Learning Leixia Tutorial Series: by ZeroEffect

Well looks like schedule cleared up a bit for the time being, so I'm able to get these vids edited. Episode 3 should be up tomorrow. And the 4th sometime after that.

great episode zero, i suggest making a tutorial on her match ups that you know.
because in this game, you have to take into account your opponents options as much as your own.
i often get pissed off when i see players asking for help on match ups then all i see is people throwing notations,numbers and letters.
e.g what do i do vs mitsu? oh step 4b punish 66bb.
while this info helps a little i feel a lot of people are focus on moves and dont take into account the full picture.
i feel we should be more focused on strategies and game plans, in different match ups.

That's stuff people gotta figure out themselves though. There's still quite a bit left to learn about matchups, but I think knowing the ins and outs of your own character can sometimes make up for what you don't know in others. The most you can do is say punish this and bait that, you can't know how their opponent is gonna play.

Like, I might be perfect at fighting a smart patient Mitsu, but then get destroyed by a reckless Mitsu.

I enjoyed this tutorial, one thing I would appreciate you did more though, is to state the move name a little more often. I didn't have any difficulty following you though till part 2, which was a little less clear than part 1 but totally good.

I really liked your punishment section, that was very simple and informative and good. thanks and keep it up. I'll keep watching.

I just went online and applied part 1 and somewhat part 2 to my online game, won 6 of 10 matches, not bad for going from losing all the time to winning a lot.

Overall I think I just kept pulling out fancy moves too much. Fast and simple is where it is at for her it seems, well, most the time, unless you can confuse people with complicated moves.

I enjoyed this tutorial, one thing I would appreciate you did more though, is to state the move name a little more often. I didn't have any difficulty following you though till part 2, which was a little less clear than part 1 but totally good.

Ok I'll try to keep this in mind for when I record the next one. (Ep 5) Where exactly did you find it harder to follow? Like Episode # and part #. (I know you said part 2, but more specific so I can see for myself)

Okay. I will re-play part 2 because I do not have a full recall of it and will tell you the time of my confusion. I'll just edit my post later.

I will say that if your room is better lit your movie recordings will come out much better

I will say that if your room is better lit your movie recordings will come out much better

I always record in the daylight/afternoon hours. (Don't have a widescreen monitor so it looks dark around the edges with the widescreen settings). Also, I don't have a handheld camera so I use the camera in my laptop. The backlighting blur the colors more with the lights on for some reason.

Ah yeah, I do not exactly have a pro set up but my 46 inch Samsung tv does a good job. I also have a Panasonic ZS5 which is just a point and shoot but it is good enough for limited journalism without being ashamed of it's quality. :P I'm not a pro, just a enthusiast, going to get a Nikon 5200 sometime soon I think, that'll bump up my photography game a bit.

Leixia at first was gonna be a pocket main to strengthen my anti-Leixia game for Yoshi. But, I always showed interest in that annoying bubbly girl who ironically suits my playstyle and personality that I warmed up to haha. Playing her is very.....I don't know...graceful? Like I like to be patient with her just how I play my Yoshi ^^;

I finally got off my lazy behind and watched the first two episodes. Not watching three until the basics are down. But for the most part, I'm glad you're doing this. So I guess I'll be trying to get her down seeing as Hilde is like an irritable math problem, Natsu kinda conflicts my playstyle, Dampierre gets me in a love/hate feeling gameplay wise, and Yoshi can sometimes be a chore despite him being my favorite.

Thank you, ZeroEffect.

Leixia at first was gonna be a pocket main to strengthen my anti-Leixia game for Yoshi. But, I always showed interest in that annoying bubbly girl who ironically suits my playstyle and personality that I warmed up to haha. Playing her is very.....I don't know...graceful? Like I like to be patient with her just how I play my Yoshi ^^;

I finally got off my lazy behind and watched the first two episodes. Not watching three until the basics are down. But for the most part, I'm glad you're doing this. So I guess I'll be trying to get her down seeing as Hilde is like an irritable math problem, Natsu kinda conflicts my playstyle, Dampierre gets me in a love/hate feeling gameplay wise, and Yoshi can sometimes be a chore despite him being my favorite.

Thank you, ZeroEffect.

Glad to hear it, man. I would probably still suggest watching the 3rd episode since frame advantage is so important to Leixia's game at a basic level. After this though, it'll start showing more intermediate stuff like meter build, guard burst, and setups.

Glad to hear it, man. I would probably still suggest watching the 3rd episode since frame advantage is so important to Leixia's game at a basic level. After this though, it'll start showing more intermediate stuff like meter build, guard burst, and setups.

I'll watch it, but I don't wanna stuff myself too much at once. Trust me, maining 5 characters(in my sig) is already a lot to take in haha. But I'm gonna improve on each when I get the feeling. Leixia was slightly easy for me to play since I played SCIV Xianghua a bit. But I gotta practice getting that iFC3B, iWRA and a few others in practice.

Then there's doing them in battle against a human opponent online. So yeah, Leixia might become my second best character. When I play her, I don't feel forced to apply pressure like Natsu or getting those strict inputs down like Yoshi and Hilde. Or worst case scenario Damp's unpredictable playstyle can sometimes force me to say: I can't main Damp. Damp mains me. Trololol. However, I'm just a scrub Leixia for now since she fits my playstyle lol.

So you'll probably be seeing me around the Leixia arena a bit more.

Interesting thing about the WR K. Didn't know it was so effective as a frame trap. This character is awesome.

Nice episode just a few correction AA BE K was never stab punishable even pre path it was always -13.
WR B BE does not AGI mids anymore only highs its even in the patch notes.

Nice episode just a few correction AA BE K was never stab punishable even pre path it was always -13.
WR B BE does not AGI mids anymore only highs its even in the patch notes.

Did I say that it aGI mids? I'll have to go check again later. I know I said horizontal highs and stabs though.

Back