Le Bello's Challenging Create-A-Soul Challenge Contest!

Did you enjoy the guest theme?
Yes.
Would you enter another guest theme?
Yes, as I would probably do with any other challenge.
Do you want to see more guest themes?
Yes and no.
On one hand guest themes should just be challenges on their own. On the other hand too many different challenges at once are confusing and bad.
Would you like to run a guest theme?
Yes and no.
I wanted to make a challenge for a long time, but the idea I currently have is too evil and complicated for this challenge. It has to be stand alone.

I'd like a conversation for timing challenges, I you don't want my a new challenge to be ignored/overshadowed.

Be nice too see some soul calibur inspired cartoon characters. How would the ninja turtles, thundercats, visionaries ect... Look in the soul calibur world? I loved the alt nations contest with Arabic Cervantes and Chinese ivy some phenomenal entry's there

Yes, no ofense but my favorite challenge until now (I love RPG related things)
I enter everything, im unemployed and bored
Yes
What suggestions do you have regarding guest themes? (Do NOT suggest themes here.)
You know my answer
You know my answer

Well I haven't entered this competition, mainly because I didn't have my PS3 for AGES and only got back on SCV about a week ago, but as a lover of all things CaS-related, I'll chip in with my tuppence.

Yeah, though my only concern is
I daresay they don't count so much
I could see people being reluctant to enter or getting a bit lazy if the winners' names aren't displayed on the main page. Then again, I wouldn't enter for the competitive element, so hopefully most people are like me and enter for fun.
Sure, why not? As long as the theme is interesting, I'm all for it.
Hell yeah, especially since I probably wouldn't have the guts to start a new thread with my own challenge... However, I would have to decide on what my theme would be first :P

Basically, I think this competition works fine without guest themes, but if you ever find yourself uncertain about the next theme then bringing in a guest is a perfect response.

but the idea I currently have is too evil and complicated for this challenge. It has to be stand alone.
Don't worry, reading this only makes me more keen to enter!

Yes. Although I wasn't able to participate myself, RPG and JRPG games are my roots, and a big part of what likened me to the things I look for most and inspire me. It's nice seeing people find new ways to challenge themselves, which is what these kinds of competitions allow for.

Probably; all in all, it depends on what inspires me, so it's hard to say 'yes' or 'no' definitively.

I would, although to be honest I think I would like to see contest ideas bloom into their own unique threads than necessarily rely on the activity we have here even more. That said, I do think this sort of addition would provide an excellent sounding board for ideas and feedback for people who aren't completely confident in their abilities otherwise. Ultimately, I don't mind either way; the competition as we have it now is fantastic, and I think it would remain fantastic with or without guest themes.

What suggestions do you have regarding guest themes? (Do NOT suggest themes here.)
I think my biggest recommendation would be to break them up in-between official rounds, so that they don't begin to overshadow the original intent of this thread. They also feel more special that way, and help to take the pressure off you every now and then.

It's something I would consider, certainly.

Yes, it was a good theme. It allowed for a great deal of creativity while stipulating a very easily recognizable and universally defined limitation.
Yes and no. Yes, because I would enter another contest with such themes. No, because I'd like to see them as independent contests, not as guest themes.
No, because I'd like to see them as their own contests with their own threads.
Don't do them. Give them their own threads, instead.
I guess. If someone wanted to run a contest, but couldn't decide on a theme, then I'd be all for suggesting one. Otherwise, I don't see why I couldn't run my own contest, given there aren't too many other contests currently ongoing. In fact, contest coordination could be one of the duties of a CaS forum mod.

Why yes, this one.
Sure, it depends on what it actually is though.
Yeah, that'd be cool. It is understandable that it be desired to get its own thread though
That, I'm not quite sure about...
Ooh, I don't know, depends if I could come up with an idea people would like; or if I could handle it...

