Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

But I always forget about this and never used it in real matches because I find it kind of hard to make my opponent block the last hit of long string instead of 1B+K or so. Shouldn't forget about it though.

Lol, I'm the opposite. Once I land CH AA(BE) I usually end up doing the AA(BE)K. Then it breaks... and I'm like... DAMMIT!

I'm thinking about learning Leixia after learning my current character. I noticed her very low damage and figured she should have awesome frames. I confirmed this by looking at her frame data. My question is: do you guys think this trade off is OK, or does it make her a lame character for PvP?

I'm thinking about learning Leixia after learning my current character. I noticed her very low damage and figured she should have awesome frames. I confirmed this by looking at her frame data. My question is: do you guys think this trade off is OK, or does it make her a lame character for PvP?

It's fine because Leixia's Guard Damage is the best in the game. It just means that you got to made more reads than your opponent, take fewer risks, and knowing what to do after you've broken your opponent's guard gauge.

Just for fun near the wall and then continue with a Post Guard Burst Combo.

That's true (you forgot Alpha though), but it works on everyone, if they can't be pushed further backwards (so when there is a wall behind them).

Just keep in mind "Small bitch-characters" and "Old nudists", then you know the exceptions.

Anyone have any tips in dealing with Mitsurugi. It's hard to keep close to him with his pokes.

Anyone have any tips in dealing with Mitsurugi. It's hard to keep close to him with his pokes.

You want to either be really close or really far. Mid range is stupid for Mitsu.
Anyway, for his pokes. JG is your best friend. In that range BB, 2K, 6B (don't finish it) AA or 3K stuff like that gives you frames to work with. The idea is to force him to play predictably with 4B or to get him to whiff 2As/1Bs with your pressure. In his face you have the standard 4K/2K/4A frame trap thing going.

If you have a life lead, it's hard for Mitsu to run in on you. He has to commit to the knee which, if you JG gives you 6KK. Or you can step right and punish. (His 8WR Horizontals are slow)
WS A/3A+B are great counters for Mitsus who love 22B at disadvantage too.

Basically, Mitsu forces you to take action. You can't try to wait him out most of the time. To beat his mixups and bullying, you have to either mash something out like 2A, 6K, etc. or you have to step. Stepping beats his powerful mids, mashing beats run ins and 2KB.

Yeah the point I see here is that I HAVE to get the life lead as early as possible. I guess that applies for a lot of Leixia's matchups. I don't see how I should rely on JG though if hes got such a great mix up game between the 6B8, 6B and 6B2. But 1B+K has helped me somewhat with that. It may be because i play online but I've had Mitsurugi's verticals catch my step a lot of times. In any case i still need to work on this girl.

Yeah the point I see here is that I HAVE to get the life lead as early as possible. I guess that applies for a lot of Leixia's matchups. I don't see how I should rely on JG though if hes got such a great mix up game between the 6B8, 6B and 6B2. But 1B+K has helped me somewhat with that. It may be because i play online but I've had Mitsurugi's verticals catch my step a lot of times. In any case i still need to work on this girl.

JG won't solve everything, sure. I just find it helps as opposed to blocking mid pokes that keep you out. 6B2 is advantage on hit so he'll usually try to do something fast afterward where JG can be applied. (AA seems to punish a few of his better ones). 1B+K is good too, depends on what the Mitsu pokes with. The one I play tends to 4A and 3A a lot so JG helps.

And no, Mitsurugi tracks period. It's not cause you play online.

Stepping left instead of right vs Mitsurugi usually helps

Stepping left instead of right vs Mitsurugi usually helps
It's actually the other way around. Down on 1P side, Up on 2P side. (Your character's right) Unfortunately this is MOST characters weakest side. So Leixia's auto-step moves (WS B, 1B+K) that step left often get tracked by a lot of moves. Pyrrhas/Maxi/Mitsu/Ezio etc...

Ironically, Leixia's weakest side is the right.... go figure her auto evades work best on herself, lol

Denver comic con just re-inspired me to start playing again.

There's a group of almost 10 players in my city that I never knew about.

I did a money match with meangreentoker. I ended up losing, but I felt like I did really well against a seasoned Mitsurugi considering that I haven't played this game for quite a while. No video, sadly.

Denver comic con just re-inspired me to start playing again.

There's a group of almost 10 players in my city that I never knew about.

I did a money match with meangreentoker. I ended up losing, but I felt like I did really well against a seasoned Mitsurugi considering that I haven't played this game for quite a while. No video, sadly.

Good to hear not everybody leaves a game completely when a new one comes out

I'm still hella mad that Leixia's not as strong as she was waaay back before the nerfs. I've been picking up the game again after a few sessions in the past week with the local community. Wish I kept up with it; there's so much information I forgot. T_T

I'm still hella mad that Leixia's not as strong as she was waaay back before the nerfs. I've been picking up the game again after a few sessions in the past week with the local community. Wish I kept up with it; there's so much information I forgot. T_T

First off, Leixia's physical damage was low in pre-patch. All the patches did is reduce guard damage of some moves, got rid of BS like 22_88K KND on normal hit & Double CE (CE x2 was a glitch, not a feature). Leixia's guard damage is the best in the game and you have to be much more strategic to win with her.

First off, Leixia's physical damage was low in pre-patch. All the patches did is reduce guard damage of some moves, got rid of BS like 22_88K KND on normal hit & Double CE (CE x2 was a glitch, not a feature). Leixia's guard damage is the best in the game and you have to be much more strategic to win with her.

Previous patches also nerfed 6KK and ws2 BE. 22_88K KND seemed fair as that was a slow move. Double CE glitch was cool, but I learned about it after it got patched, so I didn't have time to goof around with it.

Leixia needs to work much more just to get minor damage in while out characters such as Pat or Asta can just make one good guess for way more damage for similar risk.

As for Lexia's guard damage being the best in the game, sure.

Back