Kilik vs Kilik

Nightstar_Ace

[08] Mercenary
I'm both an Amy player and a Kilik player so I visit both forums a lot. I have a question though. If I were facing another Kilik player (one who actually knows what they're doing and don't spam), how do you beat them? I mean, what moves are punishable and what would be the best moves to use as counters? I'm an experienced Kilik player since SC2, but wasn't really hardcore into the SC series until now.

Kilik is a bad punisher, so Kilik vs Kilik matchup is very open with the move you use, the only probleme is Asura, cause Kilik have not quick and good kicks.

Only 1K and 3kB, but 1K is doing no damage and let you on disavantage, and 3kB is bad if the opponnent start ducking (maiking miss the second B)

So i don't know how exactly counter Asura.

Maybe 6B+K / 66KK / 6K / 44K, or just throw out some 6AAA CH, 4A+B (delayed move).

If you block the first hit of Asura, you can Asura the second hit, making the Kilik impossible to hit confirm.

Asura is punishable on block. Regular Asura is -25 on block and GB Asura -17 on block. Most of the time they will do regular Asura so just block that and punish with anything that's i25 or lower. One thing to watch out for when they do regular Asura is that they will be at mid distance (after you block them) so throws and very close range attacks will miss so just get in a little closer.

Also, you can GI the second hit, i.e. 6B. Or you can just side-step it and launch them with [2]_[8] B.

If they do B, B the second B is easily GIed on reaction. Same for the B in 66K, K, B.

I'm pretty sure Asura counters WS B and FC 3B. So it's great to go for Asura whenever they crouch in front of you. plus Asura will jump 2K.

I think mid range is best when playing against another Kilik.

One tricky thing about the match up is any good Kilik player can start to copy all your anti Kilik strats.

Yes, Kilik versus Kilik is tricky. The conventional vs. Kilik wisdom is "Get in his face". But, what if you are Kilik too?! He is weak up close but so are you. So IMO that match-up will come down to mind games and not making mistakes more than anything else.

My biggest problem is making key mistakes whether it be slip ups in input (I think my controllers have taken a beating), but also miscalculating frames too.

nah for me on K vs K i have an issue with ground game. If and when i knock you down there are things I like to do to either push you where i want you or deal damage trying, BUT with Kilik himself he freaking A+B off of ground out of it, or i mess up trying to Monument the A+K attempt (which rarely happens). and thus I cry

Asura is not really punishable even at -25. You have 50% chance of missing à punishiment if he stop to the second hit or land the third and you expect the stop.

You can only punish it at 100% with 46B and 6AA by waiting 1sec after the block of the second hit. That's a bad punishement!

Also the step is very bad especially with Kilik. You can't step the second hit with Kilik, in any direction. You can only step guard to the left if you expect the first hit to come.

Btw, for Stepping and Blocking, it BOTH the WRONG OPTION versus Kilik. Cause Kilik will does Asura at disavantage or frametrap, that mean you abandon your advantage or frametrap and block Asura??? ery bad idea if he manage to adapt it he will then take the advantage when you are waiting a Asura! And Throw/Low you.

The best thing to do versus Asura, is stoping it directly with the move that i said before => 6B+K, 3kB, 6AAA, 4A+B

Back