Leixia Techtraps

Throws can tech trap off a lot of stuff in the game but be aware that a tech into crouch will avoid them completely.

Throws can tech trap off a lot of stuff in the game but be aware that a tech into crouch will avoid them completely.

This is true.

It's very rare to see someone tech straight into a crouch, in my experience.

Most tech killers are mids, so they'd be opening themselves up to a free combo just to get out of a 50/50.

This is true.

It's very rare to see someone tech straight into a crouch, in my experience.

Most tech killers are mids, so they'd be opening themselves up to a free combo just to get out of a 50/50.
Well when you fight someone often who you jump over after a crumple stun and use a grab to tech trap them then you will start to see techs straight into a crouch more (Maxi's BT B+K FTW!!!).

I just didn't want people to think grabs are 100% guaranteed when someone techs. The beauty of them is they tech trap all directions when near a wall or edge.

"Only" breaks in 9. Lol.
Condition their gauge better. Spam FC 3B more.
Not worth it for a free ringout or wall combo with insane carry distance? Okay.
And against the characters it doesn't work on? Also, you can get 44[A] combo with breaks other than 44K.
Mixup of choice or guaranteed damage.
If your opponent is rolling around, it means you aren't spamming 66K enough. I'd also be willing to bet that there are certain situations and setups you didn't take into consideration for it. I'll mess around with a few ideas in training later.
Doesn't hit grounded.

Yes. Since the goal for it is to get that shitty 44[A] combo, 9 usually doesn't cut it. The guard damage itself is useful, no doubt. But using it for that combo is idiotic since it's not a move you can throw out freely enough to get it blocked when the gauge is flashing.

Lol I use FC 3B plenty. I work the guard gauge just fine.

Hmm. Insane carry distance from an i35 break that can be done just as well after a 3B break into 1A. Learn to read bro.

Against the seven characters it doesn't work on(one of which being ZWEI, another being Leixia, and the other Voldo, two of which she's at advantage against anyway, and hardly anyone uses Leixia anyway) feel free to 44K all you want against them. Against anyone else, not worth it. Pyrrha's, Viola(huge hole I admit), and aPat are the only real threats that are immune to it.
Other breaks for 44[A]? YES! WR K! BREAK THAT SHIT IN 15! 1B+K! IN 12! AA BE! THEY CAN STEP - 8WHATEVERMOVE TO BEAT IT! CONSISTENCY! See why it's not worth the risk most of the time? The 1A is superior barring the select few characters with stupid hitboxes.

I hit them on ground constantly. iFC 3B works fine for me. They always have a habit of rolling to 66K's weak side, but I use it nonetheless.

What doesn't hit grounded? 3B? The move I said breaks into the 1A combo? Lol.

Yes. Since the goal for it is to get that shitty 44[A] combo, 9 usually doesn't cut it. The guard damage itself is useful, no doubt. But using it for that combo is idiotic since it's not a move you can throw out freely enough to get it blocked when the gauge is flashing.

and other stuff

The 1A combo starter is decent. No one is arguing that. In fact, if it worked on everyone it'd be a staple for sure.

But 44K is far better than you seem to giving it credit for. Kalas explained why in a nutshell, but think about this. 44K can not be stepped purely on reaction. It's just fast enough to where it'll hit or at least force a block. If they ARE beating it out it's because they are mashing out an attack predicting you'll use a slow move, OR they read you'd use a vertical to break guard and stepped accordingly.

- You can do it after 4A+B hit
- after BT B+K juggle,
- you can use it after a launcher from time to time and get them to stand into it.
- Use it post GI, or post JG if you like. etc.

It's not spammable by any means, but for Guard damage purposes it's pretty good when you can think outside the box a bit when applying it. And yes, on block, some chars FC 2As beat yours, but AA beats their 2A. (against Cervy your 2A trades since his is a frame slow. NM can do a damn thing from FC, lol)

The 1A combo starter is decent. No one is arguing that. In fact, if it worked on everyone it'd be a staple for sure.

But 44K is far better than you seem to giving it credit for. Kalas explained why in a nutshell, but think about this. 44K can not be stepped purely on reaction. It's just fast enough to where it'll hit or at least force a block. If they ARE beating it out it's because they are mashing out an attack predicting you'll use a slow move, OR they read you'd use a vertical to break guard and stepped accordingly.

- You can do it after 4A+B hit
- after BT B+K juggle,
- you can use it after a launcher from time to time and get them to stand into it.
- Use it post GI, or post JG if you like. etc.

It's not spammable by any means, but for Guard damage purposes it's pretty good when you can think outside the box a bit when applying it. And yes, on block, some chars FC 2As beat yours, but AA beats their 2A. (against Cervy your 2A trades since his is a frame slow. NM can do a damn thing from FC, lol)

I've had bad experiences with setting up the guard crush, getting them to block 44K after their gauge has flashed a few seconds ago, then having it not break and losing because of it.

I personally think 44aB would be better. You can fake them out and make them anticipate the 44[A]. Odds are they won't interrupt. It tracks tech on wakeup. It actually gives advantage. +4 on block. 60ish damage on hit. Far more options post-block. Much more guard gauge damage. It's like 10 frames slower if my thinking is correct (i25 for 44A, 20 frame transition. I'm not sure though.)

I started trying to set up 44K more last night because I thought about precisely what you're saying. I have to use it when I know they aren't going to step. Obviously I knew that before, but I used to mostly try it on wakeup. It's a lot easier than I remember to set it up. But personally, I still don't think the guard crush move is worth going out of your way to get. Guard gauge damage, fuck yeah go for it. Perhaps it was my own linear get-that-combo-at-all-costs mentality a few months ago that gave me the bad experience?
I've tried it after BT B+K and launchers. They just roll out of the way most of the time and I get slammed. I'll try the others though.

How does AA beat 2A? Doesn't 2A have TC on frame 8-9 or something?

Anyway, the reason I vehemently voiced my likely fallacy-ridden opinion on the move is because I usually reconsider my own thoughts after hearing the dissenting opinion. And now I've thought of more ways to actually put this move into use. Mission accomplished? Still hate the guard crush thing though. <_<

Most FC As have some TC but it's early as hell (Aeon's is F1-7) which means you can get grabbed out of them a lot so they're not reliable as TC moves so much as just fast pokes.

I didn't know that. I thought the TC was just idiotically late. Standard 2A's have TC starting frame 9ish right? Or am I wrong about that too? Gah, need to reconsider my information now. This explains why I kept getting grabbed out of such things. I was getting irritated thinking I was cheated. Lol.

This is good, but like Kalas said somewhere, delayed 3B also catches all and is a better option.

I didn't see that post. I just skimmed through to see if 44K → 1B was posted anywhere and didn't see it.

That reminds me, it'd be nice for the Aeon SA if a list of tech traps was made similar to the combo list. I'll go work on it.

Back