Leixia Videos & Discussion

If you block Nightmare 1A, WS A will beat everything he goes for (including blocking).
I always forget about WS A as a low punish... I have to keep that in mind here though.

And if you block NSS [A], 3B+K will beat everything, too.
THAT was it! I knew she had to have something after blocking NSS A other than CE. I was thinking 44A, but 3B+K is just fine.

Alpha Patroklos is such a joke, good not everybody is capable of playing this broken shit.
Well, he may a little bit much and definitely one of Lexy's worst matchups, but honestly, Woahhzz just outplayed me in the crucial moments.

Now I am currently analyzing this match with Woahhzz to see how I could've won. I feel like my movement was on point, but my throw attempts kept getting punished too hard. Should've broke A throws more too, since he never even tries the B command throw. and uh... I should start punishing re-GIs harder with 44[A] or 2B+K.

The Thermidor match I had won, I just blew it somehow. I could feel it.

please how many tournies has alpha won? i dont see him around much.

You're kidding me right? I will never understand the "how many tourney wins" argument.
Check it out, Let's say one person plays the same character every time, goes to every tournament, and wins every tournament... If we were to use this logic, that one character will be the ONLY good one in the game while the rest are "not viable".

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... tools determine tiers... NOT Tournaments.

please how many tournies has alpha won? i dont see him around much.
i know a lot about alpha since i play him pretty well.
and he is not safe at all miss a jf and you can get punish if your playing smart opponent.
alpha is good we all know, but hes fine the way he is deal with it.
i sense your rant is pretty personal thats my opinion ok dont force yours down my throat.
i would say Cervantes is even worst since hes easy mode and even more retarded.
alpha is pretty beatable just like any other character out there.
leixia can control the match by using frame traps and keeping the pressure she has a better attack rate.
so she can keep alpha pretty quite if done smartly.
if you havent notice there are only 1 or 2 good alpha out there so this character is not a problem.
its not as bad as having 100 violas at a single tourney.

Lol, good try. You are so clueless i shouldnt even respond, but i will do you a favour.

First of all if Leixia can dictate the match with frame traps against Alpha, then she can dictate the match against any character with frame traps. Maybe you forgot Alpha is one of the fastest chars and has the best TC Game overall. It doesnt change the fact that Leixia cant compete by sheer numbers.

Then of course your statement about missing JFs is pure nonsense again. Only "missed" JF that can get you punished is a Twister that is late which of course is your own fault then. He doesnt have to use 1B:B at all and FC3B:B JF is easy mode in any way, you just dont miss that. Its like pressing BB. In general you dont use it when your opponent steps the second hit of Auto GIs/JGs. If you miss a JF in a combo you wont get punished at all.

Also you dont understand im talking about good Soul Calibur players, not about mediocre players who play mediocre Alphas. I dont worry about them, trust me. When a top player perfects his Alpha play there is not much to do. He gets retarded damage on any read, on unsafe moves, on ducked highs + he can play a completely safe offense with 66B,33B and throws. The only risk is ducked throws, but you better not duck against Alpha.

Alpha gets double damage on any read than Leixia does, he even gets way more damage than other Top Tier characters. He is the most damaging character in the history of Soul Calibur i guess. The reason we dont see him win tournaments is because not many people play him. Then again how many Violas have won tournaments, how many Cervantes or Mitsus? Also the weekend a japanese player owned the competition with Alpha, Whoaazz just won again. Maxou is raping the best french players with ease.

We better pray not more top players pick this character. He is not an auto-win so i dont care about medium players, but when two equal top players face each other and one plays Alpha, Alpha will win.

In a traditional double elimination tournament, when you lose once, you are bumped down to a second bracket with people who have also lost once. The second round of losers is the second set of fights after 1 set of people have been eliminated twice (once in winners, once in losers).
Oh wait, that was the 2nd round of Loser's Brackets, as in the 2nd set of matches in Loser's. I somehow misunderstood that as "They've lost once in Loser's already, now there's a 3rd bracket". In my defense, I'd just woken up.

You did really well there, Zero. Much better than in the last set of videos you put up. Your game against Woahhzz was heartbreaking. You made a lot of good reads - reads that would have probably won you the match with another character.
I agree wholeheartedly.

