LM to his fullest

ZedzDead

[08] Mercenary
LM is my main and i fair quite well w/ him on a high level (i do have my bad days tho). i am very disappointed at every vid i see w/ LM where he doesnt capitalize on all his useful pokes and damaging combos. his 6+B is a fantastic and very annoying little poke, his 3+K comes out quick and just as annoying as astoroth's knee or sigs front kick. i never see anyone online or otherwise using him effectively. i play player match almost 80% of time only going to rank when that is dead. but if there are any really good LM players out there please look me up on LIVE tag: ZedzDead. i challenge anyone to a friendly game or 2 using LM. if anything, playing other LM players may show me some other avenues of total beatdowns i can deliver. i am always trying to learn new tactics and approaches w/ him. see you guys and gals online. zedz

i'd like to know what "damaging" combos you arent seeing. 11B 6[K] 44[K] LCA is pretty standard and some of his biggest non stun combo damage. it doesnt get much better than 3B 33A+B either.

are you talking about shitty stun combos from 66A or B+K?

i may play with you online some night to show you a few things.

please, i welcome you. i would love to learn a thing or two. i may even show you a few. the only vids ive come across were mainly from this site and youtube. maybe 20 vids total. maybe i just found nothing but average LM players. i dont rely on stun combos in the least, but if one starts you bet your ass i'm taking it. look me up tag: ZedzDead

Yeah, that Oofmatic is totally average compared to all of the other people he beat at NEC ;)

i'd like to know what "damaging" combos you arent seeing. 11B 6[K] 44[K] LCA is pretty standard and some of his biggest non stun combo damage. it doesnt get much better than 3B 33A+B either.

are you talking about shitty stun combos from 66A or B+K?

i may play with you online some night to show you a few things.

i'm still waiting on you to come "show" me a few things. i still havent seen anything in any hi level LM videos or online that i dont do already. like i said i stay pretty busy w/ LM. i will either play him w/ broken moves, very choppy attacks and delays, or straight flowing play style. and the whole point of this thread to bring attn to LM's 6B and 3K moves and to capitalize on them (which i still dont see anyone ever use) and never mentioned a thing about shitty stun combos.

i looked up OOFMATIC's LM vids. great stuff, but seems just above average for what LM is capable of. he is basically doing what he needs to get the job done. not a putdown in the slightest mind you guys, but as anyone who looks at someone elses vids or matches its easy to see alot of missed opportunity in his play style. the only move i use the least is LM's 33B~B as of course its very hard to pull off consistently. the only chance i have to use this coveted move is after a knockdown, or a clean stun hit. other than that i use every move he has pretty often w/ 66K, 4B+K~G, 1A,K, and 44A,B being my bread and butter

ZedzDead

lol at that last post. if you can get on a ps3 add me and i'll play you. and obviously when your playing you might not always be able to capitalize on every opportunity. thats just how the game goes you cant be perfect . find a PS3 and add KTOFF. we'll play

Zedzdead
Play offline competition, some tourneys etc and prove your metal, noone will take you seriously otherwise.
btw 1AK, 44AB are very unimpressive attacks. Especially 1AK which is slow and unsafe as hell. If that's your bread and butter, you need to examine his moveset again. Also 33B :B is an easy jf.

Zedzdead
Play offline competition, some tourneys etc and prove your metal, noone will take you seriously otherwise.
btw 1AK, 44AB are very unimpressive attacks. Especially 1AK which is slow and unsafe as hell. If that's your bread and butter, you need to examine his moveset again. Also 33B :B is an easy jf.

Erm. :3::3::B:::B: is easy? So the threads in this forum, saying "timing changes based on who you do it on, their angle and distance, don't bother, not worth the effort" are wrong? Or do you have a good setup for it that removes this problem? (I'll admit that the combos you can get out of it are pretty darn cool, but the just timing seems to make them fairly impractical.)

-Montoli

Erm. :3::3::B:::B: is easy? So the threads in this forum, saying "timing changes based on who you do it on, their angle and distance, don't bother, not worth the effort" are wrong? Or do you have a good setup for it that removes this problem? (I'll admit that the combos you can get out of it are pretty darn cool, but the just timing seems to make them fairly impractical.)

-Montoli

It's not worth the effort imo, not cuz of the difficulty but cuz 33B is just not a good move. You just press B when the 33B hits. As the case with all those type of jfs, nothing complicated about it at all. I don't play lizard but i can land this +75% of the time unlike many other jfs.

supposedly you can do 33 B:B and grab opponents out of the air, like after a 44B launch. I tried and tried and tried but couldn't get it to work.

