Leixia Techtraps

awesomelyawesome

[08] Mercenary
This thread will list all of Leixia's confirmed techtraps.
Post below to contribute.

(CH 8B+K), BT B+K, 44[A]_2B+K - All sides
44K, 3A+B - All sides
66AA, FC3B - Front only
1K, 44A - All sides
(CH 66BB), 66BbB (2nd hit guaranteed), dash 22B - ?
FC3BB, 44[A] - All sides
4K, delayed CE - ?
CH 3A+B, delayed FC3B - Front, Back
3B+KK (2nd hit guaranteed), 44A - All sides

After CH 9B+K, BT B+K combo, 2B+K (quake) will techtrap all directions. If people want to try to tech out of the WS B(BE), this is the move to use.

Edit: Saw that this was already listed just without the CH 9B+K part after BT B+K in the OP.

66BbB, dash in 22B, CE (left or right)

FC 3bB trap 44[A], 6B, A 6B, A (right or back) this one is difficult and may not work vs everyone.

4A+B (can add 4B,B) wall splat delay 3A+B (all sides)

4K CE

3A+B counter hit, delay FC 3B

Good to know about the 2B+K tech trap after BT B+K, I have always mixed up WR B BE and 1KK (which works as a tech trap in every direction, too, but it's not consistent and doesn't do as much damage as 2B+K).
Nice thread.

66BbB, dash in 22B, CE (left or right)

FC 3bB trap 44[A], 6B, A 6B, A (right or back) this one is difficult and may not work vs everyone.

4B+K (can add 4B,B) wall splat delay 3A+B (all sides)

4K CE

3A+B counter hit, delay FC 3B

after CH 3A+B, delayed FC 3B catches backroll too? And what is 4B+K again? I honestly don't remember if she had that input.

Lol what a coincidence, only yesterday I said this xD

Since there's no tech trap thread I'll post this here-

44A traps All techs after 1K and (3B+K),K and 3B is guaranteed after it.
3(B+K)K, 44A (trap), 3B = 75-85 dmg depending on Clean Hit or not and after 1K it does 55 dmg.
You can also end with 2B if you want to be in FC.

Zero, 4B+K is her unblockable.

after CH 3A+B, delayed FC 3B catches backroll too? And what is 4B+K again? I honestly don't remember if she had that input.

ZeroEffects I am very sorry, I was typing all this up while sleepy as hell. I meant 4A+B not 4B+K LOL. Yes, it catches backroll because of it's reach. When the stun effects are near it's limit thats when you want to launch FC 3B as they won't enough time to even begin to escape it.

Anybody have any good moves for wake-ups and mix-ups with Leixia to keep the pressure on? I'm brand new to SC5 (just got the game the other day), and I've been trying to main her due to Talim getting the boot (always liked Xianghua). I've been trying to play the poke and read and react game and have been fairly successful, but I really want to get a good rushdown/presseure game going with her.

This seems to be one of the weaker parts of her game, IMHO. I tend to always get a couple of free FC 2K's in on knockdown, but after that I can't really make up my mind on what to do after that. I occasionally follow that up with a rising K, but that usually get's blocked and punished, especially if I try to get out of there with a quick 44B. I used to always make the mistake of going standing A+B and eating a quick horizontal, due to not really knowing what to do. Good players rarely fall for the 44B on wake-up, and when I feint back, I usually always get hit anyway (at least by the characters with longer reach). B+K, B also rarely works against decent competition or people that just like to block on wake-up. FC A+B works a lot against people who like to block on wake-up, but for the more aggressive players and mashers, it's start-up is way too slow. If anyone has any good safe moves/combos to apply pressure after wake-up or general mix-up tactics, I would appreciate it.

EDIT: Apologize if this isn't the right place for this.

After 44K hits, 1B catches all sides for 48~50 dmg total and leaves you in crouch at +4. It also hits them on the ground if they don't tech for 43 dmg total. So it seems like this is the go-to option post 44K.

Anybody have any good moves for wake-ups and mix-ups with Leixia to keep the pressure on? I'm brand new to SC5 (just got the game the other day), and I've been trying to main her due to Talim getting the boot (always liked Xianghua). I've been trying to play the poke and read and react game and have been fairly successful, but I really want to get a good rushdown/presseure game going with her.

