Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

Sorry, meant 2A+B G, cancels it with BT.

I keep doing it to people then hitting them with BT 2K, since they almost always stand up after the 2A+B doesn't happen. Not really useful, but it is hilarious.

start a mixup with 22_88B_bA

I think I meant 22_88K_kA.

I must have been super tired when I wrote that.

Hey I've got some theorycraft I'd like to run by everyone. Just sort of playing around with things for shits and giggles I guess.

What if we used 6[A] as a setup for WR B BE? On hit you're at a two-frame disadvantage. So you pop the move, maybe as a punish even (High and i15 isn't the best, but...), then move into HL and approach. From here you're at a disadvantage of -2 (on hit, we're assuming here), but that doesn't matter if you sidestep their attack with WR B BE. Of course it isn't guaranteed, but once it's established that you can still pressure them at a frame disadvantage from this place, other things can be done from the HL that would stuff/otherwise beat out their response. This could lead to some decent damage and as a tool to get up in people's faces.

Part of the question here is if there would be if there's any option that would beat out whatever she could do. I haven't tested to see what WR B BE aGIs, but it feels like 2As are a likely candidate. Also, now that I think about it, would there be any punishing situation where it would just be better to punish with 6KK and the ensuing FC mixup? Maybe not. I guess it's a little safer on block.

Just something I was tossing around.

I need advice. Since I'm maining Leixia now, would it help for me to play the previous SCs and use Xianghua?

Should I study her or would this not help?

Hey I've got some theorycraft I'd like to run by everyone. Just sort of playing around with things for shits and giggles I guess.

What if we used 6[A] as a setup for WR B BE? On hit you're at a two-frame disadvantage. So you pop the move, maybe as a punish even (High and i15 isn't the best, but...), then move into HL and approach. From here you're at a disadvantage of -2 (on hit, we're assuming here), but that doesn't matter if you sidestep their attack with WR B BE. Of course it isn't guaranteed, but once it's established that you can still pressure them at a frame disadvantage from this place, other things can be done from the HL that would stuff/otherwise beat out their response. This could lead to some decent damage and as a tool to get up in people's faces.

Part of the question here is if there would be if there's any option that would beat out whatever she could do. I haven't tested to see what WR B BE aGIs, but it feels like 2As are a likely candidate. Also, now that I think about it, would there be any punishing situation where it would just be better to punish with 6KK and the ensuing FC mixup? Maybe not. I guess it's a little safer on block.

Just something I was tossing around.

6[A] is good, but its generally not something that'll help with landing WS B BE. More often than not, using it will bring you too close and you're likely to get guarded, thrown or interrupted. Really, you have to remember than WS B is the slowest BE she has (takes a half a second to impact) and during that time before input she's rather vulnerable to everything but highs (including 2A/K).

If you're looking for some random mind games, you could just use 1[A] and wake up with WS B BE. With 6[A], your fastest options tend to be WS K and FC3B. Everything else is a bit slower, and very likely to be interrupted. This isn't to say that 6[A] is useless, just remember that it's not a cure-all.

Finally, WS B BE aGIs highs, as WS B BE doesn't tech crouch for as long as WS B does. Nor does it step as much as WS B does.

6KK is 14 frames. It has the same impact and vulnerabilities as Pyrrha's and Omega's 236Bs and nearly all major fast punishers you can think of are at 14 frames and -16 on block. Meaning that Leixia's 6KK is on par with pretty much every major punisher in the game. The only exception is Alpha's FC3aB which is at 13 and its JF at 12. Due to the complexity of the input however, its unlikely to punish anything with the narrow 2-frame advantage it has over other punishers.

As for Leixia's 6KK, it trades damage for versatility and openings. Leixia has a number of options that hit at 14 frames that are also much safer - like her BB and 3K. Though these tend to lack the range of 6KK. BB is just slightly shorter than 6KK while 3K hits high. So if you're in position where you can punish, but are too far, you use 6KK. If you try hitting 6KK too close, and then try something like WS B BE, you're likely to be interrupted or thrown (despite the 10 frame advantage from 6KK). Or it'll simply be blocked. If you hit just at the tip of 6KK, you're less likely to interrupted. Keep in mind that, Leixia's WS options all have great range on them and you don't have to be in throw range to connect most of them. WS A+B - her shortest reaching while standing option - has the same range as her BB (or very slightly less).

So use 6KK to punish the same stuff that Pyrrha or Omega would punish with 236B. Also keep in mind you now have several options open to you after that punish. Since 6KK doesn't knock down, and it doesn't put as much fear into players (yet) to watch their moves you've got opportunities to get back on the offensive and mix up those while standing options. WS K for speed and frame traps. FC3B for range and power, WS B to stop retaliation, FC3bB for range and mix-ups, WS A for pressure, and WS A+B for lockdown and interrupts.

I need advice. Since I'm maining Leixia now, would it help for me to play the previous SCs and use Xianghua?

Should I study her or would this not help?

Don't need to study Xianghua. Most of what Leixia has is basically Soul Calibur 1 Xianghua - plus or minus a few variants. Just play Leixia and get a good grip on her moveset. Unlike some of the other speedier characters in the game, Leixia will probably require a greater variety and usage of her moves than someone like Pyrrha or Patroklos. Most of Leixia's moves don't quite fit into combo filler, so be aware of that.

Main moves to look into is: AA, BB, AAB, 3B+K, 3B, 22B, 22K, 22kAAB_K, FC3B, 44A_[A]_aB, 4A+B, 44B, 6KK, 33BB, 1A and all her BEs.

Other moves to look into is 22A, 3A+B, 6A+B, 2B+K, 4BB_bK, 6BA, 6BaB, 66BbB, WS A+B, and the guard cancels of 2A+B, 11AA, FC A+B, 3B+KK.

When your enemy is pressuring you with lots of vertical attacks? It can also cancel into another move so you might find that useful as well.

It can aGI in the middle of some strings, it's pretty safe on block, and it wallsplats. I've written down some of the strings it can interrupt in the punishment thread, though I've really only worked on two characters so far.

@4A+B: Thanks for the answers, both of you.

Jump K jumps over low attacks is the only thing I can think of, 4B can mixup into quake if they aren't expecting it. The other one is the guard impact? Can be used against a horizontal into a launch with B.

Jump K does the most damage of all the jumps if I recall correctly, but I think it's the least safe.
Ber Her Hua is... meh. Well I don't really like it anyways, but I do have some stuff I want to test with it.
4B does good guard damage and like Aesa said, can also quake stun/guard break. Too bad the startup is huge.

Question here, i was just playing vs the cpu (just to see what it can do) and i see the computer doing FC3BB (the guard crush move that hits the toes). Anyways i see the cpu does it from stance so is it like a special command for it.. or is it just that the computer can input stuff so perfect that its a cpu only thing?

If so, then what you must be talking about is her iFC3BB, which means Instant Full Crouch.
Basically, Instant Full Crouch is when you quickly crouch to perform the full crouch move of your choice.
This is done by manually crouching (G2) and performing the move as normal.
Read more about it here:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/advanced-techniques.4885/

It's only one frame slower than done from crouch, so it may seem like the CPU was doing it from standing.

Back