Lexy's Guard Burst Data

ZeroEffect317

[13] Hero
Compiling a list of Leixia's Guard Burst moves. I feel like this is very key to her game due to her lack of fast lows.

*UPDATED FOR LATEST PATCH*
Key: old data~Current data
-If previous number is YELLOW, the move was stronger before the patch and got NERFED.
-If previous number is RED, the move was weaker before the patch and got BUFFED.
- If previous number is Normal Color, there was NO CHANGE to that move.

Breaks in more than 13
15~15 - 1A (Safe)
15~15 - 1K (Safe)
15~15 - WS K (Safe)

Breaks in 13
13~13 - 1B (Safe)
13~13 - 66B (Safe)
13~13 - 22_88kA (Unsafe)
13~13 - FC A+B (Safe)

Breaks in 12
12.5~12.5 - 1KK (Safe; crushes on 1st hit only)
12.5~12.5 - 6B+K (Safe; crushes on 1st hit only)
12~12 - 3B (Unsafe)
12~12 - 22_88B (Unsafe)
12~12 - 3B+K (Safe)
12~12 - 1B+K (Safe)
11~12 - 6A+B (Safe)

Breaks in 11
20~11.5 - A+B (Unsafe; crushes on 1st hit only)
11~11 - 4B (both hits) (Safe)
11~11 - FC 3BB (advantage on block)
10~11 - FC 3B (Unsafe to -10 only)

Breaks in 10
10.5~10.5 - 22_88kA,A (Unsafe) (crushes on 1st hit only)
10~10 - 9B+K (Safe)
10~10 - Critical Edge (Unsafe; costs meter)

Breaks in less than 10
9~9 - 44K (Safe)
8~9 - 3B+KK (2nd hit only) (Safe)
8.5~8.5 - 66BB (both hits) (Safe, but 2nd hit can be stepped/GIed; crushes on 1st hit only)
8~8 - 44B (Unsafe)
8~8 - WS B (Unsafe)
8~8 - 2B+K (advantage on block; *AA is still guaranteed)
8~8 - AA(BE) (Safe; costs meter; last hit can be stepped or GIed; crushes on last hit only)
7.5~7.5- 44[A] (both hits) (Safe on block, but 2nd hit can be ducked; crushes on 1st hit only)
13~7.5 - {A+B} (both hits) (Unsafe, 2nd hit can be stepped; crushes on either hit)
7~7 - 6BaB (2nd hit only) (Advantage on block; but slow and interruptible)
7~7 - 44aB (Advantage on block; but slow and interruptible)
6 and a third - 4BB (Safe on block; but can be GIed; stepped either side; crushes on 1st & last hit)
6~6- 6BaB (both hits) (Advantage on block; but slow and interruptible)
6~6 - AA(BE)K (point blank; costs meter; advantage on block, can be GIed and interruptible)
6~6 - 22_88kA,A,K (Safe) (crushes on 1st and last hit)
5~5 - 66BbB (Advantage on block; but can be stepped either side/interrupted)
5~5 - 4BbK (Advantage on block; but can be stepped either side/interrupted. crushes on 1st & last hit. AA is still guaranteed)

There's probably some moves missing, but I tried to only include up to 13. Anything more than that is useless for Guard Burst purposes in my opinion.

You can't break guard with certain moves. They will eventually bring the gauge down to zero but never actually crush. After 10 33BBs, their gauge is as red as possible, but more 33BBs won't do it. Other examples are 2B, 6B, 4A, 2A+B, and 3A+B.

**PATCH 1.02 CHANGES**
- 9B doesn't Guard Crush anymore; patch severely nerfed its gauge dmg (25+ blocks)​
- 33B (1st hit) no longer Guard Crushes, After 10 33BBs, any other GC move breaks​
- 6KK doesn't Guard Crush anymore. After 11 6KKs, any other GC move breaks​
- 66K doesn't Guard Crush anymore. Takes about 18~19 blocks just to get them red​
- 4A+B doesn't Guard Crush anymore. After 10 4A+Bs (both hits) any other GC move breaks​
- WS B(BE) doesn't Guard Crush at all anymore; patch severely nerfed gauge dmg (12 blocks just to get them red; used to break in 7)​
- 44{A} has been reduced in speed by a few frames. This renders most of her GC moves useless now for setting up 44{A} combos. Moves affected are: 1A, 44A, 1B, 1K, 22kA, and 3B+K,K(2nd hit). You still get 44{A} combos off of: 44K, WS K, and 1B+K GCs​

*POST GUARD BURST OPTIONS:
- 8B+K, BT B+K, 33BB - 71 dmg (all guaranteed)
- 8B+K, BT B+K, WS B(BE), BT B+K - 85 dmg (Opponent can tech before WS B(BE) hits)
- 8B+K, BT B+K, 2B+K(Quake), *Tech Trap* AA(BE), 3B, 1B - 114 dmg (tech traps all directions; nothing if they lie there)
- 8B+K, BT B+K, 2B+K(Quake), *Tech Trap* AA(BE), 3B, 3B+K - 123 dmg (tech traps all directions; nothing if they lie there)

*POST GUARD BURST OPTION (with CE available):
- 66BB, CE - 95 dmg
*No reason to use anything else midscreen after breaking with something besides 1B+K, WS K, or 44K.