This seems to be one of the weaker parts of her game, IMHO. I tend to always get a couple of free FC 2K's in on knockdown, but after that I can't really make up my mind on what to do after that. I occasionally follow that up with a rising K, but that usually get's blocked and punished, especially if I try to get out of there with a quick 44B. I used to always make the mistake of going standing A+B and eating a quick horizontal, due to not really knowing what to do. Good players rarely fall for the 44B on wake-up, and when I feint back, I usually always get hit anyway (at least by the characters with longer reach). B+K, B also rarely works against decent competition or people that just like to block on wake-up. FC A+B works a lot against people who like to block on wake-up, but for the more aggressive players and mashers, it's start-up is way too slow. If anyone has any good safe moves/combos to apply pressure after wake-up or general mix-up tactics, I would appreciate it.

EDIT: Apologize if this isn't the right place for this.

It is the wrong thread, but to answer your question... on wakeup, you generally want to make them block something damaging to the guard gauge. 33BB, FC3B, FC 3BB, etc. You can use Rising A+B to go low once in a while. She can put her opponents in a lot of guessing situations on block if you use those. Use the Leixia Q&A General thread for questions about strategy and ideas from now on.

Found that after landing 22kA,A,B you can use CE to tech trap all directions. You can also use CE tech trap whenever 6KK causes a CH KND (ex: 2B+K quake, 6KK~CE tech traps)

EDIT: this doesn't work after FC 3BB, 6KK because they fall in BT.

Also if you land the actual 2B+K attack, (not the tremor) 6KK will tech trap all directions. 6KK doesn't hit grounded, but has a hit confirmable delay. You don't have to commit to the 2nd kick if they don't tech. You can also use 66K instead, which hits grounded, and catches all except left tech.

As Kalas mentioned before, if you land BT B+K you can opt to use 1KK as a tech trap. However, I found something interesting to add.
- If you use 1KK they can't tech again, but if you only do the first sweep, they can tech again where you can use 44A which will also techtrap if done without charging it.

So i hit the lab again because my boyfriend is catching on too my hyped up BS and this is what i found.

If you land 4A+BB_6BaB_44aB you can RCC (I think that's what you call pressing 4 or 6 to recover from crouch) into 2B+K for a tech trap. It must be delayed slightly otherwise they can't tech. It catches all sides.

Strange thing I noticed about this tech trap is if you RCC with 6 sometimes the quake will cause the stun and damage your opponent which puts the resulting combo from 93 to 119. 134 if 2B+K clean hits. Not bad off just half a bar.

You could also use 44A which catches all sides if you feel your timing with the quake is inconsistent. If your opponent techs to Leixia's left it must be delayed slightly. The delay stops it from catching all other sides though.

New tech traps I found in the lab...

2A+B:
  • FC2K - Front, Back (whiffs at max distance), Left, Right, No Tech
  • 6KK - Front, Back (hit confirmable, difficult to punish on side tech whiff)
  • 66K - Front, Back, Right, No Tech (sets up AUTOMATIC side-throw spacing vs Front and Back tech)
  • FC2A - Front, Back, Right (sets up WR A+B/FC3B mixup with frame advantage)
  • 66 A+G_B+G - Front, Back (whiffs at max distance), Left, Right
*FC3B catches ALL rolls, buttons, and guard attempts after 2A+B, but whiffs on tech. (41 damage combo)

Sample setups - * (c) denotes that damage indicates a "combo", not an individual move. *

• 3B, 2A+B (re-knockdown), 66K (confirm spacing), Side Throw - {20, 46 (c), 65} damage for a total of 131 (54.6%)
  • 3B, 2A+B, FC3B (kills roll) - {20, 41 (c) }damage for a total of 61 (25.4%) *not bad for a launch ''combo''*
  • 3B, 2a+bG, BT B+K (catches low block or buttons being hit), 33B B - {20, 0, 48 (c)} damage for a total of 68 (28.3%)
  • 3B, 2a+bG, BT B+K, 2B+K (catches all tech), AA BE, 3B, 3b+kG, 2K - {20, 0, 121 (c), 14} damage for a total of 155 (64.6%)
  • 2a+bG, BT B+K, 2B+K, AA BE, 3B, W!, 4A+B, W!, 6KK, 66 B+G*, W!, 3B - 208 damage (86.7%) *requires another tech attempt off of 6KK
These are just some examples to give you guys ideas. See what you can come up with, and post it here. Obviously, hitting BT B+K takes a risk, and using 2B+K requires a trap, so it's certainly not guaranteed, but it's something to work with.