I have a few questions, though, ZeroEffect:
Does 4A+B not beat everything Nightmare has from Grimstride? Because sometimes you didn't 4A+B him on reaction. Also, once you backstepped after CH 66BB brain fart or were you planning something that just didn't come out?

I always forget about WS A as a low punish... I have to keep that in mind here though.

THAT was it! I knew she had to have something after blocking NSS A other than CE. I was thinking 44A, but 3B+K is just fine.

Well, he may a little bit much and definitely one of Lexy's worst matchups, but honestly, Woahhzz just outplayed me in the crucial moments.

Now I am currently analyzing this match with Woahhzz to see how I could've won. I feel like my movement was on point, but my throw attempts kept getting punished too hard. Should've broke A throws more too, since he never even tries the B command throw. and uh... I should start punishing re-GIs harder with 44[A] or 2B+K.

I just rewatched your match against Alpha. Just watch the final round of the first Match. He catched you backstepping, got one ch 33B Combo. Then he ducked a throw. Thats it. You were dead at that point. One 2K away from losing. Thats why he is broken. I cannot see how this is even debatable. First 33B is pretty damn safe to throw out in that situation, then he had one correct read.

Now watch the first round of the second match:

You hit him 8 times in that round. One of that a launcher, one 66BB into Combo. He kept on ducking on your offense etc, no risk involved. He ate a lot of pokes, 2A, BB etc.

He wins by hitting you 3 times basically. One 8A+B, One ch 33B, one FC 3B:B BE and one JF Twister for a ducked move, and he even MISSED his combo. With that he wouldnt even need the 8A+B. It goes on like that. If you would play like he did that round (ducking all the time), you would have been dead in 10 seconds max. Just go through the rounds and count how often he has to hit you to win. Its 3 or 4 times, including whiffed combos and not even going for best combos.

Do you think you deserved to lose those round? And how much risk did he had to take for his damage? You know he is using like 80% of the damage he can get, no double JFTs etc. Actually its even WORSE than that when the Alpha has the execution.

This is unwinnable for Leixia, dont bother too much. Only thing you didnt do too well is punishing his whiffed 66Bs, 33Bs etc. Also in first Match you whiffed to much moves and ate 33B.

Whoaazz is a clever player, he knows when to be defensive and when to attack. Im sure he can win with a lot of characters, but he WILL win with Alpha.

Here's a match from ECT... So i'd like other specifics. Ty~
Well Ingage... you're in luck. I happen to know this matchup inside and out due to several games with JJJ (the guy who your opponent's style was based on)

- First thing is Ezio doesn't really have a strong Mid/Low mixup game. So if you're not sure what to do defensively, just block and try to break the B throw over the A. (The A throw does a bit more damage but the B puts you right at his feet for wakeup stuff...) if you want to move around at range, step right and/or B+K to avoid random arrows.

- Second, Ezio's 66BB can be stepped to the right side, or Just Guarded for a full 3B punish. (just guarding is easier, imo) If you block the BE version it's a GB and gives him a lot of advantage.

- Third, Ezio has a few moves that put himself far away after you block them like 22K or the stomp on hit. If this happens, don't always attack right away since you're in range of his CE. Also, if the Stomp hits, Ezio is actually at -17 so you can 6KK him for free afterward. 3B won't reach.

- You can use 44B+K aGI in this match a bit too after moves like 3A+B, and 66AA on block, or 2K on hit. This will keep Ezio from using 3B retaliations.

And most importantly, you also need to spend meter more freely. (I had this problem myself earlier on so don't feel bad) Leixia builds meter pretty fast so unless you want it for after a guard burst or to start the next round, you should always use it after launches.

@docrizzo
i think what you fail to notice is that most of alpha good stuff are all linear.
he has no real fast mid step killers.
you speak of 33b or 236 3b both of those are so easy to step.
the only thing i can say thats track a little is 66b.
people complaining about him dont know how to play the match up.
leixia has much better tools than alpha in close, better step killers.
why are so many players so damage obsessed?
every thing your concerned about damage this damage that.
i dont take much of what you say serious, because your own way of determining tier list is who does the most damage.
that is a very wrong way to compare how two characters will do when they face of in the hands of equally skilled players.
yes the damage difference is huge but both characters are great in close and leixia has the better tools in close combat.
yes you can frame trap alpha just like any other character. yes he has JFT but unless you want to hang your life bar on the line i wouldn't try abusing it.
i also tested this out and 66k beats jft unless jft hits before 66k is activated it will lose out.
what you fail to realize is that no smart alpha will try jft to punish a move -14 and below because ist just not worth the risk.
fc 3B:B is so easy to step its not even funny plus if yu miss the jf on 1b:b thats a free launcher.
daishi did say he was the best in the game an alpha was made to be the best by the developers.
but this comes at a prize.

