LittleBigPlanet!!

SCEE has just confirmed to VG247 that shipped LittleBigPlanet units are to be recalled on a global level thanks to a licensed track in the game containing two “expressions” from the Qur’an.

CEE has made a just made a statement on the issue, saying the game will be delayed as a result of the issue, but hasn’t confirmed a new release date as yet:

The Terrorists win

Well, here's some bad news. Religious fanatics thought they heard something so Sony is falling on its knees apologising and delaying maybe their biggest systemseller yet.

Edit: ChopperMan beat me to it. There's some speculation on Assassin's Creed as well. That explains the shitty story and abrupt and weird ending.

LBP has 6hrs single player, multiplayer doesn't work really well due to awkward camera and i don't have time to create every blade of grass for custom content. the game is great, but not for me.

The great thing is you can just download the levels from people who do have that time.

I'm still on the bench myself though. I will probably wait and get Fallout 3 first.

I think the game has unlimited potential for humor. I have a bunch of ideas on how to implement injokes among my friends and I into a stage.

but at the end of the day I don't really want to spend 60 bucks on a map maker.

I'll probably get it later when it's cheaper, there's more awesome shit to download, and there are more fanmade guides on how to do shit.

I wouldn't be surprised. This isn't the first time Wal-Mart ignored recalls. When GTA:SA was recalled due to "Hot Coffee" and when DBZ:Budokai 3 Greatest Hits was recalled for forgeting the extra features, they still sold them. Now if I only had the money to buy Little Big Planet. >_<

lol I showed this game to a lot of different people. they all love the way the game is and how it is played... I would not be surprised if more people buy a ps3 for this...

Topic revival

Got LBP friday. I <3 this game. My SoCal online activity has been put to a halt because of this game. Haven't even gotten around to playing online yet and I'm already hooked. I'm currently running through story mode (the levels and music are awesome). I'm also pleased with how they handled defeating bosses and enemies without actually having a attack ala old skool 2D platformer style. Once I complete story mode I'm going to start making my own levels. I'm very pleased that this game lived up to what it promised.

Fun Fact: This game (while fun going solo) is priceless when you're playing with friends.

Soul Calibur themed level, anyone? :P

Pretty sure it can be done.

Anyway, more LBP fun.

Pretty awesome yah?

One of these days I'm going to sit down and really mess around with the stage builder to get a feel for how everything works (the tutorials can only inform you so much). I'm currently trying to 100% complete all the stages.

The level builder is sooo extensive, I'm just taking it bit by bit. Build a simple level first then move up. Still trying to get 100% on all the levels cause I want all the items.

What did everyone think of the Bunker level? Everyone was saying how hard it was but I was a bit disappointed, I thought it'd be much harder. The big wheel was a bit dizzying but I got past it without dying once.

If you don't have even the smallest liking to little big planet, i must say you have no soul. Even the manliest of men who would take a liking to how customizable your sackboy/sackgirl is. and if that doesn't get them, the music and levels themselves will. Even the introduction/credits level was amazing, and all you did was jump around and read the creator's names. that was very creative on their part, the only credits i actually had fun reading/playing through.

I mean, my sackboy is a star-glasses wearing zombie-skinned sackboy sporting a sumbrero and a superman cape. thats fucking awesome! and when he dances it looks like he is playing guitar hero. i definitely think it has lived up to the hype, and if anyone doesn't liek it it must be because they don't understand what the point of the game is. i wouldn't even consider it a 2d side-scroller/platformer. if anything, its moderately an MMO, its meant to be played with other people. And the music? omg! i loved how they incorporated then style of music depending on what level you are on. that first mexican stage's music is really catchy and it fits the stage perfectly.

Just yesterday, i'll never forget that memorable moment of that one level where there are firey bulls passing through and me and my friend were about to jump across. BUT i had to be an asshole and as he was standing on the edge, i went up and smacked him and he fell into the fire and died. so i got on the 2nd bull and he caught up to me but he didnt smack me. instead, as i jumped he held R1 and dragged me down into the fire with him and we both died and had to start the level over. Shit was hilarious! its definitely a game that must be experienced with friends or other people. you guys don't even know. A MUST PLAY, i wonder what they are going to do for the psp version.

Anyone made any levels?

My level: 9thBackyard
Almost impossible to find levels through search, so befriend me if you want.

Edit: Changed the name to make it easier to find in search.

Yo! Anyone who plays this game... we need to friendup and HEART each other and our levels...

I've got 3 levels, but they are complete crap... but I would still appreciate it if people would heart them and my username... I hate these community trophies.

Back