Lol... 3DS XL...

Kenjitsu_Hokori

[10] Knight
Well Nintendo Strikes again and releases a new redesign for the Nintendo 3DS and dubbing it the 3DS XL. In Japan it will be called the 3DS LL.

Well Nintendo is known for redesigns... so here is the screens of it:

603181183.jpg

Is nintendo serious? I have a little god brother who owns all models of the DS and once he obtains the new model, he forgets the others. I swear to god if he gets this one...

When I first saw it, I was like 'lol that's one ugly piece of kit, Nintendo'. But then I took a second look, and realised there was no 2nd circle pad.

What.

How many games really need a second analog? Nice to have but really not needed when there isn't the library to take advantage of it.

Also, Nintendo will keep printing that paper.

Mario Tennis Open would no doubt be easier to play on the XL haha. On the original 3DS it was a wee bit of eye strain on the courts...

I cant wait to upgrade my AC Adapter to the AC Adapter XL Pro.

(For those who dont know: Nintendo aren't shipping this with a charger in Europe and Japan, which is a genius move really. Little Jimmy with his scratched up 3DS wanting to trade it in, He cant because he never got a DSi and needs the charger. Seriously though Fuck Nintendo. I love your games but Jesus you push it.)

45% bigger and no second analog stick which only means they're not making any serious pushes to use the one you can attach to the 3DS. Since I don't have one, I'll get this one eventually but it sucks for those who do have one because the difference in size looks pretty substantial.

If it has any new features exclusive to it, software related, I'm buying.

What of the battery life? Any significant difference?

AZ

To be honest, I'm not all that disappointed with no second analog. Not many games use it, and I kind of like it that way. Developers can't just be lazy and just the right circle pad for all kinds of stuff.

This isn't even meant to be an upgrade or anything like the DS to the DSi. It is more just another option in case someone want a larger screen with lower pixel density.

AC adapter is kind of weird. For someone who has never owned a DSi or a 3DS it is one more then they have to spend money on. A completely unreasonable thing. For me, I have three adapters that would work sitting around my house.

Seeing as I share my 3DS, I think I'll get one.

Back