Le Bello's Challenging Create-A-Soul Challenge Contest!

This contest's like Neclord's BroQuest challenge a couple months back. I'll submit my witch doctor as my main entry for the mage class.

Witch Doctor (mage class):
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3v2.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_14v2.jpg

Character Notes:
Based on Diablo 3 char.
Stats: strength - 3, dexterity - 2, vitality - 1, intelligence - 10
Skills: summon zombie dogs (self explanatory), spirit walk (crosses into spirit realm to escape enemy mobs), soul harvest (drains enemy mana)
Likes: herbs (for rituals and smoking, admittedly more for the latter), flamboyant headdresses (I mean just look at him), long walks on the beach (for meeting lady witch doctors)
Dislikes: shady herb dealers (who try to rip him off), inferno difficulty (don't even bother)
Finishing move: Voodoo Requiem (cowers off-screen while the monks and demon hunters slay Azmodan)

Bonus Chars (warrior + rogue classes):
Monk, warrior class, does the tanking
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png

Demon Hunter, rogue class, glass cannon
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_14v2.jpg

@NeclordX: a rant on racism and sexism
You're right about the sexism thing in fantasy literature. Racial stereotyping is wrong, but it is also inevitable. If you'll excuse me for being horribly racist and sexist for just a moment, the PERCEIVED spectrum of races in decreasing "masculinity" (and therefore increasing "femininity") is black > hispanic > white > asian. In interracial marriages, males tend marry down this spectrum, explaining the low rates of interracial marriage of asian males and black females. In a fantasy setting, elves, given their slender physique and magical affinity, are perceived as "feminine" compared to humans, who are perceived as stockier and more brutal. Still, one of my closest friends is an Asian male engaged to a Caucasian female, and games like Dragon Age give you ample opportunity to invert the human/elf stereotype.

I really like the witch doctor, but I hate the patterns/stickers. The one on the front flap of the lioncloth is perfect and the feathers are good, the rest aren't.

Your demon hunter is great.

Khato The Maimer
Khato's life began with his birth en route to a neighboring kingdom. Khato's mother was one of the Prince's favorite concubines, but she suffered from an ill fate. Ten nights before Khato's birth, the neighboring kingdom sent a royal degree for any and all pregnant women to be sent to the King so that he may foster an heir.
While passing through a dense jungle, the envoy was attack by one of the ancient gods of the forrest.

Ksheena, who took the form of a giant cheetah, left no one alive.. until she heard the sound of a crying baby. She peered into the carrier to see a young babe with it's mother who had died in childbirth. Upon viewing this small infant Ksheena's heart fluttered. For being a divine beast she couln't not naturally create life, so Ksheena took the small infant and set off into the jungle.

As the years passed Khato learned to hunt, his mind consumed by the Ksheena's influence. She taught him of the evil of humanity, and warned him of the vanity that would overcome him should he fight like a knight. With this tutelage, Khato made a name for himself as a guardian of Ksheena's domain.

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_68.png

Name: Khato The Maimer (soXiba)

Class: Guardian of Ksheena's Domain
Hunter of Knights

Weapon: Ksheena's Tail (Spear originally known as Tonbogiri)

Skills: Boulder Split (44 b+k), Ksheena's Wagging Tail(BT B+K), Lightning Thrust (4B+k), Ksheena's Blood Lust(33A,A BE), The Maimer(Combo 4)

Fighting Stlye: Khato does not follow the traditional style of fighting. Khato is known as the Maimer because he simply maims his prey, then waits until nightfall to hunt and finish. Khato works with Ksheena in slaying any and all that desecrate her holy land.

I chose to go with a Knight-ish look suggesting that Khato salvages his equipment from his "hunts" .. like trophies. His helmet was inspired by the Slayer Helm of sc3 CaS. His belted area.. well.. basically i couldnt change the color of the leather on the waist eqp.. so i made him wear lots of belts.. (Tetsuya Nomura?) Thats.. about it.. Enjoy

Khato The Maimer
Khato's life began with his birth en route to a neighboring kingdom. Khato's mother was one of the Prince's favorite concubines, but she suffered from an ill fate. Ten nights before Khato's birth, the neighboring kingdom sent a royal degree for any and all pregnant women to be sent to the King so that he may foster an heir.
While passing through a dense jungle, the envoy was attack by one of the ancient gods of the forrest.

Ksheena, who took the form of a giant cheetah, left no one alive.. until she heard the sound of a crying baby. She peered into the carrier to see a young babe with it's mother who had died in childbirth. Upon viewing this small infant Ksheena's heart fluttered. For being a divine beast she couln't not naturally create life, so Ksheena took the small infant and set off into the jungle.

As the years passed Khato learned to hunt, his mind consumed by the Ksheena's influence. She taught him of the evil of humanity, and warned him of the vanity that would overcome him should he fight like a knight. With this tutelage, Khato made a name for himself as a guardian of Ksheena's domain.

View attachment 19549

Name: Khato The Maimer (soXiba)

Class: Guardian of Ksheena's Domain
Hunter of Knights

Weapon: Ksheena's Tail (Spear originally known as Tonbogiri)

Skills: Boulder Split (44 b+k), Ksheena's Wagging Tail(BT B+K), Lightning Thrust (4B+k), Ksheena's Blood Lust(33A,A BE), The Maimer(Combo 4)

Fighting Stlye: Khato does not follow the traditional style of fighting. Khato is known as the Maimer because he simply maims his prey, then waits until nightfall to hunt and finish. Khato works with Ksheena in slaying any and all that desecrate her holy land.

