Kilik Tech Trap and Down Punisher Combos

Hayate

[13] Hero
Okay that was my major research on Kilik before the week's big french tournament.

Now i have testet a lot's of things and i have the numbers, so let's go!

88B 3kB (airhit)
- 6B+K garanted combo, does more dmg on techer - 76 total dmg
- 2[B+K] garanted combo into MO A / K Pressing - 72 dmg
- 4 Tech Trap b,n,f , but non safe versus non-tech - 100 dmg
- 2A+K Tech Trap all, safe versus non-tech - 91 dmg + RO potential
- 11A Tech Trap All, better avantage if non-tech - 78 dmg
- BP B Down Trap ALL, opponnent have to tech, they 4G to hit the GB, 95dmg if stay down
- BB 8_2B+K First hit is combo, second is techable, use your opponent to tech 64dmg
- 44aB Down Trap back roll only - 123dmg

9B
- 66B Combo does more damage on tech - 57dmg
- 88B Tech Trap all except right - ~90dmg with air folow up
- 1A Tech Trap - ~57dmg
- 4A+B Down Trap all expect back roll and force block if the tech, they can GI but not attack directly
- FOTD max delayed with catch on all Tech execpt back, if they geup with low guard use 4A+B or MO A to discourage

WS B offaxis will result on non AT 66B, here the tech trap after
- All exactly the same than after 9B

11B
- 4B+K Tech Trap all + hit down ~62dmg
- 44aB will hit with a lots of success on all tech exept LEFT, and hit on ground roll or staydown 92dmg
- Delayed 22B (you have to do RIGHT RIGHT + B to purchase LEFT TECHING opponent) will intercept all tech exept RIGHT ~80dmg with air follow up
- BP B will force block all tech exept LEFT and will down trap all expect LEFT ROLL.
- 4A+B if they try to tech they will be hit, espacially big char, if the they down they will be hit by the third move - 66dmg, so it's safe and nearly all garanted
- 2A+K tech trap all direction for RO potential - 60dmg
/!\ Case 44aB : If done with correct timing, it's still can be escaped by theching LEFT with a strict timing with some characters,it also depend on which side you hit with 11B, so it's not conssistend enough but still a good trick. It can also be escaped by Left Rolling on no-CH 11B with almost all character exept Seung Mina, Zasalamel, Rock, Kilik, Amy, i don't have time to test all the axis possibility yet, but i think there maybe a better succes rate if you done it correctly.
/!\ Case 4B+K : If do 77B (into Right Step), you will result on some character at mising your Grouned 4B+K. Also the distance of Impact seems to be important too, but it's more reliable than the 44aB case, most of the character will be hit if you do it 11B (into Left 8wayruning)
Note : The most reliable thing here is 4B+K, 2A+K and 22B (done with Right 8wayrunning) even you hit left off axis or right. BP will suffer some variation versus some character at different range and axis, also 4A+B can be easly blocked versus some character, but still good versus Down Laying strategy.

FC A+B (the great one!!)
- Asura Dance Tech Trap ALL DIRECTION for 119dmg!
- 6B+K garanteed combo does more dmg on techer 62dmg
- 11B Tech Trap all expect LEFT and will hit non tech 67dmg + Folowup possible
- 2A+B Down Trap for total 86dmg, non safe versus side techer.

2A+K
- 4B Tech Trap back,n,front

CH 2B+K
- 1_3A+B Tech Trap all for 70-80dmg
- 22B (done RIGHT RIGHT + B) - 80dmg with air combo
- 6B+K down trap safe versus side techer - 70dmg
- 44K down trap safe versus side and back techer will let you for BT MIXUP!! 71dmg

CH 2[B+K]
- MO A Tech Trap all exept LEFT TECH follow up possible
- MO A+G_B+G max delayed catch all Tech expect back
- MO B will punish non tech

MO A+B
- Asura Dance will techtrap all except LEFT TECH for 120dmg
- 22B (done RIGHT RIGHT B) will techtrap all except RIGHT TECH for more than 80dmg
- 6B+K will techtrap all except LEFT TECH and punish down 82dmg safe if left tech
- 1_3A+B will tech trap with AT for 85-95dmg total dmg

- 2K garanted combo
- 22A Tech Trap all except LEFT
- 1A Tech Trap all

3A+B
- 66B seems garanted does more dmg on non tech
- 6B tech trap all
- 6K tech trap front, back and neutral for RO potential
- MO K can't be steped if they tech, forceblock for +0
- 9B is ground punisher, and -14 if the they tech side.

1A+B
- 6B+K is total forceblock move is they tech any side, ground punisher if the stay down
- 4B is non stepable after teching any side
- 4 is only stepable at LEFT SIDE but mixing 4B and 4 can't create some major damage on soul gauge

Still have to test :
- after 44aB
- after WS B (but there is all the information on BLDave topic)

Well the major one that i use now is :

CH 1B, then FC A+B on combo, then tech trap all direction into Azura it gives nearly 140pts dmg!!

