King of the Fighters '09 Philadelphia (SC4)

Yeah i'm not attending this at all. I noticed the confirmation on PS3 as the standard but the responder clearly whiffed the "What is the guaranteed pot question".

To much money to get in and like the above poster says that will probably knock out alot of people entering combined with the fact that the event may be more than one day because of that King of Tournament part which I still kinda don't understand.

To those who do go have fun!

I dont see what the problem is being all 3 days. WCG Fighter Club was more than 1 day where they did pools the first day, then the double elim brackets the next day. This tournament will more than likely be like WCG.

And I can see the point about the issue on the prize money because it hasn't been fully announced and cemented yet, but money WILL be there. Considering the prize payout, I don't see why 40 something bucks is a problem. Not like you have to play in all the games, just one.

Do you see people complaining about a 10 GRAND entry fee in the World Series of Poker? Lets be real people....
But like I said, I understand yalls issue about the prize payout. Only other thing I can say is that more info should be announced soon. We're still well over a month away from this event. So it should all make sense soon.

Do you see people complaining about a 10 GRAND entry fee in the World Series of Poker? Lets be real people....

Did you seriously just compare this event, sponsored by a local network affiliate, to the WSOP?

Also - the problem with 40 something is that most of that goes to bullshit and not a prize-fund...this is why knowing about a guaranteed pot is important

Finally - 3 days is cute, really, but how many days will SC take?

If there's one thing us SC4 players excel at, it's overwhelming, needless complaining.

Lets all head over to SRK to join them in... complai...ning? Wait, they're not complaining like we are?
Really?

That's a god damn shocker.

Did you seriously just compare this event, sponsored by a local network affiliate, to the WSOP?

Ah, yes I did compare it to that, it's the same concept of Risk and Reward....

And the only reason there is a fee is because you actually have to get in to the convention. The people that are hosting KoF is not going to "Pocket your money" or any shady crap like that.

And the tournament fees? Come on, you have to pay for those TVs, consoles, and just renting the place somehow. People really seem to overlook that part.

You have to realize that when tournaments are held at Conventions, most of the time you have to pay to actually get in. Though Devastation you didnt have to, but other ones you do most of the time.

I swear man, SC Community finds anything to complain about. :\

cmon hubbs, you guys do charge a house fee, because you provide them

This tournament has a pot fee and a house fee, but to get in to the Convention you need to pay an admission fee, thats the only difference.

I fucking paid 70 to play at Evo, heard no complaints

so eric and me should charge an extra fee because we're providing consoles and tvs?

Dude, the fee to get in the convention is not their fault or their money. That is a totally different fee for the CONVENTION and has nothing to do with Aaron and the other people who are running KoF. Only fee that KING OF THE FIGHTERS is charging is a low tournament fee for the tournaments.

It just seems that people want to find anything unlogical to hate on this tournament just to hate.

October 23, 24, & 25
This is a full blown three day tournament!

I just saw this so I guess it confirms that this is a 3 day tournament. I'll try my best to make it but getting a ride to a tournament an hour away for three days straight is pretty crazy.

If there's one thing us SC4 players excel at, it's overwhelming, needless complaining.

Lets all head over to SRK to join them in... complai...ning? Wait, they're not complaining like we are?
Really?

That's a god damn shocker.

Nobody is posting in the tournament thread for this on SRK. Every community has complaining, it's just that SC4's community is well written with their complaints.

Is that a 3 day tournament for SC, or will tournaments be run over the course of 3 days? Maybe that's something that needs to be looked at.

As for the fees, if you can't come up with 30 bucks, then that's your problem. I'm poor as hell and I wouldn't come in here complaining about 30 bucks. Get a job, god damn.

It's tournaments for 4 games ran over the course of 3 days. The winner from each of those tournaments along with the highest skilled entrants based on rankings will then compete on Sunday for the title of King of the Fighters and whatever prizes that entails. There's also prizes for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners for those 4 tournaments.

But instead of speculating, the details need to be made official real quick so that people can really decide if they want to attend this or not. Then y'all can start bitchin.

My only issue is the date. My October Monthly is on October 24; and that won't be changing... because of the Lyoto Machida UFC 104 fight; all of my events are scheduled around UFC. For some reason, this SC4 tournament doesn't have ANY dates of times listed. Which day is it on? What time does it start? I recommend you DON'T make the SC4 tournament 3 days long; it doesn't need to be. Just make it ONE day; set out a start time NOW; and don't put it on Saturday, so that it doesn't interfere with my October event.

I've got no issues with the entry fee. This is a CON tournament; many players who attend this event will be randoms who won't have issues forking down a few extra $$ after paying $40 to enter the con. Every con these days has high venue fees; people really shouldn't be complaining about that. Especially if the organizer pulls through with his guaranteed pot... If you can manage to get this on a single day; that day being Friday October 23... not only will I show up; but I will gladly run the brackets for you.

My only issue is the date. My October Monthly is on October 24; and that won't be changing... because of the Lyoto Machida UFC 104 fight; all of my events are scheduled around UFC. For some reason, this SC4 tournament doesn't have ANY dates of times listed. Which day is it on? What time does it start? I recommend you DON'T make the SC4 tournament 3 days long; it doesn't need to be. Just make it ONE day; set out a start time NOW; and don't put it on Saturday, so that it doesn't interfere with my October event.

I've got no issues with the entry fee. This is a CON tournament; many players who attend this event will be randoms who won't have issues forking down a few extra $$ after paying $40 to enter the con. Every con these days has high venue fees; people really shouldn't be complaining about that. Especially if the organizer pulls through with his guaranteed pot... If you can manage to get this on a single day; that day being Friday October 23... not only will I show up; but I will gladly run the brackets for you.

Just by seeing the format of the tournament, I'm pretty sure SC4 (Along with every other tournament) is not gonna be a 1 day only event. Think about it being like WCG Fighter Club where pools are one day and the double elim bracket the next day. And is there no way the tournament can be rescheduled? I do understand that you host them on UFC fight nights.

Other then that, there is still no new info up about the prizes, schedule, rules, etc. So I guess we all have to be a little more patient... T

he tournament's gonna be sick and something to not be missed, but just need more info.

I might go to this. I just need to know the exact days that SC4 will be run on, the guaranteed prize payout, and if Vader is allowed.

This tournament is sketchy, I would read this thread espically hubbsdoctor's last post. If you go to this tournament don't expect guaranteed money until someone can prove otherwise.

http://www.doacentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26437&start=25

If your local I would show up anyways, just for the slight chance they might have it. If your traveling specifically for the money I would do a bit more research on this tourney.

I might go to this. I just need to know the exact days that SC4 will be run on, the guaranteed prize payout, and if Vader is allowed.

The whole tournament is 3 days long

This tournament sounds awesome and I would love to show up...we just need more info. Where are you fRicanCrazy? If you want people to show up you're gonna need to post up the rules, schedual, prize payout, etc. It sounds like an awesome idea but you arent giving us much to go off of...

It's almost October and there is still no official information. I'm not going to even bother with it. Might as well come to Jersey. You'll have more fun anyways.

Back