Leixia next patch 1.04 update???

Status
Not open for further replies.
30% buff means the opponent is now operating at a little under 77% life. Pretty insane request, but serves as good reminder of how absurd some buff requests can be.

The only time I can see 30% increase justified is if it is only applied to a select few underused low damage pokes, like if your 1A did 10 damage, and asking for it to be 13 damage may not be something completely unreasonable.

My last post was total sarcasm. She's so quick with her attacks in most circumstances I can't get a friggin move off...if she isn't dodging the majority of my attacks she's hitting me with all her quick garbage. I guess that's the point of her character design but more damage buffs for her and she'll be more suffocating. No thx.

Raphael is different altogether. He requires correct reads, but if you can get them to eat a vertical, you do get some reward. He's arguably a better character when used to set people up almost as much as good reads. His problem is not from a number of reads, but a lack of tools. The tools he does have are useful though. He just lacks tools.
[rage] Raphael never has an advantage because none of the + frames he gets off anything he does other than CH 2A are large enough to deny any option, including side step, meaning not even his best options can guarantee continuing his best options. 6BB into 3K is interruptible, catching step gives him freedom to make a microstep nothing else, etc. He can only do anything by getting a hit PLUS solving the move that comes after that, which he can *never* jail. Period.[/rage]
I may agree with you on setting people up, and that is something L lacks. She doesn't ever set people up because they know it's the same stuff.

When I pick up Leixia and push her buttons, what I see is a character whose damage is lame, but who can do mid/low in every situation all of the time. She has amazing movement, has range like my own favorite character, and can knock down (yes that counts as something ). Oh, and she has a frame 11 attack which apparently some players complain as slow.
She also makes people play the Leixia game every time she has a B -> fakeout. It reminds me heavily of Raphael's Prep for which the opponent must suspend everything they are thinking and survive the game. But unlike prep, Leixia's is a two-way street with solid and obvious advantage in each case that one succeeds. (Also it's unlike prep, where Raph's prep must be used differently if the transition was blocked or not blocked.)

She has an effective TS, standard stuff of every sort, some auto GIs. So many lows. KND lows.
Particular moves that strike me as unique and powerful are WS A, B+K, .... every single one of her A+B tools, and the 22K sequence.

You want to make choices and control flow like Mitsu, Opyrrha, Xiba.... play those chars.

EDIT: And yes your terrible SA make every scrub think his or her opinion is valid here.

[rage] Raphael never has an advantage because none of the + frames he gets off anything he does other than CH 2A are large enough to deny any option, including side step, meaning not even his best options can guarantee continuing his best options. 6BB into 3K is interruptible, catching step gives him freedom to make a microstep nothing else, etc. He can only do anything by getting a hit PLUS solving the move that comes after that, which he can *never* jail. Period.[/rage]
I may agree with you on setting people up, and that is something L lacks. She doesn't ever set people up because they know it's the same stuff.

When I pick up Leixia and push her buttons, what I see is a character whose damage is lame, but who can do mid/low in every situation all of the time. She has amazing movement, has range like my own favorite character, and can knock down (yes that counts as something ). Oh, and she has a frame 11 attack which apparently some players complain as slow.
She also makes people play the Leixia game every time she has a B -> fakeout. It reminds me heavily of Raphael's Prep for which the opponent must suspend everything they are thinking and survive the game. But unlike prep, Leixia's is a two-way street with solid and obvious advantage in each case that one succeeds. (Also it's unlike prep, where Raph's prep must be used differently if the transition was blocked or not blocked.)

She has an effective TS, standard stuff of every sort, some auto GIs. So many lows. KND lows.
Particular moves that strike me as unique and powerful are WS A, B+K, .... every single one of her A+B tools, and the 22K sequence.

You want to make choices and control flow like Mitsu, Opyrrha, Xiba.... play those chars.

EDIT: And yes your terrible SA make every scrub think his or her opinion is valid here.

The way I've always thought of Leixia is that it's like playing Virtua Fighter without combos. Luckily, unlike VF, not everything is safe. I play Leixia because I like her, and she's natural to me, she's my favorite character, and is my best because she's the style that fits my playstyle. Other characters aren't much of an option. By the way...Raphael's 4A is pretty slick too, just has some bad properties.

The only decent low Leixia has is WS A+B. Every other low apart from 2K has serious problems to it.

I wouldn't count WSA+B as a good low; despite of it being fast and unseeable, it lacks damage and range. But that's my opinion.

I wouldn't count WSA+B as a good low; despite of it being fast and unseeable, it lacks damage and range. But that's my opinion.
How could WSA+B possibly lack range when she actually moves towards her opponent? It lacks speed, that's for sure. You know what else is BS about Leixia? 1KK and FC3B do not TC at all. She's friggin' crouching for the entirety of 1KK!

