Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

How does counter hit in this game work? 6BA counter doesn't come out on counter hit, but does on stun. So the A part must be a counter hit? That's pretty useless.

I have a problem with Elysium in Legendary Souls. I recently beat it in 21 minutes, which I think is fantastic, but the main reason for that is that I kinda 'cheated' and 4k Elysium twice off the edge of the stage, lol. Normally it takes between 20 and 30 minutes to beat her. None of my main strats seem to be working! Anyone have any advice?
Your main strats won't work because legendary souls is an AI. It doesn't read your inputs persay but it doesn't act like a human competitor. My advice just cheat.

I'm having a problem maintaining Leixia's competitiveness against very good players/CPU with characters like Siegfried, Mitsurugi, etc.
I find leixia's moves quite slow, small damage, not continuous, and leave huge open gaps between combos.
It seems as if I couldn't find her distinctive characteristics.
Okay firstly the reason you have issues with Sieg and Mitsu is because Leixia is at a range disadvantage and as you've pointed out she hits kinda soft. I'm not sure what you mean by continuous but all characters have gaps between combos because combos if they didn't it wouldn't be Soul Calibur. Leixia is actually very fast, she has some of the fastest moves in the game + range. She is ideal for interrupts, spacing, and mixups. She has all the tools to kick ass you just need to utilize them. Watch the Kayane video, read some of the previous post on here, and use the training room. Things will get better.

3AA does *not* leave Leixia in a crouching state when it is finished, making it ideal for certain mixups.

On block you may use 2A for a ~i20 frame safe move if your opponent is slow or like to retaliate with AA.

On hit, it's +6, so Throws, 22_88 K_kA mixups, 1A and 4BB are all fantastic options. If your opponent starts getting wise to the step, try 4K frame traps, 2A, or even 2A+B.

EDIT: Random side topic

For those of you having trouble with Nightmare, especially online, go into training, set the dummy to Check skill, State to Attack and Guard, then cycle to 6K, K (Double Death Claw), then practice two things.

First, guard the first hit, then use Guard Impact (4A+B+K) to automatically deflect his second attack, and get a free 3B_iFC3B, 3B+K_CE punish.

Second, try the Just Guard timing for this one. It's tough at first, but once you learn to watch the animation of his arm, it gets easier. If you play online a lot, be sure to enable the artificial Frame Delay under system settings. Nightmare's are going to have a hell of a time against Leixia's who can GI and JG their staple fast move.

How does counter hit in this game work? 6BA counter doesn't come out on counter hit, but does on stun. So the A part must be a counter hit? That's pretty useless.

Counter Hits on count on the first hit. If you stun a target and hit them with a combo, the entire combo (barring recovery) counts as a counter hit.

If you're trying to land the 6BA combo, trying using 44[A] to stun the target then use 6BA. It's actually her strongest meterless combo after 44[A].

I've found that 22kAAK is a natural combo in this game. 22kAAB is also a natural combo, but the former is a few points strong than the latter, yet both knockdown the opponent. There may be some useful applications for this combo. Especially since its tied to Leixia's Bea Her Hua stance.

EDIT: I also like to mention I've had some good success with 3AA, since its a tech crouch and good for gaining ground. I actually haven't much to go on from there, and I'm not certain if 3AA is safe on block. But it seems like a good anti-step, distance closing option.

44[A] is great as an anti-step option and opens many options. 1A is also really good.

I'd like everyone to try using 6[A] more in their games and tell me what they think of the move. Seems to have a lot more useful that I originally thought.

I've been trying out some of the stuff you guys have been talking about and I'm finding 22K gets sidestepped very easily. Just started using 6A and its variations and so far so good will continue to test.

Is anyone throwing out 3B+K, K against characters that use a lot of fast high moves? I like how much damage it does but not sure how much it can be punished.

Your main strats won't work because legendary souls is an AI. It doesn't read your inputs persay but it doesn't act like a human competitor. My advice just cheat.

