Le Bello's Challenging Create-A-Soul Challenge Contest!

My quickly made version of Talim pretty much went home to her family and settled down. Though she had lost her powers of being a wind priestess, but she wasn't unhappy for she lived in peace. So I give you farmer Talim. Takes care of the crops and looks after those dear to her.

Talim is a sweet and kind person that will take care of you. Looks like she pulled out some carrots. I guess she's going to make some filipino meals. My guess is either Menudo, Pancit, or Lumpia. Google these foods. Just so you know Pocky Yoshi already tried these since his mom is a filipina haha.

All in all, a sweet way to end her story for now....

tal6.jpg
tal5.jpg
tal4.jpg
tal3.jpg
tal2.jpg
tal1.jpg

A close-up
tal7.jpg

My quickly made version of Talim pretty much went home to her family and settled down. Though she had lost her powers of being a wind priestess, but she wasn't unhappy for she lived in peace. So I give you farmer Talim. Takes care of the crops and looks after those dear to her.

Talim is a sweet and kind person that will take care of you. Looks like she pulled out some carrots. I guess she's going to make some filipino meals. My guess is either Menudo, Pancit, or Lumpia. Google these foods. Just so you know Pocky Yoshi already tried these since his mom is a filipina haha.

Nice angle Pocky-Yoshi! I doubt anyone else would have thought of a settled down, normalized, simple Talim... This contest just gets more and more diverse...

And PS- I was never a fan of my mother's Pancit, though she more often just made Carne Norte or Pandesal. My grandmother also made Polvoron quite a lot. (Off topic trophy unlocked: Knows of Filipino Dishes Because as They Also Has Filipina Mother) :D

yet another unique version of Talim...I really like the fact you managed to use so many hard to use pieces (carrot, hat, apron) and managed to get the colors to work so well as well. Well done yet another great version of older Talim.

Here is my version of Talim. My scenario focuses on her pretty much retiring after SC 4. One day traveling to the village mart for food she comes across a few malfested terrorizing the area. after dispatching them she realizes that she must once again go up against the evil sword.SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png With Talim I wanted to establish an older refined look so I opted her for shorter hair. Also, since she's more mature I went with colors I thought would portray that, mostly, earth tones. Finally to show she still worships the wind I put clouds on her cloak as that was the closest thing I could find. It's not much but I hope you like it.SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.pngSOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png

Pocky-Yoshi and yosharioIII said:
Filipino circlejerk ahoy! Full speed ahead!
lechon2.jpg
ykLO4edqEqxbctsglEp42JkHo1_500.jpg
balut.jpg

I don't think it's Thai or Philippine. Shit, I don't know what culture that thing is based on. It's probably some random headgear.
You're probably right. The only reason I said Thai is because it reminded me of hats like this:
ptg01541192.jpg

However, I can say with 95% certainty that that hat is not of a style characteristic of the Philippines.

Also, my entry has been updated. The design was updated since I first entered, so there's a new picture to show that. There's also a video to show what the character would like in battle, kind of. =/

Haha, that's awesome. And a unique way to use the carrots. I have a bunny Natsu, but I never thought of a farmer.

I've updated my Talim on page 2. I wasn't overly happy with the other one. It was rushed and the stickers, while pretty, didn't give the vibe I wanted. They were almost too pretty. I've generally made her more travelery (which is now a word) and made her face, hair and colour scheme more in line with her past incarnations, as mokamoka suggested.

Talimwin3.jpg
I've also edited my earlier post and managed to climb expertly out of any holes I dug for myself. Pro.​
@Pocky: Very well played...f***ing carrots. :D​

MY GOSH people! I'm so close to finishing my submission, but I had to stop for a while... I'll try to get it up by the end of the day. I just wanted to let those who watch the topic know that there will be at least one more submission coming up. Sorry for the false alarm.

MY GOSH people! I'm so close to finishing my submission, but I had to stop for a while... I'll try to get it up by the end of the day. I just wanted to let those who watch the topic know that there will be at least one more submission coming up. Sorry for the false alarm.

Tick, tock, goes the clock =|;}D

Reminder to all: THE DEADLINE COMETH! As of 30th April, NO NEW SUBMISSIONS will be allowed, and voting will begin. Let's recap:

Everyone gets ONE vote. If they change or edit their vote, they must delete their original voting post and MAKE A NEW ONE.

Entrants CAN vote, but may NOT vote for their own designs. This goes without saying.

Voting period ends on the 7th of May. Votes made after this will NOT be counted.

The winner/s will be announced shortly after, and the next challenge shall begin. And ooh is it a GENIUS idea, if e Bello does say so.

And I do. I really do.

HAPPY HUNGER GAMES.

Finally!! Here it is!
TalimX (1).png
TalimX (4).png
TalimX (5).png
TalimX (3).png
TalimX (2).png
After the evil sword was destroyed and it's corrupting force purged from the land, Talim decided to return home. Although she was aware that it's influence was gone from the land, Talim still could sense the faintest trickle of the sword's vigorous aura elseware; very far away. This was not something Talim was immediately worried about, she was however, completely sure that the sword would return. Talim resumed normal life in her village, as the wind priestess. Her time to relax and be with family was cherished. Yet she never stopped training, and remained vigilant for the dark power to rear it's head. And when it did, 17 years later,Talim was prepared. It saddened her and her people for her to go, but Talim was determined to do what ever she could to purge Soul Edge for the land once again...

