Kayane Needs Your Help to Get to Tougeki SBO (Japan)

I'm talking about on shoryuken.com

sorry totally glossed over the srk part, unfortunately, many people who play soul calibur or 3d fighters in general don't visit srk or play capcom games

p.s. loved your link costume, I was in your pool at evo

p.s. loved your link costume, I was in your pool at evo
lol thanks, yeah, I hope to run into the (nor?)cal players again sometime. I'm still prominently an online player so it's always awesome to get in some offline games with good players.

uh...your example doesn't match what i said. Cute though. I bet that took you 30 mins to come up with. And if I recall I put it in SC multi section of the site...you know the place where every serious Sc player goes to actually talk about the game at a serious level. I mean...why post it in the casual section.

I PUT TOURNEY ANNOUNCEMENT IN CREATE A SOUL SECTION, WHY NO ONE SEE IT?

Did I want Kayane, a French player to win an American SBO qualifier? No. Is there something not classy about this? Not at all. This isn't a hippie bonfire, this is a competitive fighting game where one side loses and one side wins. People have the right to choose sides, nothing wrong with this. If she's such a pro player she should have a tough skin. Hell, I walk into tourneys knowing no one wants me to win. It shouldn't hurt anyone's feelings.
Your points have zero to do with the topic at hand. Making it about a French player living in San Diego winning the qualifier is a moot point that you choose to pettily dwell on.

While few people will lobby as hard as I for the spirit of fighting; the event is over. Thus, drawing "sides" only demonstrates a pettiness we haven't been a part of until now. Prior to the conclusion of the event I'm all for whatever it takes to win, sides, and everything short of cheating... but if the winner has been picked, can you go back in time? Since you can't, don't dwell on that and focus on what you can do. You can spit venom and soil what the SC community has stood for or you can help someone who would readily extend a hand to you if the spots were reversed. Your call.

Above all else, Kayane is a member of the SC community. This community has always been regardless of borders. Kayane is qualified to attend a competitive event as a community member. The SC community has been traditionally giving and supportive of its members and I fear the day in which it isn't.

Also, I will say this, I can say with no short supply of certainty that if you went to France and won a SBO qualifier, some of the PP donations you received would be from France. In fact, given what the France scene has happily given to the NA scene for the various global events it has hosted, I would measure that France has been easily the most giving nation in the larger SC community. I fondly remember players coming back from SCII era French events warmly recalling how generous and supportive their hosts were. Even in their most petty states, NA players cannot cast a single stone against France.

Your points have zero to do with the topic at hand. Making it about a French player living in San Diego winning the qualifier is a moot point that you choose to pettily dwell on.

While few people will lobby as hard as I for the spirit of fighting; the event is over. Thus, drawing "sides" only demonstrates a pettiness we haven't been a part of until now. Prior to the conclusion of the event I'm all for whatever it takes to win, sides, and everything short of cheating... but if the winner has been picked, can you go back in time? Since you can't, don't dwell on that and focus on what you can do. You can spit venom and soil what the SC community has stood for or you can help someone who would readily extend a hand to you if the spots were reversed. Your call.

Above all else, Kayane is a member of the SC community. This community has always been regardless of borders. Kayane is qualified to attend a competitive event as a community member. The SC community has been traditionally giving and supportive of its members and I fear the day in which it isn't.

Also, I will say this, I can say with no short supply of certainty that if you went to France and won a SBO qualifier, some of the PP donations you received would be from France. In fact, given what the France scene has happily given to the NA scene for the various global events it has hosted, I would measure that France has been easily the most giving nation in the larger SC community. I fondly remember players coming back from SCII era French events warmly recalling how generous and supportive their hosts were. Even in their most petty states, NA players cannot cast a single stone against France.

It's not about a French player winning an American SBO qualifier? Who won the qualifier then? and where was the qualifier taking place? Anyways, the thread was made to talk about a French players need of donations in a qualifier that was in America. In the thread people also talked about her, defending her, blah blah. That's where i came in, she doesn't need anyone to hold her hand, she seems pretty chill about everything. You went on to defend her and talk about being upright citizens. You seem more uptight than anything though. I don't need to take the moral high ground like you, I love spitting that venom, it's tasty and delicious.

Well said. I don't give a fuck if she's representing the USA or France, only thing that matters for me is that she will be there, hopefully having a good time while representing the community and promoting the game in general.