My main strat against the others is working fine, though (attack, quick step, punish). I don't know how well that would work against another player, but against most AI it works fine. I need XBL, I feel like I'm playing a completely different game than all of y'all. -.-

My main strat against the others is working fine, though (attack, quick step, punish). I don't know how well that would work against another player, but against most AI it works fine. I need XBL, I feel like I'm playing a completely different game than all of y'all. -.-
LOL well I'm playing a different game from 90% of the other guys too. I use PSN. Maybe it isn't so much a different game as a different community. I have both Xbox/PS3 but somehow I've always got the impression that PSN is a little friendlier. Also when I posted that I had only played the LS once, now I've played it through twice more so I've learned a bit. Too bad you don't have a PSN however if you see BrewtusBibulus, his is a cool old schooler whose been working with Lexia so maybe you should get XBL there are also a lot of other talented players on that network and it always helps to see different play styles. (sorry if this message seems a little everywhere I'm working on a ten page paper.)

Feel Free to add me on psn fellas, KRL-STL, im a C4 Leixia Player and check here daily, and yes i agree that there are so many ways to land iwsBABK cause its SOOOOO GOOOD

EDIT: I also like to mention I've had some good success with 3AA, since its a tech crouch and good for gaining ground. I actually haven't much to go on from there, and I'm not certain if 3AA is safe on block. But it seems like a good anti-step, distance closing option.

I'd like everyone to try using 6[A] more in their games and tell me what they think of the move. Seems to have a lot more useful that I originally thought.
3A,A is a staple for me. The second hit is safe and uninterruptible, so I pretty much always swing with both.

I'm not a fan of 6[A]. I might try option selecting it after a CH, but on normal hit, I just get hit out of the HL too often. I think I'd much rather go for the above 3A,A or 6B or 3B or 3K or any number of other safer choices. What role does 6A or 6[A] fill that 3A,A doesn't do better?

6[A] gives opportunities to train your opponent into a low block, then mix WR B BE in. Throws seem to catch people a lot after the spin, as well.

It's still situational and requires a better read than 3A,A or somesuch.

How do you guys have your inputs set up to maximize your ability? Mine's currently set up for my Patrolkos but that won't help me Leix, I imagine.

Still not sure how combos flow, otherwise I'd just assign them myself. But since I can't do that, I trust your sage wisdom, people. Teach me your ways.

At least two hours in practice mode and I still can't figure her out. It's obvious she flows well, but I'm used to Patroklos that it seems like she doesn't have many easy to hit natural combos. Then again, that might be because I'm trying to use exactly the same moves on both of them, and Leixia doesn't seem to have a lot of followup options to her 3B like Patty does.

I WILL LEARN YOU, WOMAN.

Tips are appreciated. ^^

6[A] gives opportunities to train your opponent into a low block, then mix WR B BE in. Throws seem to catch people a lot after the spin, as well.

It's still situational and requires a better read than 3A,A or somesuch.
Why would you block 6A low? It does crap guard meter damage, and she's -6 on block after it. After blocking your 6A, I can just B,B and beat out all of your options. So, let's say you hit with 6[A] and go into HL. I can still 2A after the hit and beat out all of your options out of HL. So, 6[A] doesn't train your opponent to do anything other than win. You're better off doing a 6A and then just dashing in. At least then, you could guard or step or jump, if you need to. HL traps you into a predictable movement with limited options. It's not more useful than 3A,A in any situation other than losing.

Why would you block 6A low? It does crap guard meter damage, and she's -6 on block after it. After blocking your 6A, I can just B,B and beat out all of your options. So, let's say you hit with 6[A] and go into HL. I can still 2A after the hit and beat out all of your options out of HL. So, 6[A] doesn't train your opponent to do anything other than win. You're better off doing a 6A and then just dashing in. At least then, you could guard or step or jump, if you need to. HL traps you into a predictable movement with limited options. It's not more useful than 3A,A in any situation other than losing.