What do they want people to use 1KK for?! It's an easily seeable low that doesn't TC, TS or BS. Why hello, jumping attacks (even highs)!. Why hello grabs. Why hello all attacks in the entire game. It neither grants big damage or +frames on blodk.What is the point of this move except for catching opponents suffering brainfarts?!?!?!!?

20 damage is decent for an unseeable low (though the guts system will screw that over).

Sure, it's slow and very unsafe, but otherwise it's good enough. If you want to play a character with braindead lows, try Patroklos.

What do they want people to use 1KK for?! It's an easily seeable low that doesn't TC, TS or BS. Why hello, jumping attacks (even highs)!. Why hello grabs. Why hello all attacks in the entire game. It neither grants big damage or +frames on blodk.What is the point of this move except for catching opponents suffering brainfarts?!?!?!!?

If your opponent's guard is very nearly broken and they're lying on the ground, you can use it to trap them. That's retty much all it's useful for. :P

How could WSA+B possibly lack range when she actually moves towards her opponent? It lacks speed, that's for sure. You know what else is BS about Leixia? 1KK and FC3B do not TC at all. She's friggin' crouching for the entirety of 1KK!

ikk is a go to move when you want to catch rollers.
it is not used for mix ups or breaking down offence, if you catch tech role with it thats as much damage as 33bb.
i wouldn't compare this move to pyrrha's 22k,they both serve different purposes.
1kk guard breaks and leaves leixia at -2 so she can frame trap if they block both h

Only the first hit is -2, the second hit is -9. Besides, if you use it to try and catch a roll they still have time to see it and block (or back roll, depending on distance).

Only the first hit is -2, the second hit is -9. Besides, if you use it to try and catch a roll they still have time to see it and block (or back roll, depending on distance).
oh please you have no clue what your talking about do you even play leixia.
please dont lecture me the second hit i s- 2.
your one of the hypocrites we speak of here, get your facts right please.
instead of replying for the sake of it.

If your opponent's guard is very nearly broken and they're lying on the ground, you can use it to trap them. That's retty much all it's useful for. :P
But it's so slow they can usually backroll or mash out a WR attack.

ikk is a go to move when you want to catch rollers.
Why? It's slow as heck. Why not use an actual fast one, like 3A+B or 4A?

1kk guard breaks and leaves leixia at -2 so she can frame trap if they block both h
First hit is -2, 2nd hit is -9. You just 9A/B/K her in the face on the 1st hit on reaction and she'll be a sitting duck.

But it's so slow they can usually backroll or mash out a WR attack.

Why? It's slow as heck. Why not use an actual fast one, like 3A+B or 4A?

First hit is -2, 2nd hit is -9. You just 9A/B/K her in the face on the 1st hit on reaction and she'll be a sitting duck.
nope first hit is -9 second hit is - 2
check it for yourself, ive tested it.
it will hit them, if they decide to role you dont wait to see if they role you do it as soon as you knock them down.
yes they can block if they predict it but that's where the mind games lie.
its also hits grounded.

Heh.. I don't need to play any characters at all.

I disagree on that 1KK shenanigan. It's slow, and second one can be TJ attacked. Versus Natsu you eat 8K,A , lol.

nope first hit is -9 second hit is - 2
check it for yourself, ive tested it.
You've tested it how? Looking at the frames and making assumptions? No, you've got it backwards.

it will hit them, if they decide to role you dont wait to see if they role you do it as soon as you knock them down.
It's too slow to be used a mix-up tool, even after 1B.

yes they can block if they predict it but that's where the mind games lie.
its also hits grounded.
So do a whole lot of faster moves.

oh please you have no clue what your talking about do you even play leixia.
please dont lecture me the second hit i s- 2.
your one of the hypocrites we speak of here, get your facts right please.
instead of replying for the sake of it.

I'd be willing to take your opinion more seriously if you at least attempted to use proper grammar. Also, it's you're, NOT 'your'.

Nothing I've said is even vaguely hypocritical. Even if the frame data I'd stated was wrong (which, by the way, it isn't), 'hypocritical' is NOT the right word.

I'd be willing to take your opinion more seriously if you at least attempted to use proper grammar. Also, it's you're, NOT 'your'.

Nothing I've said is even vaguely hypocritical. Even if the frame data I'd stated was wrong (which, by the way, it isn't), 'hypocritical' is NOT the right word.
the frame data in the wiki with regards to 1kk is wrong who ever wrote it has it wrong.
like i said test it first don't take frame data as the gospel, do your own testing.
for the last time second hit of 1kk is - 2 on block.

the frame data in the wiki with regards to 1kk is wrong who ever wrote it has it wrong.
like i said test it first don't take frame data as the gospel, do your own testing.
for the last time second hit of 1kk is - 2 on block.
It doesn't really matter. Just 7_8_9A_B_K the 1st 1K on reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back