P.S. Those facts alone are a reason big enough for me to make my second donation ever to anyone or anything in my life. \o/

It's just sexism at it's finest. Same shit that happens in any competitive community when a girl gets in the limelight.
Just recently the Starcraft 2 community got it's own female top progamer...same exact shit.

This community has donated and helped all kinds of individuals travel to tournaments before. No much complaining then. But because Kayane is a chick, check it...it becomes an issue. It has nothing to do with her being French. If you've been around the site for awhile now you know this.

Me personally see it as this, if she was just a pretty face with no skills I could take offense with her getting the attention she gets. But she's not just a pretty face, she's a competitor, she's fucking good and she has the passion to hate losing. It's not her fault that she's a chick guaranteeing the extra attention. And by hating on her for that reason you're just giving her more attention.

Lots of great points made in this thread. I think that people are taking everything being said in here too seriously though.

There are people who like and respect Kayane, then there are people who like and respect Kayane, but don't want to pay to send her to Japan, and finally there are people who just hate Kayane.

I think only the latter are a disgrace to the 8WR community. There's nothing wrong with wanting to have another representative for the US. But the fact of the matter is that Kayane will be representing the US and we should be supportive regardless of what local our player is coming from. I wish her the best and I hope that she has learned from whatever mistakes she may have made at EVO; emerging a better player at this tournament.

Also good job not spitting venom, Mr. don't knock regions because it will hurt the community.
How does that have anything to do with the topic at hand? Knocking a region for under performing should be something motivational... which, frankly, America has been heavily under performing in SCV (compared with SC2, SC4). Knock all you want. But if the rep has been selected, you can't undo it. Support the community when the time for knocking is done. As I said, I love comp and everything around it.

I'd gladly donate to an American to go to SBO and have done so many times in the past.

Stay on topic.

I strongly disagree with a lot of comments being said towards America and it's representation of skill. I can point out a number of occasions where America showed outstanding performances, in high level play. This can be said for all regions. If judgment is being established off a 14-man bracket, then I don't need to say much more.

I'm the last to downplay someone's tournament victory. As a friend, I'm happy for Kayane- just as I'd be happy for any other International representative who I've befriended. However, there's no shame is being disheartened that your region (in this case, America) lost. That's how the competitive scene works.

To direct this back towards the main topic at hand- Kayane deserves her win. She's got her funds, and I'm very happy to see a lot of community members put forth efforts to seeing said goal reached. +1 8wayrunners.

I PUT TOURNEY ANNOUNCEMENT IN CREATE A SOUL SECTION, WHY NO ONE SEE IT?
Because friendship and unity is carrots. Good carrots too. Look, I know I am look at as the village idiot of this site. But hey, I was trying to be helpful and stuff. I hate most of you assholes, but I turn the other cheek.(Jackie Robinson ftw!)All I was arguing was knowing the event nothing else. Please don't blame me or somepony for your shortcomings and mistakes. I agree that it seems SBO staff just snowball it in. I also agree it was late notice, but what I don't agree is not knowing about Sc5 being there. So, I'll say it again, if YOU'RE really a top player, then admit your shortcomings and mistakes. If you need help take a look this past NBA season and the Heat's run to....I hate to say it.... glory. Eww...such a bad word...but yeah take a look at them for examples if you need them.

yes well you're not being helpful, and fortunately, no top players need your validation to know they are and be recognized as top players, but I guess you are right to blame all the players who do not own their own private jet liner, or can just freely take off from work whenever they want to fly down to california in less than a weeks notice, shame on all you top players, if you all are so good at soul calibur then why arent you rich?! ah...so thats what it feels like to be the village idiot

i knew about SBO a good maybe 2 or 3 weeks before it happened. I'm just flat broke so i didn't go. and didn't pay much more attention to the whole thing. i would have gone to at least watch if i have known Kayane was there and would have made another thread about it if i would have known it was such a big deal. i think it's fate for Kayane cause everything obviously and easily worked in her favor. this was meant to happen.

but either way what's done is done. now we only have the future to look to. you can't change what already happened.

but either way what's done is done. now we only have the future to look to. you can't change what already happened.

you're absolutely right, you cant change what happened, BUT you can change what is ongoing which is the needless blame that displays a complete lack of understanding in the slightest, but I guess im the real retard for arguing with people on the forums for a personal pet peeve about misplaced blame, I almost wish I was getting trolled but I realize people are just dumb

Back