First off, using 6[A] over 6A on block is foolish against an opponent who doesn't suck, so it goes without saying that the hold is for a situation where you've hit your opponent, and will still have enough time to use an i14 or less move to keep your opponent from beating you out. Certain characters will have moves like 2A that will limit your options more, but not everyone will use 2A on reaction to Hou Lee, even if they do have a 2A that is fast enough.

Consider this. I'm fighting against Ezio/Natsu/Pyrrha/Patroklos/etc at just outside their effective AA or BB ranges. They throw out one of the said moves, and I decide to get in close by using 6[A]. Sure, there are better guaranteed forms of damage, but the mixup potential after Hou Lee is still sometimes a worthwhile option. At this point, I can use 2K, 2A, 6K, WR B BE, or even a throw if I feel like they won't try to counter right away.

As I said, it's a situational use. In general cases, 3A,A is going to be a safer option, but don't write off the power of doing something different.

If they are so inexperienced or you've got them so mentally locked down that they stand and watch the HL followup, then you've won already, and what moves you use to deplete their life bar is irrelevant.

If you are outside the range of their A,A and B,B, then you are outside the range of 6A. If 6A is in range, then you are already close. The forward movement of HL is irrelevant. All of the moves you mentioned are at roughly the same range as 6A, except perhaps for throws. By going into HL, you just turned a +6 into a -2. Good luck with your pressure mixups while at disadvantage. You just turned a clear advantage into a 50/50, and if they guess right and step your 6K or WR B, then you just turned a clear advantage into complete momentum reversal in their favor.

Doing something different is only a good thing, if it trains to behavior that can lead to a really good outcome, 1/3 damage or more. Otherwise, you will do better just by using the better move. What behavior does 6A train to? What are you expecting them to do when you repeatedly attack with it? Once you have trained them into this behavior, how are you going to capitalize on it?

I get that you like this move, and it sounds like it might even work well with your typical opponents. However, I think it's going to lose people more battles than it's going to win.

Been using 44[A] a lot more lately. Unfortunately the success rate is somewhat middling. Its good at catching steppers and can lead to a pretty strong meterless combo and the range is pretty good. But its slow and its not great as tool for getting in or on top of opponents. Feels more like a option really to just anticipate a high or a step and then punish that. Outside of that, the feint hasn't gotten much success at all.

Starting to use 2B+K as a tech trap and it seems to work well. Have to use it sparingly and get your opponent trained to block standing first, but once you've got them trained to tech up (after pelting them with 3Bs, 66Ks and others) its easy to use 2B+K on an opponent teching to standing and then eating a combo afterwards.

I've been using AA BE K a bit more and I'm finding fairly solid as an intimidation option after comboing opponents with AA BE. Like many of other Leixia's moves, you train your opponent after they eat combos from AA BE and then pounce with the AA BE K. The move is pretty interruptible, and I'm not sure if its a viable idea to waste meter purely on intimidating your opponent. But it seems to work really well right now.

WS B BE hasn't been netting me much success more recently. iWS B BE is still solid. But I'm finding transitions into WS B BE from a crouching position a lost cause. Either players block it, or they step (and the BE just doesn't track that well), leading to few opportunities to exploit it. Feinting to aB to WS B BE still combos really well and I like this method of use. I've actually had some success getting it to work with 6[A] WS B BE. Getting your opponent to attack you after an attack that leaves you crouching is still a solid way to get WS B BE to work.

Leixia seems alittle more difficult to win with unlike X, i see that characters can actually crouch grab Leixia out of 44B, and i didint know that her frames were even in crouching postition, plus what do you guys normally combo off of 3B, FC3B, cause like getting only 3B+K and the opponent is able to block the K afterwards, while pyrra and her brother are just framing everywhere and getting all types of combos not to mention that her CE does no damage whatsoever and only having 2 brave edges, Leixia is kind of hard

Leixia seems alittle more difficult to win with unlike X, i see that characters can actually crouch grab Leixia out of 44B, and i didint know that her frames were even in crouching postition, plus what do you guys normally combo off of 3B, FC3B, cause like getting only 3B+K and the opponent is able to block the K afterwards, while pyrra and her brother are just framing everywhere and getting all types of combos not to mention that her CE does no damage whatsoever and only having 2 brave edges, Leixia is kind of hard

Leixia has 3 Brave Edges - one of which guarantees a reset if they don't interrupt or block low.