Happy trapping.

WR A+B B - CE is a tech trap for 120 some damage. Likewise with 22kAAB - CE. Pretty nice if your opponent knows they can tech out of the FC 3B follow up. On the topic of 22kA series, the K version into 44K is a pseudo forced block. Rolling/teching to the right will make her miss. But it hits every other direction from what I gather. Don't try it near a wall either. So, ya. We now have a semi-legit way to make them actually block that shitty ass move. inb4someoneclaimingitisn'tshitty

Why thank you Reptile.
-i35
-extremely linear
-late tech jump
-only breaks in 9(slow for that speed and linearity. especially since you want to break with it and not so much just collect the guard damage)
-by the time you get their gauge flashing red, they'll have recovered just enough to have their gauge survive the 44K when you've actually gotten them to block it
-guard break setup's risk isn't worth its reward
-1A - AA BE combo does roughly the same amount of damage, works from almost any guard break but without the idiotic slow setup, and it works on a majority of the cast. You can even ICR after some breaks and still get your 1A because it's not i fucking 41.(Fun unrelated fact, I pointed this combo out, everyone said "Naw bro it's shit" then Hyrul points it out a month later and he gets "OMFG AMAZING." My life lol.)
-no real benefit for landing the hit aside from mediocre damage and a knockdown
-no legitimate forced blocks for it aside from 22kAAK which can be rolled or teched to the right
-INCONSISTENT

Point being, the reward from hitting them with it or making them block it doesn't outweigh the extremely likely possibility that they'll just roll out of the way whenever you try to set it up on wakeup. Better options exist(Come forth, 44aB!)

-only breaks in 9(slow for that speed and linearity. especially since you want to break with it and not so much just collect the guard damage)
"Only" breaks in 9. Lol.
-by the time you get their gauge flashing red, they'll have recovered just enough to have their gauge survive the 44K when you've actually gotten them to block it
Condition their gauge better. Spam FC 3B more.
-guard break setup's risk isn't worth its reward
Not worth it for a free ringout or wall combo with insane carry distance? Okay.
-1A - AA BE combo does roughly the same amount of damage, works from almost any guard break but without the idiotic slow setup, and it works on a majority of the cast.
And against the characters it doesn't work on? Also, you can get 44[A] combo with breaks other than 44K.
-no real benefit for landing the hit aside from mediocre damage and a knockdown
Mixup of choice or guaranteed damage.
-no legitimate forced blocks for it aside from 22kAAK which can be rolled or teched to the right
If your opponent is rolling around, it means you aren't spamming 66K enough. I'd also be willing to bet that there are certain situations and setups you didn't take into consideration for it. I'll mess around with a few ideas in training later.
Better options exist(Come forth, 44aB!)
Doesn't hit grounded.

44K isn't supposed to be applied against side rollers. It's specifically for stopping people from rolling backwards. If they're rolling to the side, your goal is already achieved, and you don't need to use 44K. Ever seen how often spacing characters like Ivy, Astaroth, and Hilde will roll backwards and completely reset the spacing in their favor? If you use 44K, you get to put them in FrC, at +/- 0 frames, which is always in Leixia's favor, considering how much faster she is than spacing characters.

If they're rolling sideways, use something like 66K, 2K, FC3B, 33BB, or RCC B+K Throw to apply pressure and make them want to stop rolling entirely.

If you're going for the big guard break combo, use 1B+K or WR K, they're still linear but much faster and easier to make someone block.

On topic...

I'm sure you all know this by now, but Leixia can combo into throws if the opponent techs after CH 3A+B, 44A, CH 66B B, and CH 6KK (stun counter, like after AA BE, wall hit, or 6B A attack throw).

It's never a guaranteed deal, but if they don't break the throw, the damage "combos" on the damage meter like it's a real combo. It's basically the shitty version of Xianghua's 2B+G tech traps in SCIV.

Speaking of 44K:

I like this move very much. Yes, it's rollable, but it's not like Leixia lacks in tracking moves that hit grounded...
Also, a slightly delayed 3B after 44K is a guaranteed combo AND a full tech trap at the same time, if they try to tech. So it can be more than 70dmg on NH without meter.
And after 4A+B, 44K is a forced block or it'll hit grounded/rolling opponents which makes it a perfect set-up against flashing opponents.

I've never tried to use throws as some kind of "forced breaks" after knockdowns, thanks for sharing.

Back