Story Notes
Talim was one of my favorite characters, and I exploded when she wasn't in V. Her truly kind and innocent personality, with being strong and in-control, was nice compared to the rest of the cast. (Plus she get's bonus points for being Filipino, of which I am 50%! :D). The story's not very creative, but it sounds just like something Namco would come up with -_-... I know how people thought about some great creative and different things for Talim, her becoming a wanderer, spirit, monster... But I just couldn't do to my Talim, I like her the way she is. Now 32, her personality can't exactly be the way it was. I imagine she would still be unflinchingly kind, but more mature. She would probably be motherly, and very wise, but still very able in combat. I don't really have a story explaination for her missing moveset... let's pretend it's still there... (honestly I haven't even decided on it... either Z.W.E.I., Viola, Natsu, Maxi...). Anyway, who cares about this stuff, the contest is for the creation!
Creation Notes
She is a Filipino Babaylan (I think), a priestess, so I based her design from pictures I Googled, retaining her most common color scheme. I tried to avoid short pants, the twin braids, and other things I believe she would've abandoned as she matured. I believed that a revealed midriff is crucial to the design, from what I've seen of Babaylon and indigenous Filipino outfits. I also didn't want to overuse Absolution Gear, even though the jewelry and transparent cloth is very compatable with Talim. I didn't want to make her too tan, but she is tanner than she was in IV. I tried to make the Dancer's Top and the Tube Top look like one shirt by putting Talim's insignia on both. Uhhh... yeah... I hope you all like it!

Aghhhhh
This is so difficult. D:
For me, it's boiled down to Fliptop, Yosharioll, and Leona.
I can't decide. :C

I'm gonna have to vote onnnnnnnnn.......
Fliptop.

Took me about 20 minutes to decide. INNER TURMOIL D:

Fliptop wins first vote. Will he win the contest though?

Voting ENDS on the 7th. Specifically at the end of the 7th. Have fun.

Agh, this isn't an easy one! I've got four designs all fighting for my vote, with many others still a close second:

ThePascuzzi - offered a surprisingly elegant take on the idea, which is very appealing to me. I love the sectioned, corset-like detail on the dress, and the reference to Filipino myth through the mask was a great idea.

Fliptop - is pretty fabulous, especially so with the in-battle screenshots he posted recently. The bow stands out to me as a little strange, but I like how it works the top part of the shorts into the wrap.

Pocky-Yoshi - normally, I prefer to stick with pure aesthetics when voting in a creative-based contest, but I can't help but love the simple, sweet approach to her design. The details on her apron are pretty impressive, as well.

Yoshiroll - I really enjoyed the use of patterns on this one; the shorts especially. Using stickers to create a belt to help make the transition between skin, short, and wrap, like before with Fliptop, was a clever idea. I'd actually considered using that piece for her talisman when I was first making my design, but I couldn't quite get it to lay right, so props for that one!

Decisions, decisions...

I shall cast my vote for ... Pocky-Yoshi, thanks to a little dose of sweetness and humor. After much deliberation, I tell you. XD

Fliptop gets my vote since he can pull a rabbit out of a hat and improvise like a pro......

Leona and Yoshiaroll were close seconds though. Anyways, thanks to farmer Talim, I actually learned a few new tricks.

Ramble elaboration about farmer Talim...
Everyone however was into making her so beautifully like a true battle wind goddess or what not. I can't make drop dead gorgeous stuff when everyone who made theirs are better looking lol. So I went back into my Messing in fashion thread and found Farmer Natsu....an old experiment of mine.

farm3-jpg.14828

Natsu could work as a farmer, but Talim fits the roll much better which was a concidence to help me enter this contest. And my style on how I make CAS is simple yet believable elegance of fantasy. Considering Talim is already meek, caring, easygoing, noble, and peace-loving, a farmer's life is great for her. She only cares about protecting those she loves and looking after them dearly.

Sure the elegant CAS of Talim everyone else made is way better looking than mine, but I just decided to think of a "realistic disney fantasy happily ever after" approach. Instead of question what piece is what to make her look like a battle experienced Talim, I went with carrots which made me think "ingredients for food she must make for her loved ones" which made me think "free filipino food if I happened to be one of them" haha. And for that, I keep her CAS formula until I see a DLC for Talim. Otherwise, farewell sweet Talim.

tl;dr Simple humble custom maker recreated humble character.....

No matter how the contest turns out, I'm glad I at least got a good CaS out of it. A lot of these designs are packing some serious heat, but with and without bias, I know which one I'd want to play every time.

My favorites were entries from Sprtan_363, Samaras_Madness, and Fliptop. That's not to say there aren't any others I like. A lot of good ideas were thrown around in this contest. However, my vote goes to Fliptop. The core concept isn't too out there; I think it's one of the closer-to-what-would-be-authentic designs in this contest. If PS decided they wanted to make Talim DLC and their character designers came into this thread looking for inspiration, they might find a source in the costume on Fliptop's design. While I kind of disagree with some of the part choices, the color scheme really pulls them all together.

Anyway, I think I have a pretty good idea of who won already, but this is only the start of voting week. Until it officially ends, my prospects can be as delusional as I want them to be.

Back