It's interesting, but the contests so far seem to fit two catagories...
-Recreation (partially 1, and precisely 2) or--
-Inspiration (3, Guest:4)

Neat! :D

It's the blooming of so many contests at once that's caused a lot of people to say "Hey, I had an idea, but..." or things like.

For one, I'd much rather see more contests, but specifically those with an interesting gimmick, such as the Iron CaS Challenge, or Idoll's Fabulous Riddle contest.

But overall I don't think I could've asked for better feedback from you all, you've been amazing at helping here, and it's shed a lot of light onto the community's mindset.

So here's how it's going to go down, based on this feedback:

- Guest Theme's will be entered into the front page FOR NOW.

The reason I was hesitant on adding them, is because there is a character limit, and I plan on making this contest last as long as I possibly can, so eventually there's gonna have to be some leeway. It's not a problem for now, but I'm a sucker for planning. I'd be a perfectionist if I believed in perfection. So yes, I don't want to NOT include them, as it's unfair to the people, but at some point there will need to be cuts, which is why I was thinking:

- I'll be making a thread designed around the idea of guest themes and such.

I'll be running the thread, but you'll be running the theme and all it's rules. Winners of each will be kept in that thread's first page. People would submit ideas to me, and it would be run on a first-come, first-serve basis. Essentially, I'd be it's editor, and you'd be able to test your ideas.

- I'll periodically be running more guest themes. Though this will be at my discretion.

It does take the pressure off me, which at the minute is nice because of some life stuff. Monitoring a thread and making sure everyone is happy, fully aware of the rules, and obeying them, as well as counting the votes, making the edits and picking a favourite (right guys?) takes a surprising amount of time.

Does everyone find this agreeable? After all the only reason I'm, running this thread is to give the community something to participate in, talk about and inspire them. I feel a lot of people take a lot of things away from contests, and so having them is a positive thing that can encourage more creativity.

---​
I think a CaS Forum mod is needed. It's one of the biggest subsections we have, and is so vastly separated from the Art forums it's unreal. Though that's a discussion for this PM, probably. (Pocky-Yoshi For Mod. PYFM.)
---​

That's not what I meant! D:

Of course Le Bello, just pulling your mustache my good man. ^^And I must once again thank you for being so generous as to allow me and more people into this endeavor. This is a good start for anyone and I daresay your CaS Contests are the most popular which is really good for letting people test themselves out in several ways. I look forward to further collaborations from the both of us as well the possible guests themes to come!

Yeah, it was kinda fun.
Depends on the theme.
Sure why not?
What suggestions do you have regarding guest themes?
Always make it flexible but keep it leveled.
Maybe, but I need to think of a theme first.

Hey, wasn't I meant to be the next guest? :O

Yup, and that's still gonna happen, but for now, a Le Bello theme.

And thanks Scyle, it was fun to watch all the entries flood in, and it was a popular theme, so I'm glad we went ahead with it =D

New theme added to the front page. Gonna be hit and miss I imagine, but I'm excited to see what people do with it.

Also added the Guest Theme and winners to P1, in a less-heavy format that I might stick with, for a while at least. Phantom Spoilers be damned though. (The middle two are nothing.)

Ha HAH!
Justice Man gets the drop on his opponents with a QUICKNESS!
AWAAAAYYY!!!

yciuy.png

Based on martial arts super sentai heroes, such as Ultraman and Power Rangers, Justice Man defeats evil and defends the side of good with his techno boots, power fists, hi-powered laser ray gun, justicium alloy blades...and, most importantly, with a courageous heart!

UITw0.png

C70vM.png

oisTm.png
Seeing as I've had this design for a long time, now, I might submit a newer entry later.

Le Bello, I wont be doing the idea I had for my superhero.
I tried and it just doesn't work.
I mean it worked but it looked utmost basic.
I'll come up with something, and oh you have my word, I will win this one. ;)
I write superhero novels, you bet that ass I'll win! xD

Back