Just Attacks

The post doesn't give the specific measurement of time for the move. Well it doesn't tell you anyway. It just plays once, unlike the constant beat of a song that has a Bpm spaced out perfectly to the move.

If I know what the frame data (which I'm having a hard time finding) is then I can listen to a song that's at that Bpm instead of rewinding ever 2 seconds to try and time it with the track.

Holy shit did you just reply on our conversation from 2012? Are you still struggling with the move 4 years later? :)

Holy shit did you just reply on our conversation from 2012? Are you still struggling with the move 4 years later? :)

Lol, I stopped playing in 2014 after an unfortunate accident happened involving a PS3 and a flight of spiral metal stairs (one of the most depressing things in the world is watching a PS3 fall down a metal spiral staircase just barely fast enough that you're aware you can't save it but slow enough it feels like forever.... sigh).

After that nonsense I was overwhelmed with work, bills, psycho exs, etc and just didn't have the time to go travel to the nearest place to buy a new PS3 (30 miles from where I lived). So, I am very out of practice.

But that wasn't why I responded. I replied because I don't feel those clips are as useful as the technique I use (which gave me Insta results btw... probably cause I've also played piano for 24 years, as of now).

Said technique works for any just attack in any game that's

A. Only 2 timed inputs

B. 3 or more inputs that's have the same amount of time between each input (e.g. If aPats 1A : A : A had the first hit at 22, the second at 32 and... well the 3rd doesn't matter... with a 1 frame window of error, as the attack has, it's not going to be a consistent tempo. If it's as the attack actually is with 22, 44, 66 it works because you have a tempo where you press a every 22 frames and can be off by 1 frame)

C. Not fastest possible inputs in a game that runs on so many frames a second that it's humanly impossible to time inputs e.g. The human ear starts to interpret a tempo higher than 1,200 as a tone/note (sound is any vibration in the air that your ears, or other instruments, pick up... well it's just any vibration in the air really. Sounds = noises and tones. A noise is a vibration that's inconsistent in pitch e.g. Dropping a beer bottle on a cement floor will cause a sound that goes up and down in its way length that's inconsistent and you get the noise of shattered glass but air flow over the opening on the top flows in and out at a consistent rate creating a consistent way length that goes up and down. If it's more than 1,200 cycles a minute it's heard as a note rather than a noise... btw notes are actually just a shit ton of noises identical enough to each other heard over and over so fast you register it as one continuous sound because your brain doesn't have enough ram storage to perceive shit faster [or seeing faster as superman says... or was that captain America. Don't remember but it was a dumb ass way of saying they perceive at a faster rate than humanly possible]. )

This can be summed up but saying if the inputs are too fucking fast for human perception to actively perceive it than you can use a tool to fucking time it to get it right. Also fastest input in games works in such a way (for a well designed game) that you can input attacks faster than the game runs e.g. With Cervy's 2,1,4+B (3 frame input AT THE MOST) it's possible to do 2, 1, 4, B or 2, 1, 4+B as long as it happens within 3 frames. You can even do either combination in the first frame.

These attacks are things you can use this tech to learn from. These are just frames you simply need to just DO and practice practice practice till you get faster with little though -(almost like running... okay yeah it is like running cause sure there are techniques for your runningg form to get faster but a metronome isn't someone you use to get a better time in the 100m dash. Maybe in the 800m or the 1,k or the mile but not an all out dash. 400m and less is about form, running as hard as possible but not really timing. Technique for chun li lightning legs or cervy just frames help but it sure as shit ain't based of timing.) so here... fastest possible drummer

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ets-record-with-over-20-beats-per-second.html

1,200 Bpm.

The actual technique.
aPats B+k, b for example is 15, 30.
60 frames in the game per second. Intervals of 15 for the just frame (that's safe on block but hyper situational).
60 divided by 15 equals 4 in a second.
4 multiplied by 60 equals 240 Bpm.
YouTube (seriously that easy) 240 Bpm and you'll find a video of a metronome beating at 240 Bpm.
Practice attack to the metronome. Don't have to be perfect, just within a 3 frame window (PERFECT!!!.... DDR reference).

Problems (kinda but not really)
1AAA is 22, 44, 66.
22 frame intervals.
60 divided by 22 = 2.727272...
Multiplied by 60 = 163.636363636363...
So... Bpm runs on a system with a minute that consists of 60 seconds.
Frames in high end fighting games have 60 in a second. Sometimes the frames for a just attack are off be fractions of a frame. But frames happen so fast it doesn't matter if you're exact. Just within a 60th of a second accuracy for a 1 frame input. So round up or down based on regular math rounding shit...

In this case go up to 164 Bpm and it works out.

Like a musician learning a tempo for a song practice this over and over with the metronome until you're consistent. Then do it without the metronome and unlike a musician you're told if you aren't consistent and can tweak your inputs (wish I had a keyboard where I could program the timing of the note so if I wasn't on time the note wouldn't play... that'd be awesome.).

But that is why I responded... basically to say the mocking comment you made was kinda stupid cause there's a lot more going on here.

Even your response now is kinda douchey. Instead of defending your suggested method of training you attack me rather than what I said.

Back