Can anyone confirm this?

supposedly you can do 33 B:B and grab opponents out of the air, like after a 44B launch. I tried and tried and tried but couldn't get it to work.

Can anyone confirm this?
Yes, it can grab out of the air. I play Lizzy, and I avoid doing it because of it's difficulty. Just saying.

Yeah, as far as I know CH 44A,B is the only move where grabbing them out of the air is 100 percent possible as long as you get the timing down. I think the other launchers depend on distance.

CH 44A,B and A+B allow the 33BB to land.
44B, 3B or a LC A+K,B it doesn't.
Off a 3B your next best is probably 33A+B

Also, off LC A+K,B_44B You might want to try using 33[A] as a juggle.
You will end up at crawl right in their faces while they are on the ground, brilliant mixup/pressure position.

i'm still waiting on you to come "show" me a few things. i still havent seen anything in any hi level LM videos or online that i dont do already. like i said i stay pretty busy w/ LM. i will either play him w/ broken moves, very choppy attacks and delays, or straight flowing play style. and the whole point of this thread to bring attn to LM's 6B and 3K moves and to capitalize on them (which i still dont see anyone ever use) and never mentioned a thing about shitty stun combos.

i looked up OOFMATIC's LM vids. great stuff, but seems just above average for what LM is capable of. he is basically doing what he needs to get the job done. not a putdown in the slightest mind you guys, but as anyone who looks at someone elses vids or matches its easy to see alot of missed opportunity in his play style. the only move i use the least is LM's 33B~B as of course its very hard to pull off consistently. the only chance i have to use this coveted move is after a knockdown, or a clean stun hit. other than that i use every move he has pretty often w/ 66K, 4B+K~G, 1A,K, and 44A,B being my bread and butter

ZedzDead

1. you said in your original post that "i am very disappointed at every vid i see w/ LM where he doesnt capitalize on all his useful pokes and damaging combos." this would imply you use better combos than what you are seeing. i posted some of his more damaging guaranteed combos, and asked what you werent seeing. any more damage and you are getting into stun combo territory or something off of an impractical move(6K CH, 66B+KAB CH).

2. 3K and 6B. 3K is amazing, and is widely used. the speed and + frames from it cannot be ignored. it is a staple in my game and many other liz players. dont judge by what you see on vids. 6B on the other hand is not as useful in my eyes. its biggest use in my eyes is as a low punisher. there are quite a few situations where you block a low or are put into FC where 6B will punish for the best damage. there is some great utility when using 6B in this way. other than that, eh its ok. there are other things you could do at that range. it doesnt even RO on CH anymore which was my main reason for using it.

3. your bread and butter moves are pretty garbage. unless you play solely online. then i could see 1AK being alright. even so, why use 4B+KG over 4B+K for the SG damage, or 4[B+K] for the + frames and LC transition.
66K is mad unsafe(which again doesnt matter online) there are better TC options, and if you want forward RO 2B confirm the CH K is safer by far and can even be mixed with 2B A+G to some effect. 44AB isnt bad but not to be abused.

4. i dont think luz has any "broken moves" which ones do you think are.

5. finally yeah i havent been at my house lately. been busy with work and i have a GF who i stay with for a few days at a time. when i make it back to my house i'll be sure to look you up on live. maybe i'll even send you a PM to let you know when i'll be on.

if i play you online i actually dont expect to beat you. i hate online as it totally screws the way i play. i find it to be mindless and random. so if you are expecting "matches" you can forget it. but if you want to exchange ideas and see what i have to teach you then we'll be alright.

what you are saying is true to a point, but 6B on a stun is a great knockdown poke to set up your next offense. it has very little start up and just as little recover and is very easy to react w/ this particular move to actually get a stun. and no i do not play tournaments only w/ some local friends and alot of online play. i know there is a vast difference between online and local but i take what i can get and have a great time doing it as it is all in fun too right? yes, please do add me to your list as i always like to learn from other LM players. i think i have the most "fun" playing as him than the others.

what i meant by broken moves was just the play style itself. not flowing.

kAb : I actually like 4B+K~G
It has incredibly good range and a HUGE hitbox, allowing to close-in on turtles who are waiting for you to whiff.
Most of the time, you will clash with whatever they throw out. If they block it. All they get is a grounded poke (if any at all) If they screw up their ground poke (and do like.. maybe AA, thinking they blocked 4B+K) you can abuse their whiff with an off the ground mixup (get up and throw or WS B etc.)

Again, its not THE move, but it compliments 4B+K well, more so than 4[B+K] does even.

Back