Also some fluctuation can be found versus some character, i don't have tested all (juste Kilik and Mitsu on training, and some other character on real match), but i use this on match, so i will see if they don't work versus someone.

I'm nowhere near a fan of techtraps.
But some of this stuff is just too awesome.

Expect to see me abusing 11B -> 44aB :p

Thanks Hayate :)

Thx to Kilik62 and Saunic, 2 french Kilik player helped me to find some numbers and tech trap too.

There is a lot's of stuff that is a forcedblock trap that i have found don't when i will post it, but it's deadly for Crticical Finish!

This stuff is gold. I love CH 1B into FC A+B into Asura, that's just brilliant. And the CH 1B into 44aB is too good. Had no idea Kilik could deal this much damage.

This stuff is crazy, can't wait to try it out.

Nice work Hayate.

EDIT: Was testing combos with these techtraps a bit ago...MO A into 46A (if they don't shake it), FC A+B to Asura techtrap is INSANE. Holy crap.

Damn, I can't get CH 1B into FC A+B to connect.
Either i get 2A+B from doing it too early or the 2nd hit or FC A+B hits when they are on the ground.

Also, not related but fun.

You can FOTD -> 3kB -> wallsplat -> CH 3BB -> 2K

for some fun you can try:

WS B - Tech trap 2A+B (you have to time this, but its got very easy timing) - Tech trap asura.

Wow, this thread is kind of scary for non Kilik Players :P

really nice tech trap game, but i have some questions/notes about 44K,all tested against Kilik:

-44K~2K seems techable to the right, i cant get a Combo out of it

-I cant get the 44K~22A Tech Trap at all, tried it buffered, tried it delayed, does not work for me :P Any Tips?

-44K~1A seems to be techable to the Left, am i wrong?

EDIT:

I dont know whether its usefull or already known, forgive me that i have not read everything about Kilik:

-22B for all Tech directions except right

maybe in some situations you can do it without the B followup to get a chance for bigger Tech Trap Damage, when they start teching right you can go back for 4KB or go for 2A or 1A which catches Techs to the right.

The data for 44K could be false, there isn't much things you can do after it

4K 88B is good to know.

According to my match yesterday :

11B 4B+K seems to whiff if Ivy stay down without doing nothing at some range, maybe at all range i have to test it.

11B 44aB can be rolled to the left with some character, maybe at some range to, or i have missed my buffer maybe, i have to test it too.

3kB (airhit) BP B can be blocked with no tech if you do 4G, i can't get a free move at this range, so it's the best option if the opponnent try 4G, i think 2A+B may be better in this case to punish staydown.

I have to test more 88B / 44aB mixup after 11B i think, and force 2A+K to punish all tech, cause 4B+K seems to whiff versus some character on down so it's not 100% garanted.

Edited the first post:

/!\ Case 44aB : If done with correct timing, it's still can be escaped by teching RIGHT easly AND LEFT! with a strict timing with some characters, it also depend on which side you hit with 11B, so it's not consistend enough but still a good trick. It can also be escaped by Left Rolling on no-CH 11B with almost all character exept Seung Mina, Zasalamel, Rock, Kilik, Amy, i don't have time to test all the axis possibility yet, but i think there maybe a better succes rate if you done it correctly.

/!\ Case 4B+K : If do 77B (into Right Step), you will result on some character at mising your Grouned 4B+K. Also the distance of Impact seems to be important too, but it's more reliable than the 44aB case, most of the character will be hit if you do it 11B (into Left 8wayruning)

General Note about 11B Tech Trap: The most reliable thing here is 4B+K, 2A+K and 22B (done with Right 8wayrunning) even you hit left off axis or right. BP will suffer some variation versus some character at different range and axis, also 4A+B can be easly blocked versus some character, but still good versus Down Laying strategy.

I didn't have time to test this out, but:

It would seem that if you do 3A+B and the opponent doesn't tech, 4A+B will hit grounded.

This happened when I was playing against a Kilik player last night. He hit me with 3A+B, I laid there, he did 4A+B, I got hit! O_o

Could someone please test this whenever they have time?

Good shizzle Hayate! Lets push stick boy all the up to top tier! Fvck "top-mid" XD!

Btw, good sh** in SB3 Wing-Zero! When I heard a Kilik won a major SC4 tourney I almost shat myself.

This stuff is gold. I love CH 1B into FC A+B into Asura, that's just brilliant. And the CH 1B into 44aB is too good. Had no idea Kilik could deal this much damage.

first time posting on here ( i think lol) as a beginning kilik player.. FC A+B is on the move list "pounding stones" just making sure i'm doing the right move.

I didn't have time to test this out, but:

It would seem that if you do 3A+B and the opponent doesn't tech, 4A+B will hit grounded.

This happened when I was playing against a Kilik player last night. He hit me with 3A+B, I laid there, he did 4A+B, I got hit! O_o

Could someone please test this whenever they have time?

i just tested it.. Kilik steps back a half a step when he does 4A+B so i don't know how u got hit. tested it at the wall too. he steps out the range for the hit to connect on the ground.

Back