King Of Fighters Thread

It would be REALLY nice if SNK pulled the same kind of deal Epic did when it released unreal tournament 2003 as a half finished POS version of unreal tournament 2004 and said "Alright, you bought that half finished POS and we thank you for putting up with us, since you're getting the finished game here's 20 dollars back if you purchased the original".

imo so far it seems like...

sss tier... iori, kyo

s tier... joe, terry, shen, ash

a tier... ralf, kensou, elibeth, andy

b tier... everyone besides

c tier... clark, duo lon

where did you get that list? last arcadia list I saw had clark all by himself at the bottom. and elisabeth is on your list so...

angrel: the game is very balanced so don't worry about the tiers much. I think the balance is the only thing people DON'T complain about

Tia's right. This is pretty much the most balanced fighting game I've ever played. Pick who you want. (Unless you want to play Duo Lon.)

There's no bullshit in this game, and I think the fact that there's nothing abuseable/broken turns a lot of people off, sadly.

yeah thats right,but we still dont have that damn patch.
So it doesnt matter if that game is balanced if we cannot play online like in VF or SFIV...its still stupid lag overkill!

where did you get that list? last arcadia list I saw had clark all by himself at the bottom. and elisabeth is on your list so...

angrel: the game is very balanced so don't worry about the tiers much. I think the balance is the only thing people DON'T complain about

i rethought my tier list... this is only my opinion... everyones tier list can be different...

S: Kyo, Iori
A: Terry, Joe, Robert
B: Andy, Ralf, Kensou, Shen, Ash
C: Athena, Goro, Raiden, Leona, Ryo, Benimaru
D: Chin, Kim, Mature, Elizabeth
E: Clark, Duo Lon

however this is still a very balanced game... just cause kyo is S tier doesnt mean he has an automatic victory over duo lon... a weak character like duo lon can do almost 50% in the corner just from landing a counter hit s.D... my tier list is based off of how easy it is to use the character and perform their gameplan flawlessly... how safe they are... how many options they have... how easily can u can land b&bs and get good damage... and overall how well they match-up against their opponent...

yeah thats right,but we still dont have that damn patch.
So it doesnt matter if that game is balanced if we cannot play online like in VF or SFIV...its still stupid lag overkill!

How did games survive before online?

We're playing totally offline here. :p And it's the best game ever. Get people intrested locally and show them what this game really has to offer.

Mas- There is no S-tier in this game. Kyo/Iori have thier own share of problems too. Paritcularly Kyo, who really amounts to nothing more then an asshole shoto with a shitty fireball and a retardedly good shoryu. DF+D is unsafe, Standing D has like no vertical hitbox whatsoever and takes a year to recover, he has one of the worse range sweeps in the game, his CC damage pales compared to some others, you can crossup his Shoryu on wakeup, he's unsafe on a lot of specials, etc., etc... his lack of range without fireball/Standing D in general is what hurts him, and since both those moves lose really hard at any sort of whiff... He's still good, but hardly deserveing of a god tier status. He wouldn't even be that high if LP shoryu didn't cover 3/4ths of the screen, and I just can't get behind naming a character best in the game when the best thing they have going for them is an unsafe shoryu that does.. 8%~10% depending upon which version/how many hits you get hit by. That's a lot of shoryus to die from. His damage output isn't even that high, either, off his BnBs.

Iori just has to get in somehow, and his F+D loses out to the lows it's designed to beat a lot more then it should. I also find the angle/priority of his shoryu to be pretty bad in general- I just use standing C for anti-air/hop, haha. I'd believe Iori to be an S-tier a lot quicker then I'd believe Kyo, (his hopping footsies are so. good.) but neither are really that scary if you go into the matchup knowing what they're capable of. S-tier is usually reserved in games for characters with a disproporinate amount of BS compared to the rest of the cast, and neither Iori, Kyo, or anyone else has that.

This game is easily divided into 3 tiers at most, and that's only because Duo Lon/maaybe Clark are that bad. If they were a little better I could beleive a two-tier tier list, lol. Clark's debateable because it really depends upon wether he's going agianst someone that can out prioritze him effectively (Chin QCB+P all day, for example, ruins Clark) or not, since Clark's wakeup game is MONSTEROUS and difficult to escape. Anti-reset grab/Backbreaker mixup really is that scary.

Duo Lon is Dhalsim with half the pokes and a useless Rekka, so he totally deserves being bottom tier. And he still has a purpose on a team as a time-out whoreing clean up character. I don't know why you'd pick him for that reason when Benimaru/Ryo aren't that many spaces away from him though.

Well since i just tl;dr'd unintentionally, lol, I might as well put my own tier list up. Shoto-style characters definitely have the upperhand because they in general are just more versitle:

A Tier: Robert, Terry, Joe, Iori, Kyo, Andy, Ash, Mature, Kim, Shen Woo
B Tier: Kensou, Chin, Leona, Raiden, Ryo, Elisabeth, Athena, Ralf, Goro
C Tier: Benimaru, Clark, Duo Lon

I've played against most everyone except Shen, Beni/Chin(play as them though),Ralf and Goro offline/in tournament, and I can say pretty confidently that I have enough of a working knowledge of how they function to place them. Except maybe Shen Woo- a local player just picked him up but I've only played him really once and it seems like he's still working him out.

Shen is really good. I think he's above average even if you can't do his 1 frame links at all. He has good normals (imo his jump D is excellent) and combo damage (except from 2B unless you can get the link to super)

Duolon is one of the worst characters but I still don't think he's all that bad. He has good anti air if you use 2C against big jumps and 6A against hops. Counterhit 2C anti air > teleport > 2C > teleport is a good combo and lets you pressure. His normals on the ground like 2B/2A/6D are pretty good. His main problems imo are that his jump attacks aren't very good (they seem rather slow to me) and his combo damage is weak. On the plus side though, he can combo to super from a 2B unlike some other characters (ex: kyo, leona).

I aboslutely can't wait until KOF XIII hits the shelves here in the ol' US. I will randomly add that I despise expert Shen players with a passion, it is like he completely shuts down any offense and his combos, ohh his fucking combos -_- I can own just about any combination of fighters however when you throw me against a good Shen player, I don't hold a chance, even against my Ikari Fury team.

Back