Lizzy's GI in Crawl Stance?

kingbastek

[08] Mercenary
I was just wondering if Lizzy's GI in Crawl Stance (CS A+B) had the same window and a regular GI. If so, I will definately start utilizing this more because I never use it. Is this a really useful move and do you guys use it at all?

I think it might be a little bit bigger, but I'm not sure since I haven't tested it. But LC A+B is definitely a good defensive tool to use when you think you're going to get punished.

It also works well if you're in BT LC, alot of people have a tendency to punish you with BB after blocking your BT LC B+K, so using it then can be quite effective too.

edit: btw LC (Lizard Crawl) is the common acronym used for his crawling stance.

yea its a good mix-up and pretty easy to pull off. suprising too

but im not sure if you should have made a new topic about it.....

Oh sorry I guess I should have just posted in the general Lizzy strategies thread. Ill have to test this out in training to see if there is any delay or if its hard to do against quick attacks or something. It will help a lot against my cousin because he usually gets nervous when I go into Crawl Stance and just starts to slash away to try to get me out of it. Maybe using this will help me stay in LC a little longer.

IMO this auto GI is extremely useful

examples:
LC A (blocked) > A+B will GI 2As/fast junk that isn't low (which you can't do anything about)
LC A hit (or blocked I guess) > delayed A+B will beat the average 8B or similar jump move. alter your timing based on the speed of the enemy character jump attack.

You can LC A+B against 2A? I thought the GI only worked against vertical attacks? I thought it didn't work against most kicks and horizontals?

As far as I know it works against "mids" regardless of what type of mid that might be. It most certainly works against s-low 2As.

sadly, after the GI you don't get any free damage, you just get a mixup (not sure what mixup would be best here yet). but hey, the auto GI will damage their soul meter a bit, and you get a mixup instead of getting hit, so I think it's hella good

Back