Learning Leixia Tutorial Series: by ZeroEffect

Hey, Zero.

You're planning to do separate videos for each matchup or you're gonna put at least two characters in only one video?

Hey, Zero.

You're planning to do separate videos for each matchup or you're gonna put at least two characters in only one video?

I was planning to do one character per video originally. I'll have to see how long they run first. Still have to work out the outline of the vids.

-General Strat (Get in! or Stay Away!)

-Punishment

-String Evasion

-Key Just Guards

-Spacing Strategies

-Final Thoughts

Yeah pretty much something similar to this. I'd probably arrange it a little differently, add a few "special" counters to moves/sequences if there are any. Then maybe how to deal with the opponents best(safe) options.

Also, even if the character you want to see isn't on the list, I will get to them eventually. I just wanted to take care of the ones I'm most familiar with before trying to research the rest.

Don't forget to cover key throw breaks to stop ring outs!

Mitsu A+G (front)

Natsu a+gA+B+K (back)

etc
This is definitely a must. Since I don't fight some characters a lot I have no clue/can't remember what their RO throws are.

Ok so it looks like Cervantes is winning out. I was hoping to get some input by Kalas, Hyrul, and MTFighter as well, but I'm pretty sure Cervy would still be in the lead. Anyway, The last episode(s) of LL are in the process of being made. Should have something within the week or so.
I vote Algol. Character is OP beyond OP. Can't stand him. {For anyone who says he's not, can you/your Algol opponent do the 2A+B, FC8B BE link consistently? Cos playing someone who can is a f****** nightmare.} Whatever you (ZE) can suggest has gotta be helpful.

About Cervy, lemme know if you want any suggestions, I've fought a few decent Cervys.

I vote Algol. Character is OP beyond OP. Can't stand him. {For anyone who says he's not, can you/your Algol opponent do the 2A+B, FC8B BE link consistently? Cos playing someone who can is a f****** nightmare.} Whatever you (ZE) can suggest has gotta be helpful.

About Cervy, lemme know if you want any suggestions, I've fought a few decent Cervys.

Well, unfortunately I haven't really gone that in depth with Algol research yet, but I know he feels like a real pain to deal with. I will definitely get to him after the first episode, since I need to look into that matchup myself, lol. (Probably make him 2nd or 3rd)

As for Cervy, just PM me anything you have. I know the matchup really well since my main practice partner uses him, but there could be some things you found out that I didn't yet.

Wow. I've wanted to learn other characters recently and watched the whole thing. It was like becoming awesome over night! Thanks a million Zero.

Wow. I've wanted to learn other characters recently and watched the whole thing. It was like becoming awesome over night! Thanks a million Zero.
Yep. Glad the tutorials could be of help.

At any rate, I've been having a lot of crap interfering with the new episode. It's waaaay later than my planned deadline. But eh, still in the works.

Yep. Glad the tutorials could be of help.

At any rate, I've been having a lot of crap interfering with the new episode. It's waaaay later than my planned deadline. But eh, still in the works.
No problem. Do you play online at all/or could hint at good players to look for in Leixia? (excluding Kalas and Kayane).

Hey weren't you the one who was so happy to announce to everyone that you recently got on Xbox ? That's why I suggested Hyrul.

Back