I chose to go with a Knight-ish look suggesting that Khato salvages his equipment from his "hunts" .. like trophies. His helmet was inspired by the Slayer Helm of sc3 CaS. His belted area.. well.. basically i couldnt change the color of the leather on the waist eqp.. so i made him wear lots of belts.. (Tetsuya Nomura?) Thats.. about it.. Enjoy

It seems Scathen takes this contest a little too seriously.
She's fought multiple people from this contest now, and won against most of them.
I loved this guy and I am happy to see you entered him in the contest!
Let his and Scathen's battle reign on!

It seems Scathen takes this contest a little too seriously.
She's fought multiple people from this contest now, and won against most of them.
I loved this guy and I am happy to see you entered him in the contest!
Let his and Scathen's battle reign on!
Too bad she can't fight my Val.. undead demon knight since he's from an alternate universe.

That's alright. The unknown antagonist rules the world with murderous rage. No one can dare challenge his wroth! BAHAHAhahahasnort.

My vote goes to Matty82 and his wonderfully constructed Magdellena.
The color scheme is lovely and the sticker placement, particularly the one on her neck, is fantastic.
And that staff is just amazing.

I vote for Samaras_Madness and the Battle Nun... I think it's been obvious this is my choice.

I decided not to change my Scathen because she looks a certain as she's meant to.
It feels dirty and wrong to do that for other preferences, so I decided she needs to stay the way she looks. <3

Gatsu- I
Matty82- I
Samaras- I

Remember, voting ends on the 30th due to Le_Bello's birthday falling upon the 30th!

There are some really well-made CaS, but as per the initial contest, there should be accompanying info* with all of the entries. I for one know how difficult it is to construct a character... but i also know how much harder it is to make a story to go along with it.

*Required to give a name and small description. Mainly Name, Class, and Abilities to better give idea to class but if you want to go crazy then by all means.

With this in mind... I'd have to say it's a close toss-up between Pocky-yoshi and Idoll..

PY had some seriously good background info and such.. But his design was ... rushed. It felt reaaally rushed and almost nonchalantly patterned. The colors were solid, but the angles of the patterns.. Aside from that, the character looked good.

Idoll's info was good (definitely not as much as PoYo [new{maybe old} nick-name]), and aside from that, the Venomancer was a cool idea. The colors, AND the patterns reflected the class. Aside from that, the thing that detracts me the most was the dichromatism. I wish there were another color to compliment the other two. And i suggest using ALL sticker slots.... even if its to add like.. a star to a sleeve (a star would not look good on her sleeves..)

in the end, my vote goes to Idoll. She completely competed in the contest. Had there been more background info, my vote might have been different.

It came down to Matty versus Vilarcane for me, with Brucege's Witchdoctor being a fantastic late entry.

But I'm gonna have to give it to Matty. Mag's staff is superb, and she's a cute witch that doesn't look generic and dull! I've tried remaking her, and failed miserably.

Many grats to all entrants though.

This was indeed a tough choice but I decided to go for Brucege's Witchdoctor because it was s unexpected
but honestly guys you all did a fabaroo job

Mistakoo Elf had my vote, but he removed the entry. For me it was a draw between him and with Matty's wizard. Mattys had a bit more points for technical skills, but due to my personal preferences I'd have choosen Elf as winner.

Since he removed the elf, my vote goes to Matty's Wizard Magdallena

Battle nun is awesome and fun, but kinds of fail to transmit the "rpg system" feeling. Gatsu's Zarovian and Mistakoo's even if look really cool also fails someway in this point. I can't see them as a "warrior" or a "wizard" I see them as dungeon bosses. As someone you fight agaisnt, not as someone you fight with.

May be my reasoning is a bit weird but when I think on "warrior" "wizard" "rogue" I think in party members, not in enemies...so that's it.

(Just to be sure, my mage guy on page 24 is in as my entry not my rogue on page 23. I'll be voting in a little bit :D )

Mistakoo Elf had my vote, but he removed the entry. For me it was a draw between him and with Matty's wizard. Mattys had a bit more points for technical skills, but due to my personal preferences I'd have choosen Elf as winner.

Since he removed the elf, my vote goes to Matty's Wizard Magdallena

Battle nun is awesome and fun, but kinds of fail to transmit the "rpg system" feeling. Gatsu's Zarovian and Mistakoo's even if look really cool also fails someway in this point. I can't see them as a "warrior" or a "wizard" I see them as dungeon bosses. As someone you fight agaisnt, not as someone you fight with.

May be my reasoning is a bit weird but when I think on "warrior" "wizard" "rogue" I think in party members, not in enemies...so that's it.
I too preferred the elf and see her as a better fit (a natural fit) for this competition, but when the first thing its called is 'plain' you can't help but get discouraged :<
I kinda regretted the switch but whatever.

And yes I too think he doesn't look like a playable character, but a dungeon boss is a bit insulting to his majesty. He shall be the final boss or at the very least a major one >:(

I too preferred the elf and see her as a better fit (a natural fit) for this competition, but when the first thing its called is 'plain' you can't help but get discouraged :<
I kinda regretted the switch but whatever.

And yes I too think he doesn't look like a playable character, but a dungeon boss is a bit insulting to his majesty. He shall be the final boss or at the very least a major one >:(

Being "plain" is not a always a bad thing, I mean, just look at Mitsurugi, he is not but a plain samurai with samurai outfit and samurai aptitude, is not more than "a cliché" and still he would be recognized and loved by anyone. As long as you achieve giving your plain character a certain charisma it can compete with the most spectacular characters. And you achieved that with the elf.

Also, unless your undead king can become a gigantic shapeless multidimensional being or a bishonen, I'm afraid "mid-boss" is the most I can give him LOL

Back