a and b like theres a bug there if that makes sense lol

yea i play on a controller so what im doing is going 214 3a:B and i flick my thumb across a and b like theres a bug there if that makes sense lol
That's generally how to do it on a stick too, only with the index finger swiping across instead of a thumb.

It's a lot easier on stick if you just hit the edges of the buttons instead of the middle as you normally would. Also, for whatever reason, JF umbrella from a buffer is much more forgiving than throwing it out raw.

I've been wearing a bandaid on my index finger to help w/ the "pain" lol. The JF twister, once you figure out the aB plink, is *really* easy to 100%. The other JFs are much harder since the timing is just rhythm based.

I've been wearing a bandaid on my index finger to help w/ the "pain" lol. The JF twister, once you figure out the aB plink, is *really* easy to 100%. The other JFs are much harder since the timing is just rhythm based.
how does plinking work exactly? ive looked up vids but they're all for sf4 and such does it work that same way in here?
It's a lot easier on stick if you just hit the edges of the buttons instead of the middle as you normally would. Also, for whatever reason, JF umbrella from a buffer is much more forgiving than throwing it out raw.
yea ive noticed that it is easier to get a JF off of 33b than it is to do the 2143 one

Back