Yeah it does seem that way but trust me she is really good at being herself! It takes time to get used to her and master her character as she's not very easy win with especially if you don't know what you're doing. Few things you need to know about her is that her attacks generally does not do a lot of damage which means you're going to have to pressure your opponents with an array of attacks and mix ups if you want to win effectively. Lex is VERY good at quick poking and making use of evasive attacks at close/ range i.e. 2k, AAB, 22B, 4K, 1B+K, WR B, 22_88K for starters. Most of those moves side step before landing an attack these are evasive moves that are VERY good against MOST characters ESPECIALLY characters that rely on vertical tactics. You need to try your best to apply pressure whenever opportunity arises this will keep your opponent 2nd guessing whether they should attack or not and THATS where you want them! Unpredictability is KEY is Lex you need to try your BEST to be confusing as possible using a variety of MIX-UPs to confuse your opponent. It takes a lot of practice and I know the training room gets boring but you should at least spend about 30 mins a day if not more if you really want to learn her. You can ask me whatever and I will answer as best as I can because I am still learning too.

I can see you're having a major struggle... Ok first off the ONLY move you should be doing after a 3B launch IS 3B+K, why? Because it does the MOST damage there is no other follow up that can replace that. If your not aiming to take maximum damage when possible you don't need to play Leixia she isn't for show and tell. 2nd DO NOT always add K after 3B+K and then try to attack because you're likely to get hit. 3B+K is -11 on block and if you add K its -6 which isn't much. Instead a better strat is to do 3B+K KG and mix up grabs with FC 3B or another mix up.

FC 3B is one of the BEST moves in her arsenal thats a safe negative 10 on block that pretty much NO CHARACTER can punish save for maybe Natsu with her i10 AA (still highly unlikely). There are TWO good options for FC 3B follow up and 3B+K is NOT one of them. The first follow up is 1B it does 43 total dmg and great for viable mix ups (i.e. WR A+B/ 3B or Grab/ mix ups) since the 1B slams the opponent down to the grown leaving her in crouch position they will have to guess which her next move is because there is SO MUCH she can do from an FC 3B, 1B. The next and most damaging move after FC 3B is 6A+B. It's not a mix up set up but it does THE most damage after FC 3B which is a total of 55. So if you're going for the fast kill (which you should be) this is the move you want to follow up with.

Lex 3 Brave Edges are AA BE, AA BE K, and WR B BE. The only one you would want to use the most is WR B BE because it side steps before attacking, it impacts and its safe being -6 0n block but because its a slow i31 some people may be able to step it on reaction. But it is good does good damage and leads to a possible CE. (WR B BE, B+K, CE) TRY IT!!!

Her AA BE is also good because you can hit confirm the A attacks before going into BE. By hit confirm I mean you can see if the 1st and 2nd A hits before pressing A+B+K. NOTE* AA BE will ONLY work after the 2nd A hits! keep that in mind. Though you probably will not be able to pull these off too often... YET! until you get used to her> (I'll explain in a minute) try these simple combos for AA BE

3B Wall Splat AA BE, 3B Wall Splat 4A+B, CE

4A+B Wall Splat AA BE, 3B Wall Splat, AA BE

4K Wall Splat 44[A], AA BE, 3B Wall Splat 4A+B, 66K

AA in general is a GREAT punisher being i11 it can punish the vast majority of moves. All you have to do is hit confirm the 2nd A after punishing then go into BE its that simple they can't stop it and it's off a PUNISH thats going to happen, well, OFTEN!

Hope this helps let me know how you're doing!

Back