*44[A] GUARD BURST SETUPS:
*Specific Guard Bursts grant you 44[A] as a followup combo.
- 44[A], AA(BE), 3B, 3B+K - 96 dmg (best for damage, and flip followup pending)
- 44[A], AA(BE), 3B, 1B - 93 dmg (best for wakeup game)

*Moves that give the "faster" Burst recovery are: 44K, WS K, second hit of 3B+KK and 1B+K.
- WS K is the fastest move but are mostly linear.
- 1B+K evades linear moves. A bit faster than 44K
- 44K breaks the fastest

*You generally want to make these three moves your go-to guard burst moves, as they give you a guaranteed 44[A]. Easily her best option. They're all safe, so you don't have to become as predictable with the same move all the time.

8 of 44K to break guard. 8 44K and any hit if done really fast. Not sure why it's like that.

After practicing Just Guarding a little bit, I'm seeing that Leixia has a few strings that either can't be just guarded in between, or leave her relatively safe if they are. (Ex: FC3BB Just guarded only grants a stab punish if they're right on point.)

The only major exception being the aB feints. If someone can react to them with JG, they can punish her otherwise plus on block move. It's still a risk since if they fail they either get hit or they are still forced to block and be at -7. aB feints shouldn't be used much against a knowledgeable opponent anyway, so I don't think this should be a major issue.

So I have been working on a different side of this. How do you do the most damage post break and what moves work to setup those combos? Here is what I found so far:

8B+K, BT B+K, 33B,B - 70 No special conditions, if you don't know what to do use this

Works from everything

44[A], A,A BE, 3B, 1B - 93 damage and subject to your ender of choice, I just prefer the wakeup from 1B

This only works after specific moves that break such as FC 3bB and 66B (be careful not to buffer the 44A too fast or you will get 66B~4)

1A, A,A BE, 3B W! 3B+K W!, FC 3B, 1B 121 only works with wall behind opponent. No wall means 1A pushes them too far away for AA to connect.

This seems to work from everything, you just need the wall.

1A, A,A BE, 3B W! 3B+K W!, FC 3B, 1B 121 only works with wall behind opponent. No wall means 1A pushes them too far away for AA to connect.

I default to 4K near a wall, but it's essentially the same combo. 4K W!, AA(BE), 3B W!, 4A+B, 3B for 100 something (forgot the actual number but it's over a hundred) or you could opt to substitute the 3B for FC 3BB on their wakeup. about 60 more damage if it hits, or +8 if they guard.

I was about to revise that combo, it's pretty inconsistent because you need to be so close to the wall
and 1A into 3B W! or 3B+K W! are both similar damage

It's wierd, if you air control to the sides and don't try to get up blocking it will whiff... But if you air control in just about any direction and block you can't get away from it

Guard Bursting with 44K seems to be the best option, because you can get the full CH 44[A] combo pretty easily without worrying about the Auto GI from 44B/66B.

[A+B] Breaks in 13

A+B won't ever break and takes like 25+ to make it turn red.

Which explains why the delay still exists without SXS or the GB. You -want- them to guard it. The uncharged version is unsafe, but there's no data in the frame data thread for the charged version... does anyone know how to check that? Because I have no idea. If it's magically safe on guard it might be worth looking into this move... would be better if it launched high enough for a 3B+K though. AH well, you can still 3B and CE.

The charged version is just as unsafe as the regular version. The only real use for it that I've found is that it looks just like 1B. So people trying to attack after get hit with the 2nd hit.

The charged version is just as unsafe as the regular version. The only real use for it that I've found is that it looks just like 1B. So people trying to attack after get hit with the 2nd hit.
Yeah the frame data is the same. I think it looks like 1B too, but no-one ever falls for it. Ever
8 of 44K to break guard. 8 44K and any hit if done really fast. Not sure why it's like that.
Almost every attack in the game is like this. For many attacks, against a guarding opponent, if you do them repeatedly as fast as possible, it will take one extra hit to Guard Burst than if you pause a little between each strike
It's wierd, if you air control to the sides and don't try to get up blocking it will whiff... But if you air control in just about any direction and block you can't get away from it
Yes that's true. This is another reason to use 1B after a launch, because FC 3B becomes a force block. It's really nice in certain situations, especially near a wall / with flashing red meter

Back