LM to his fullest

I'll confess that I really like the whole range of options you get off of 4B+K attacks. I frequently play a friend who plays X, and so ending up in LC at close range is often an invitation to be low thrown. And 4B+K has some serious disadvantage. While 4B+K~G does leave you open to ground hits, it's nice because with it, you now have THREE different positions that you can end up in after the move, two of which avoid highs and many mids, and each of which has different properties if you want to try to punish it.

Also, even though it's crazy-risky, I love getting ring outs with 4B+K~G.

Also, even though it's crazy-risky, I love getting ring outs with 4B+K~G.

i love that ringout option. i like to set it up w/ the A+K and pray they dont shake it, 44B then go into a 44A,B going straight into the 4B+K~G getting you a very nice ringout. the combo travels enough distance to bring most opponents close enough to the edge w/o you going over. but yes, 4B+K~G is the icing on the combo.

Zedzdead
Play offline competition, some tourneys etc and prove your metal, noone will take you seriously otherwise.
btw 1AK, 44AB are very unimpressive attacks. Especially 1AK which is slow and unsafe as hell. If that's your bread and butter, you need to examine his moveset again. Also 33B :B is an easy jf.
wow, ok, why dont you come pull this off on me consistently, then i will eat those words. and if you think 44A,B is unimpressive, then you are not using this move correctly if at all. actually, i hardly ever use 1A,K and agree that it is unsafe. i use 88/22K much more than 1A,K. but let me guess, that move is garbage too right?
lol @ this guy who started the thread...my 3-day lizzy would tear him apart...

thats funny^^

btw, for anyone who tells me again that the only way to prove myself (or even discuss damn LM combos) and take me seriously is thru tournaments and offline play, just go ahead and call yourselves pricks. i am 33 yrs old and have a family. sorry, but i do not attend tournaments, i do not cosplay, and i dont live in my parents basement. i will take playing SC4 any way i can even if it is mainly online play. and i'm still waiting for LIVE invites. i would have thought that the elitists that were telling me how garbage my combos are would have tried to show me by now. Zedz

supposedly you can do 33 B:B and grab opponents out of the air, like after a 44B launch. I tried and tried and tried but couldn't get it to work.

Can anyone confirm this?
CH 44A,B and A+B allow the 33BB to land.
44B, 3B or a LC A+K,B it doesn't.
Off a 3B your next best is probably 33A+B

Also, off LC A+K,B_44B You might want to try using 33[A] as a juggle.
You will end up at crawl right in their faces while they are on the ground, brilliant mixup/pressure position.

this is correct. these are the only options that allow for 33B:B to connect in the air. it seems as tho the jf window is smaller to me than a ground hit 33B:B. maybe i am wrong, but regardless i may throw this move out there if i ever find a practical opportunity like after a long stun. imo the reward does not exceed the risk to use alot.

Your LM seemed pretty good. Take into account though from our matches that I'm not very good.

You didn't seem to get into crawl enough.

btw, for anyone who tells me again that the only way to prove myself (or even discuss damn LM combos) and take me seriously is thru tournaments and offline play, just go ahead and call yourselves pricks. i am 33 yrs old and have a family. sorry, but i do not attend tournaments, i do not cosplay, and i dont live in my parents basement. i will take playing SC4 any way i can even if it is mainly online play. and i'm still waiting for LIVE invites. i would have thought that the elitists that were telling me how garbage my combos are would have tried to show me by now. Zedz

You'd be surprised, lots of people like you go to tournaments and gatherings.

Here's a vid of me fighting mitsu. It might not have enough 1A,K or 4B+K~G to your liking, but it does have some BB punishment and even a crawl JI. Enjoy, any feedback is appreciated

at 0:44~0:45 you did a 3A that looked almost like a variable cancel... wtf was that?

Practice the 11B~g 6K 44[K]~LC A combo, you landed the 11B at least a few times and missed out on some hefty free dmg. I miss this combo once in a while too, it's the timing on the G to turn around that I rush sometimes and it doesn't work :)

You really didn't use 3K at all, that's a superb move and shouldn't be forgotten. When you get into those little BB trades with mitsu, you know when you guard his BB and then do your BB and then he does his BB again.. well, instead of the BB try using the 3K, if you know the guy is going to guard, might as well throw something that is more advantageous.

