Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

CH AAB is a great option *if* you have a good read on them. I don't recommend using meter on AA BE unless it's in a guaranteed combo like after 44[A] or a wall splat.

Actually, I find spending meter on AA BE to be very useful, more so nowadays than WS B BE vs certain chars. it's really the best CH fishing poke Leixia has. (Unless you count WS A as a poke, I guess)

Actually, I find spending meter on AA BE to be very useful, more so nowadays than WS B BE vs certain chars. it's really the best CH fishing poke Leixia has. (Unless you count WS A as a poke, I guess)
I can see its value if you land it as a Counter Hit, but I'd rather sacrifice a few points of damage and frame advantage and stick to regular CH AAB. I find that keeping the meter for a GI mixup or guaranteed combo usually makes for a more efficient use of the meter.

Many of the better players I fight against are savvy to this move, and will option select the last hit every single time if I don't land the CH.

EDIT: I just checked the Frame Data on AA BE. Is it really 79 damage for a single Counter Hit?! If so, I may have seriously underestimated it as a poke.

AA BE damage sequence is 8 (9 CH), 10, 20, 20, 20, but the last hit only combos in stun and the whole BE scales significantly by that point. It would be 59 damage on CH then, and of course a force block of the last 20 damage hit which does some guard damage and is 0 frames.

AA BE damage sequence is 8 (9 CH), 10, 20, 20, 20, but the last hit only combos in stun and the whole BE scales significantly by that point. It would be 59 damage on CH then, and of course a force block of the last 20 damage hit which does some guard damage and is 0 frames.

Ah. Thank you for the info.

CH AAB is -19 damage and +4 frames of advantage versus AA BE then. The damage and guard damage are nice, but I'm still hesitant to throw AA BE out there unless it's lethal, or if it puts the opponent at that perfect ~40 life zone where one throw or launcher is enough to close the round.

On a side note, the last 9 or 10 posts here should probably get tossed in the general thread.

If your lucky CH AA[BE] with the 5th Hit Blocked can lead to 44[A] combos.
This is true, but other than 2 extra frames, it's really no different than any of her -2 traps like (on block) 4K, 4A, and 2K (on hit). Each of these moves sets up the potential to go under an AA or throw with 44[A] just as well as AA BE does, and they don't cost any meter.

When I get online this weekend I'll test using AA BE as a counter poke to see if it makes me a believer, but for now, I don't think the reward is generally worth the cost.

This is true, but other than 2 extra frames, it's really no different than any of her -2 traps like (on block) 4K, 4A, and 2K (on hit). Each of these moves sets up the potential to go under an AA or throw with 44[A] just as well as AA BE does, and they don't cost any meter.

When I get online this weekend I'll test using AA BE as a counter poke to see if it makes me a believer, but for now, I don't think the reward is generally worth the cost.

The cost? Think of it this way, once you learn to CH confirm AA, you have an i11 stepkiller doing 60 dmg. That's like, launcher damage. The last hit being a force block is a bonus. The move isn't effected by the yellow health scaling either.

The cost? Think of it this way, once you learn to CH confirm AA, you have an i11 stepkiller doing 60 dmg. That's like, launcher damage. The last hit being a force block is a bonus. The move isn't effected by the yellow health scaling either.
For an even better bonus when you add the K to AA[BE] to surprise your opponent with a +18 reset for 6BA (x2) combos for 114 DMG with .5 bar of meter or if you have the meter for it you can another AA[BE] for combos that do 129-133 DMG with 1 bar of meter. If you break with AA[BE] with the 5th Hit Blocked Break ~ 44[A] ~ AA[BE] combos you get 154-157 DMG or AA[BE] with the 5th Hit Blocked Break ~ 44[A] ~ AA[BE]K (to surprise your opponent) ~ 6BA (x2) for 179 DMG. If you have a 1.5 bars of meter with AA[BE] with the 5th Hit Blocked Break ~ 44[A] ~ AA[BE]K (to surprise your opponent) ~ AA[BE] you get combos that do 193-198 DMG. Sounds pretty good for an i11 close range stepkiller. By the way, Leixia is just as strong as all the characters when she has meter for AA CH confirms, WS B[BE] vertical evades, & a CE for i12 punishes, hit confirmable combos, & string interrupts.

Last edited:
People shouldn't be getting hit by quake stuns at this point in the game's life, although there's still a surprising number of people who wing it against Leixia like she's Raph. If they don't know about the free FC A or CE and it just werks, go for it.

Leixia's AA is the best in the game, and one of the best move in the game imo. You can get much salt from it if you've learned to abuse the CH confirm.

People shouldn't be getting hit by quake stuns at this point in the game's life, although there's still a surprising number of people who wing it against Leixia like she's Raph. If they don't know about the free FC A or CE and it just werks, go for it.
in theory, yes, but in real time it's different.

Leixia's AA is the best in the game, and one of the best move in the game imo. You can get much salt from it if you've learned to abuse the CH confirm.
Eh... 2nd best next to Pyrrha's. But it is very good.

Eh... 2nd best next to Pyrrha's. But it is very good.
I think you mean Natsu because her A is i10, the fastest A in the game, turns to A:6 on NH for 42 DMG Meterless, AAB on CH is 49 DMG Meterless. In short, Natsu's A is the fastest in the game & best A on NH. Leixia's A is the best on CH with meter.

I thought about Pyrrha having the same speed on her AA without the CH advantages, but you're right the frame advantages on her's are much better. I'd say they're both really good on their own aspect.

Pyrrha's AA range is o.o

Also None of the hits in AA BE do more than 20 damage. Doesn't that mean that it is affected by critical health scaling?

Looks about the same damage to me. Maybe the "over 20 damage" rule doesn't apply to BEs or multi hit moves? I'm not 100% sure on that whole thing.

So it turns out it takes 8 frames longer to begin a step after being forced into crouch by an opponent's attack, which means Leixia can do stuff like:
1A or 44A to kill step after 44K gets blocked
WR A to kill step after 1B gets blocked
66BB to kill backdash after 6B+K or the kick from 3B+KK gets blocked, or 4A to kill sidesteps

It's arguable that blocking her stuff and dashing out of range is one of her bigger weaknesses, but you can expoit people's habits with tricks like these, and a CH 1A or 66BB can be gamechanging.

Back