Le Bello's Challenging Create-A-Soul Challenge Contest!

recycle away mon ami.
Ok, I'll recycle my duck... Along with the huge string of duck-related puns I had...

Lola
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_21 1.jpg

Don't worry, I've read the rules of this contest and I'm pretty sure this character fits the bill.

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15.jpg

This CaS follows competition rules, ok? So nobody can call fowl play!

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_16.jpg

Yep, she's wearing a very low-cut top, so no Peking!

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_17.jpg

If those puns didn't make you quack up, I don't know what will...

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_19.jpg

When it comes to voting time, tell me, waddle you do?

Shit the competition is stiff. Even though only a few people entered, I'd say this is the best one yet. Btw i'm back, hi.

Agreed, though hopefully there'll be more entrants next time. Are people bored of CaS/Contests or was the theme not to taste?

Remember, this is the last day for submissions.

Agreed, though hopefully there'll be more entrants next time. Are people bored of CaS/Contests or was the theme not to taste?

Agh, I don't think I'm gonna make this one! I'll see what I can do tonight, but I don't think I'll have enough time to finish anything up. I've been having difficulties cementing a concept, since I really wanted to make a human character in contrast to the non-human entries that were submitted like Pac-Bot and Bagu-san. Not that I don't like 'em, of course, but I wanted to make something more akin to Dampierre than that training robot from Tekken. :P

Not sure how many of our CaS artists are school-age, though the end of summer might've had something to do with the slower entry rate for this one. Kind of a pity, too - I've seen some really fabulous joke characters and 3ps around here, so I'd have loved to see people take a dive into the silly this round. Ah, well, there's still some great entries to choose from, so I suppose I shouldn't complain. :)

I'm bored of CaS in general.
When the DLC ran short, I just ran out of fun.
So I got WWE '12 for more character creation... xD

The theme is "joke character" and there are only three that really get a rise out of me:
Gatsu's Pac-Bot
MistaKoo's Mr. Bag
HolyCarp's Lola

The three are all equally good as joke characters, but my vote is for Gatsu's Pac-Bot. The sheer creativity behind the design puts it ahead of the competition.
Are people bored of CaS/Contests or was the theme not to taste?
I think the theme was good. Both the entrants and people just observing the contest are enjoying it. I don't know why we're seeing such a low entrant turnout in general, but speaking personally, I'm in a dry spell when it comes to making originals and I really prefer to make new designs for each contest.

I think there are a lot of factors that affect number of entries in a contest. Theme is one, but there's also competition duration, number and quality of entries, etc. Serious heat was brought relatively early in this round, so maybe that got people thinking, "oh, I can't win against this, anyway, so why even make something," which is stupid, but it still happens.

I think the theme was good. Both the entrants and people just observing the contest are enjoying it. I don't know why we're seeing such a low entrant turnout in general, but speaking personally, I'm in a dry spell when it comes to making originals and I really prefer to make new designs for each contest.

I think there are a lot of factors that affect number of entries in a contest. Theme is one, but there's also competition duration, number and quality of entries, etc. Serious heat was brought relatively early in this round, so maybe that got people thinking, "oh, I can't win against this, anyway, so why even make something," which is stupid, but it still happens.

Yeah, it's always difficult to narrow down the major factors of interest, so that you can cut off the bad and promote the good. I think I agree that timing is the main issue here - Not just the end of Summer, but also the advent of TTT2, which has robbed us of many people.

Conversely though, there's been a fair amount of new threads popping up, so I'm hoping more of those people will enter. Perhaps if I made a more open-theme? Either way, there's a few days for me to dwell on things, so we'll see.

Thanks for the input y'all, keep it coming :D

Back