Learning Leixia Tutorial Series: by ZeroEffect

I love you. <3

I'm learning Leixia and she's pretty easy and my meter gain is crazy and I guard burst so much, these video's will definately be a great help for me.

Thank you so much for putting all your hard work and time into this. <3

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'll be working on ep 5 in the coming weeks.

This is freaking awesome, great for players like me picking Leixia up. I am going to have fun with this character.
By the way, Zoidberg747... didn't you play baraka in MK9? I remember your name from somewhere...

Bump. But once again, thank you Zeroeffect. I actually spent a ton of time playing Leixia. I'll have you know she is actually fun to play with. I will be hanging this soul arena a lot more now.

:sc5lei1:As of now, Team Yei has been born.:sc1yos1:

Bump. But once again, thank you Zeroeffect. I actually spent a ton of time playing Leixia. I'll have you know she is actually fun to play with. I will be hanging this soul arena a lot more now.

Man since I pretty much know how to use every char in the game..I can literally hang around any char soul arena haha there should be like an edgemaster SA or something....lol

That's good to hear. I have the thread stickied so that it never leaves the front page, so bumping isn't necessary, lol. But it's appreciated anyway. Stuff like this keeps me motivated to finish it.

for the bad news...
I have the remaining ideas for future episodes planned out, but right now I'm debating whether or not to continue the series. This decision is NOT set in stone, but I know first off, life is gonna get a bit busier for me in the next few months. And most importantly, if I'm honest, I don't know if I'm good enough a player at the moment to be doing these kinds of things. Maybe Hyrul or Kalas would be better off? Eh, who knows.

That's good to hear. I have the thread stickied so that it never leaves the front page, so bumping isn't necessary, lol. But it's appreciated anyway. Stuff like this keeps me motivated to finish it.

for the bad news...
I have the remaining ideas for future episodes planned out, but right now I'm debating whether or not to continue the series. This decision is NOT set in stone, but I know first off, life is gonna get a bit busier for me in the next few months. And most importantly, if I'm honest, I don't know if I'm good enough a player at the moment to be doing these kinds of things. Maybe Hyrul or Kalas would be better off? Eh, who knows.

You're doing fine. Imho, I see you as a vet I can trust. Anyways, I'll be watching more of your vids since my mind is kinda like a sponge now. Just wants to learn more slowly but voraciously lol.

You're doing fine. Imho, I see you as a vet I can trust. Anyways, I'll be watching more of your vids since my mind is kinda like a sponge now. Just wants to learn more slowly but voraciously lol.
Since Im playing a wee bit of sc5...still not happy with the game...guess I'll play your leixia haha

for the bad news...

Please continue the series. This series is what got me into playing Leixia, and really helped me level up. Even if you are not the best Leixia player in the world you are certainly the most helpful. Plus you dont constantly bash the character, which makes trying to learn refreshing.

Your choice but I for one am a big fan of them.

Even if you are not the best Leixia player in the world...
He could be. It's impossible to ascertain who really is the best without a proper, ongoing, world-based, round robin format tournament between all players.

People like to pick their favourites. I'd recommend not worrying about who's the best, and just learn as much as you can from these awesome videos.

ZE, you're the one doing the videos and putting the effort in, don't worry about who's 'qualified' to do them, they're the best format for teaching this stuff and they make the SA all the better for it.

Man, screw all this nonsense. My bad guys. I dunno why I've been letting my self-doubts and disgust at a few days of gettin the beat down in this game make me consider dropping something like this. In the end, I was only being selfish.

If I'm helping anyone, even one person, then I should just go on and continue it.

As for bashing the character... honestly I do get pissed when I see BS like Mitsurugi and Alpha damage running around while people claim the game is balanced. Or when people have the nerve to insist that these characters are "fine the way they are" while also saying that characters like Leixia need nothing. But if people want to play someone they flow with, and not ruin the game just trying to kill in 3 hits all the time, why discourage that?

As for bashing the character... honestly I do get pissed when I see BS like Mitsurugi and Alpha damage running around while people claim the game is balanced. Or when people have the nerve to insist that these characters are "fine the way they are" while also saying that characters like Leixia need nothing.

Abso-fuckin-lutely.

And keep it up Zero!

As for bashing the character... honestly I do get pissed when I see BS like Mitsurugi and Alpha damage running around while people claim the game is balanced. Or when people have the nerve to insist that these characters are "fine the way they are" while also saying that characters like Leixia need nothing. But if people want to play someone they flow with, and not ruin the game just trying to kill in 3 hits all the time, why discourage that?

Ive been feeling this the last few days. Especially against Sieg, I feel like I get 30 hits in and he gets 5 in and wins :/

But hopefully in the next balance patch they even things out a bit.

Ive been feeling this the last few days. Especially against Sieg, I feel like I get 30 hits in and he gets 5 in and wins :/

But hopefully in the next balance patch they even things out a bit.

The scary truth is, Namco may not be releasing another patch for SCV anytime soon (or ever, for that matter).

Three patches have been released so far, the latest of which was a COMPLETE SHAM. They spent the full price on developing, releasing, and distributing the patch (Microsoft and Sony don't make this cheap) in order to nerf Z.W.E.I and Leixia a bit. That patch probably used the funding that *SHOULD* have been saved up for one last big patch with input coming in from all the top players around the world. Instead, we're left with a rushed, half-finished game with all the bones to become the absolute best fighting game in history, and no corporate support to make it happen.

I personally hate Capcom for their nickel-and-dime'ing strategy with their flagship fighting series (MvC3 & SFIV), but the fact is that this method is largely responsible for yielding the necessary profits to earn green lights on future updates and sequels from the big wigs in suits.

This being said, I would *highly encourage* Namco to take a lesson from Capcom and do a re-release with Soul Calibur. All the pieces are there; give the development team some time and money to finish the game properly, then re-release with "Super Soul Calibur V" or "Soul Calibur 5: Brave Edge Edition".

Maybe I'm wrong... I hope I'm wrong, but right now with TTT2 coming up, Namco's executives aren't interested in the desires or passions of SCV's community if they aren't convinced of a profit, no matter how dedicated we are.

On topic:

Great job with the series so far Zero. I know it's hard convincing yourself to keep putting time into this with the current state of the game, but it's efforts like this that can help make or break a community of players. My video project is on hold right now due to real life issues, but I plan on resuming when I finally have time on my hands.

^your right there will not be another patch for SCV period.
the final patch was the last one.
you say they rushed the patch but they had to so it was ready for world impact finals and evo.
there is a reason SCV wont be getting a re release or update.
it just did not sale that well that the harsh truth.

namco are not a charity organization they will not pump money into something, that doesnt pay off on the long run.
as good as SCV is it didn't sale well in japan namco were actually planning on having sc5.5 but the poor sales scared them into stopping.

sc4 was a worse game but it sold 5 times more than SCV.
they wont be a patch anytime soon and if there was one leixia wont be buffed believe it or not.
P.S believe she is mid tier and fine. so she wont be getting buffed at all unfortunately.
infact im not sure namco will spend anymore money on SCV.
the only thing or patch you should expect are for bug fixes thats about it no character balancing

they have other huge games to focus on like TT2, T X sf.

Back