I have a few questions, though, ZeroEffect:
Does 4A+B not beat everything Nightmare has from Grimstride? Because sometimes you didn't 4A+B him on reaction. Also, once you backstepped after CH 66BB brain fart or were you planning something that just didn't come out?

4A+B beats 22AA and everything from 22AA6~GS except GS A. But most nightmares don't want to GS A afterwards every time since it's unsafe. After CH 66BB I did the CE input and didn't have the meter, lol...

Nah I hear you man, believe me. I only say he outplayed me in the crucial moments, when the lifebars were evened out and we both needed a solid read to take control of the round. Then of course, there were rounds he just blew me up like it was free due to the damage, lol. (Woahhzz even said to me he felt bad about how he won certain rounds because of how OP his throw damage was)

But I mean, unless I invest my time into playing aPat myself, how many other characters could I do any better with? He'd still only need those 3 or 4 good hits to win, just like any Cervy player does. But switching at that point would mean I'd have to fight Woahhzz off with a character I'm less familiar with. It's a dumb, retarded matchup, (hopefully 33B and twister get nerfed... also, aPat doesn't lose to anyone really...) but at this point I'm more or less trying to play Woahhzz rather than Alpha.

hahahahaha I think most of the time thernovator is trolling people.

I actually thought the same. The stuff he posts is so stupid it could be a troll account of an actual good player or something. Somebody needs to check his IP. Its so wrong it seriously almost made me laugh, its quite funny to read that. Its like satire. The fact he writes my name wrong is just top tier trolling, gotta hand that to him.

Or maybe it IS YOU? That would be a clever move to hide more Mods from checking. But are YOU THAT CLEVER? I DOUBT IT.

Somebody check Partisans IP and compare to Therenovator plz.
What if... what if it's multiple mods sharing that account to troll? The mods who don't use the account are actually in on it. We will never know!

I'm sure someone actually asked for a damage BUFF to Natsu recently, lol.
I was at ranbats at Arcade Legacy, and I played against a skilled Natsu player who had for some reason switched to Patroklos (not Alpha). I asked him why, and he told me that Natsu wasn't doing enough damage.

He told ME, a Leixia player, that he was unsatisfied with Natsu's damage.

I legimitately yelled at him. I wasn't straight up angry; I was laughing, but I was yelling at him at the same time. You know, the whole "rofl, are you insane?!" deal. And everyone watching was cracking up at me blowing up on him.

Well Ingage... you're in luck. I happen to know this matchup inside and out due to several games with JJJ (the guy who your opponent's style was based on)

- First thing is Ezio doesn't really have a strong Mid/Low mixup game. So if you're not sure what to do defensively, just block and try to break the B throw over the A. (The A throw does a bit more damage but the B puts you right at his feet for wakeup stuff...) if you want to move around at range, step right and/or B+K to avoid random arrows.

- Second, Ezio's 66BB can be stepped to the right side, or Just Guarded for a full 3B punish. (just guarding is easier, imo) If you block the BE version it's a GB and gives him a lot of advantage.

- Third, Ezio has a few moves that put himself far away after you block them like 22K or the stomp on hit. If this happens, don't always attack right away since you're in range of his CE. Also, if the Stomp hits, Ezio is actually at -17 so you can 6KK him for free afterward. 3B won't reach.

- You can use 44B+K aGI in this match a bit too after moves like 3A+B, and 66AA on block, or 2K on hit. This will keep Ezio from using 3B retaliations.

And most importantly, you also need to spend meter more freely. (I had this problem myself earlier on so don't feel bad) Leixia builds meter pretty fast so unless you want it for after a guard burst or to start the next round, you should always use it after launches.

Thanks zero, the only match ups i'm really familiar with are Viola (my secondary), Raphy ( because of YounFox) and Maxi/Cervy (IcyChains). So this is some good info for me. I need to attack more and burn more meter. It's a SF4/MvC thing i'm used to saving meter for a while.

Back