Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

alright TY VERY MUCH lol I have another question that I forgot to include:
Why not 3B+K after FC3B? Is it because FC3B has more frames after start so when you 3B+K its blockable?

Does anyone know the exact startup, active, and recovery frames for standard Guard Impacts? Are they universal, or different per character?

The reason I ask is so I can find out exactly how long the startup of a move used immediately after blocking needs to be in order to automatically hit after their GI goes into recovery.

For example, I often find myself GI'ing after things like 1A and 3AA, where my opponent knows they are at advantage, but will typically be more leery of stepping or throwing. I also usually wait until my opponent and I have established a certain rhythm and we feel "comfortable" attacking after blocking.

I assume other people use similar tactics on their characters, so it's good to know what sort of moves can be used to automatically circumvent the possibility that they try to GI me right away. A slightly delayed GI can still counter this tactic, but I haven't met anyone who will intentionally vary their GI timing to counter my counter... yet.

Just another quick question.

Is WRB any good?

WR B_ B BE are great tools, but you have to be smart about how you use them because the regular version is unsafe, and the Brave Edge version costs meter and leaves you at disadvantage on block.

WR B moves Leixia low (crouching), forward, and to the side, so it evades a LOT of things that your opponent may try to counter with. Sometimes a well placed WR B BE followed up by B+K, 3B_CE is all it takes to finish off an opponent who isn't expecting it.

thanks for answering my questions :D

another quick question:
How to use 3B+K,K effectively? It always gets blocked after 3B or FC3B and is pretty unsafe.

3B+K, K is actually pretty safe... -11 on first hit and -6 on second. I'm considering using it in place of 6A+B as a combo-ender, since that potential follow-up K can condition opponents to block on wake-up.

3B+K, K is actually pretty safe... -11 on first hit and -6 on second. I'm considering using it in place of 6A+B as a combo-ender, since that potential follow-up K can condition opponents to block on wake-up.
2nd hit of 3B+K,K also breaks guard in 8, so you want them to block it to setup Leixia's crazy guard break game.

Does anyone use 6B+K regularly in their game? The move seems solid, just unexceptional... It's 2 frames slower than BB, gives 1 more frame of advantage on hit. Good GB damage I suppose.

OH HO HO I SEE.. lol, I was always wondering why Kayane went into the K as it always got blocked. Thanks again, Leixia forum.

Or if you were watching Winter Brawl, it seemed RTD would sometimes whiff that to get people to bite and get up, only to get launched by 3B or FC3B.

3B+K puts you into tech crouch, so it's really useful for a FC mixup if you condition them to block the 2nd hit.
What's the damage on the 2nd K of 3B+K,K? I'm thinking it might be better to eat the damage rather than take the guard damage if the damage is low enough (When playing against Leixia).

It's 40, 48 on counter hit, 35 if comboed from 3B+K

I wouldn't eat it normally, but it's way less than say 8B+K BT B+K WR B BE BT B+K if you know you're going to get broken.

Oh, btw, it can also clean hit for 50 and 60.

While we're on the discussion, I got Xbox Live yesterday (finally! message me if you want to play or whatever) and I've found 2A+B to be a great move. It's slow, so you obviously can't use it all the time, but right after the second hit (not blocked) of 3B+K,K hits I almost always use it and it almost always hits, which puts me in a FC and lets me start doing all the delicious moves that come from that. You can do the feint a lot, and if you condition them properly so they go down to block it you can get a lot of damage done.

What's the best move after 88_22 B? I usually use 33_99 B,B, but that's a really bad idea because they almost always block it.

3B+K K itself is not guaranteed, you can tech it to the left or the right.
After a launcher only 3B+K is a combo, but your opponent has to block the K follow-up. Otherwise they eat huge ground damage.
Launcher into 33BB is not a combo, but a forced block to. No teching or rolling, they MUST block it. There are quite a few forced blocks in her gameplay.

GGs to ShinjiUrahara over the weekend!
@ShinjiUrahara - I know about 3B being steppable, and i saw you did step, i also know that ppl like to attack after a blocked 4K, its such a good setup, 6K,K is also a good move for jailing ppl which is why i dont wait for the hit confirm, since Leixia is sooo safe anyway, i use a volly of attacks that i hope you block, i attack in a pattern to see what you can defend and what you cant defend against, which is why at the end i didnt need the pattern anymore!!!

Tonight im going to a friends to increase my defense in the game tonight, im doing well since all SCV tournaments here ive come in 2nd or first im trying to get ready for final round, any advice i get i shall pass to you guys!!!

PSN: KRL-STL

3B+K K itself is not guaranteed, you can tech it to the left or the right.
After a launcher only 3B+K is a combo, but your opponent has to block the K follow-up. Otherwise they eat huge ground damage.
Launcher into 33BB is not a combo, but a forced block to. No teching or rolling, they MUST block it. There are quite a few forced blocks in her gameplay.

Just to further reiterate on 3B+K, K. Its not a combo. 3B+K, K can combo on CH, however, and only by itself (you can't combo it to any launcher).

I managed to dominate an opponent recently, after grounding him, with 33BB and 22K. Guy wasn't very good but I pretty much ran an entire round with my opponent grounded and couldn't (or wouldn't) recover from 22K, 33BB. Seems to be some sort of interesting tech trap there and if you guys and do some research on that, let me know the results.

Back