Learning Leixia Tutorial Series: by ZeroEffect

Awesome vids Zero, I was looking for more info on her auto gi's so thanks for the whole section devoted to it

not really, I'm just starting to now so I gotta catch up. heard she's a lil bad though so im prolly gonna play a secondary as well. also, not planning on doing tournies anytime soon so find me online sometime ^^

not really, I'm just starting to now so I gotta catch up. heard she's a lil bad though so im prolly gonna play a secondary as well. also, not planning on doing tournies anytime soon so find me online sometime ^^
Well... at least you still have Maxi who's actually pretty good this time around. Yeah I'll hit you up on PSN sometime.

If you need help with some anti-character videos (so ideas for punishment, strategies etc), just let me know.

As for the matchup idea, what matchups would you be most knowledgable in?

In a possibly related question would you say Lexia is one of the best at ring outs in the game? If not her then who? I used to main Talim, and I miss her godly ring out game.

In a possibly related question would you say Lexia is one of the best at ring outs in the game? If not her then who? I used to main Talim, and I miss her godly ring out game.

Probably not. What makes her so special? I mean 3b 9k is good, 4A+B is good. Most characters have a much better RO game I think, but Leixia's is still solid.

Then again I could be talking out of my ass, never know with this game lol.

Well, 3b AB is a solid ring out, also if you watched the video a while rising B + 6A+B is insane, also there is A+B, the B grab rings out forward, while rising B, A+B+K rings out behind, but this move is not nearly as fast as it needs to be. I guess I have scored tons of ring outs with 3b.

I have gotten lots of ring outs with 3B+K as well, it is a good move.

Also, is it me, or does 3b not seem as safe lately?

Well, 3b AB is a solid ring out, also if you watched the video a while rising B + 6A+B is insane, also there is A+B, the B grab rings out forward, while rising B, A+B+K rings out behind, but this move is not nearly as fast as it needs to be. I guess I have scored tons of ring outs with 3b.

I have gotten lots of ring outs with 3B+K as well, it is a good move.

Also, is it me, or does 3b not seem as safe lately?

3B is only safe if you space it out at like max range(depending on the character). Even if you do it up close it isnt terribly punishable, but punishable. Against a lot of characters a max range 3B will probably be unpunishable just because of the moves range.

That makes sense, kind of like how A+B is not really punishable at range, but it is up close? Oh I noticed when you do the rising A+B B combo move everyone seems to expect the low WAY before it hits, gives you a good chance to mix it up and do something else.

I'm having issues with people blocking my ground quake on my brave edge lately, or worse jump attacking and hitting me before I can quake. Best counter to that is to not quake on them sure, but what is a good mixup I can do to prevent that?

Yes. Talim's RO game was amazing. As for Leixia, she has a lot of options for RO but the problem is she doesn't have a RO from all side of the ring. Most of her ROs come from the frontside, which limits her potential somewhat.

The best thing she has going for her RO wise is 44[A]. If you read a high/throw for example you can RO from almost half screen depending on the stage. Also if you guard burst and get 44[A], that's also a threat. Her wall combos carry her opponent off axis so sometimes you'll get a RO simply by doing an extended wall combo.

44A itself can ring out? What moves do you use to follow it up to do that? Do tell, this sounds interesting.

This kind of reminds me, an episode covering all of her ring out moves could be a good one to do. It's a very important part of the game.

44A itself can ring out? What moves do you use to follow it up to do that? Do tell, this sounds interesting.

This kind of reminds me, an episode covering all of her ring out moves could be a good one to do. It's a very important part of the game.

Zero means 44[A]-based combos.

For example: 44[A], AA BE, 3B, 9K_3B+K is her staple RO combo.

You know those low walls on the Free Imperial City Center, The Adrian, House of Valentine's Prague Residence, Louyang: Grand Festival of Guandi Temple, and Conqueror's Coliseum: Underground Fight stages?

9K (as a launch followup) works wonders for getting people over these walls. B+G works too.

Edit: Beat you to the punch. ^_^

Well no... it's 44[A], AA(BE), 3B, 9K/3B+K for the RO combo. That one I covered already in episode 4. The rest of her RO options will be in the next episode.

EDIT: Yeah... what Seditious said.

If you do match-up videos, they should probably be done for her bad matchups.

So you basically ask Zero to do videos for all her matchups? ... Sorry, I could not resist....

But seriously, if we only talk about her bad matchups, then thank god there's only Patroklos, Natsu, Pyrrha, Pyrrha Omega, Alpha, Algol, Siegfried, Xiba, Ivy, Cervantes, Tira (at least Gloomy), Nightmare, Mitsu, Astaroth and maybe some others too... oh well... not to mention that you/she can easily lose to ZWEI, Viola or Voldo as well if you don't know how to react to gimmicks...

How do you want the matchup videos to be done Zero? Do you briefly want to show how Leixia can punish/auto GI/step/whiffpunish certain things or do you actually want to explain the whole matchup? If you do the latter one, it will be A LOT of work. And since some people still disagree with a lot of matchups, I don't know if the analysis would become to one-sided depending on how you see the matchup. So maybe a "neutral" guide for punishment and stuff would be better.

Hm, I thought punishment was covered in the beginning but I could be wrong? I mean, in a general sense not in a specific sense. A ring out section would be much cooler to me.

Oh I was proud of myself last night. I found a nightmare on even to slightly in my favor footing for the first time in a long time. I think it was because he was too afraid of my ring out game, and the fear of my RO game cost him, it was funny.

How do you want the matchup videos to be done Zero? Do you briefly want to show how Leixia can punish/auto GI/step/whiffpunish certain things or do you actually want to explain the whole matchup? If you do the latter one, it will be A LOT of work. And since some people still disagree with a lot of matchups, I don't know if the analysis would become to one-sided depending on how you see the matchup. So maybe a "neutral" guide for punishment and stuff would be better.

I figured since most of my matchup opinions were largely in the minority, I'd keep things as factual and unbiased as possible. So basically, go over the best punishes/counters and or evasion options for the opponent's best moves and setups. And then probably explain like best ranges to fight at or general anti character stuff. (stuff to look out for, mixups, etc.)

I won't bother with adding any kind of opinions on how good/bad a matchup is, only to say if it's tough or a comfortable one.

So you basically ask Zero to do videos for all her matchups? ... Sorry, I could not resist....

I've heard that she has a favorable matchup with Raphael and an even matchup with Ezio. But I think those are just rumors spread around to make Leixia players feel better.

Back