Mitsus BB is i16 and -6 on guard

lizzys BB is i16 and -10 on guard

lizzys 3K is i15 and -4 on guard

Didn't see any 8[B+K] UB's tossed into the fray on oki, it's a quality move, especially after a throw. Not good to whore it, but it's still a good tool to use once in a while.

oh, btw.. 1AK is so unsafe...should be used sparingly, like on oki maybe. It slow enough too that you can almost hit confirm the 1A before inputting the K... like you should be able to see if it's going to land or not. Great damage on that one :D

at 0:44~0:45 you did a 3A that looked almost like a variable cancel... wtf was that?

Practice the 11B~g 6K 44[K]~LC A combo, you landed the 11B at least a few times and missed out on some hefty free dmg. I miss this combo once in a while too, it's the timing on the G to turn around that I rush sometimes and it doesn't work :)

You really didn't use 3K at all, that's a superb move and shouldn't be forgotten. When you get into those little BB trades with mitsu, you know when you guard his BB and then do your BB and then he does his BB again.. well, instead of the BB try using the 3K, if you know the guy is going to guard, might as well throw something that is more advantageous.

Mitsus BB is i16 and -6 on guard

lizzys BB is i16 and -10 on guard

lizzys 3K is i15 and -4 on guard

Didn't see any 8[B+K] UB's tossed into the fray on oki, it's a quality move, especially after a throw. Not good to whore it, but it's still a good tool to use once in a while.

oh, btw.. 1AK is so unsafe...should be used sparingly, like on oki maybe. It slow enough too that you can almost hit confirm the 1A before inputting the K... like you should be able to see if it's going to land or not. Great damage on that one :D

The thing you found at 0:45 I'm not sure about, I think it's actually a problem or lost frame with the youtube video (since the sound is also off from the video). I don't remember it happening weird like that when I played the match. What was weird was how come 3A didnt punish his 3B! ;] I was late I guess

Yea missed 11B combos definitely suck.. missed a couple in this match but shored it up by the last match, I don't think I missed any more in my later matches and grand finals.

3K hmm I'm still not sure. I see what you're saying about the frames of it, but it is about half the damage of BB so.. I dunno. Also mitsu's BB is i17 and lizardman's is i16, so I have an advantage in this matchup in particular. There were quite a few mitsu specific things I did in this match. You can whore unsafe -17 3B against mitsu for the most part, because his best open field punishment is just 6A.

Also I know 1A,K is terrible, I never use it. I was just poking fun at the original poster's "bread and butter" movelist.

go ahead and poke fun, its all in fun right. maybe i just said that b/c i dont use it enough and wanted anyone who read that to block low. whatever, i have fun playing this game and not for bragging rights. i get my ass handed to me just as much as i dish it out. the whole point of this worthless topic was that i hardly ever see anyone i have played or seen on a vid use LM's 6B move. Z

I use Lizardman's 6B move all the time. I love it! I consider myself to be pretty good with him, but I play offline against my cousin so its a lot more intense. I played online for a while (just to get to level 20 and get the honor for it), but I didnt really like it at all compared to offline. I dont know if its just me that has a shitty connection or something, but even the tiniest amount of lag can ruin a match for me since I am so used to offline and I like to GI two hit moves like Mitsu's 66B,B (Im not even sure thats the right move lol, but its the one where he swings up and then down and says "time to die!", its a pretty popular move online from what I played). GIing these moves doesnt work online for me. Anyways, yeah Lizardman's 6B has recently become my savior move because my cousin plays Amy and he likes to rush in with her B+K series moves which lead to some damaging combos (I just need to learn to shake stuns better and this wouldnt be too much of a problem). Anyways he's pretty annoyed with 6B because from our many matches against each other, Ive come to anticipate a rush from him so I throw it out there and he gets knocked back again lol. I'm SO glad it's a mid-hitting move!!

Back