Long Time Player

ThEoRy

[08] Mercenary
First time poster here just wanted to say hello. I've been playing Soul Calibur for quite some time now. Originally I had gotten quite serious with SC 1 and 2. First I mained with Hwang on 1 but when 2 came out he was no longer the same with assassin so I became inspired by my rival to pick up Taki and incorporate my own style into his teachings (asswhoopings) So I became extremely good at Taki on SC2 and never looked back. We played diligently for years until the epitome of mastery was reached. Blank minds simply reacting to a high speed game of chess. Perfect zone experience.

With SC3 being ps2 exclusive I skipped that one all together and didn't play for quite a while till 4 came out. While it was good, it just didn't harken back to those glory days of SC zen I felt with 2. I was pretty good at it but never really got back into that tournament mindset I once had. Just didn't feel the urge to really dig into the technical aspect I suppose. Maybe it was too slow or it could be because of my rivals cruddy internet speed, I dunno.

With 5 out now I've gotten pretty excited again. Though much has changed especially in regards to Taki, I'd like to try and get that tourney playstyle back again. I still try old strings and mixups that are no longer there but I'm sure that will fade with time. It is frustrating however to lose a round because I'm inputting commands that just don't work any longer, jump kkk or that second Y after WS Y on downed opponents for example. B,A,K is gone now too noooo! It was so automatic I can't help it sometimes, old habbits etc.

Hopefully I'll grow out of that and gain new insight into the deeper meanings of the game. I'd like to achieve kung fu again where moves are thoughtless reactions to situations. This game is an ever evolving learning process and I feel like I'm basically starting from scratch here. Maybe you all can help me out along the way.

So I'd like to say thanks for having a long time lurker on board for this new adventure. Hopefully we can arrange a few training sessions along the way. I would appreciate that very much.

Regards,
Rick Theory

Great first post.
Welcome to being part of the community, you ex lurker, you.
Natsu is the highest tier non-banned character in SCV according the the strategy guide.
I do think she's pretty tough to go against due to all her invincibility frames on teleport.
Anyway, hope you remain active as part of the community and contribute to Natsu's soul arena.

We are the pioneers of SCV now.
:P

Great first post.
Welcome to being part of the community, you ex lurker, you.
Natsu is the highest tier non-banned character in SCV according the the strategy guide.
I do think she's pretty tough to go against due to all her invincibility frames on teleport.
Anyway, hope you remain active as part of the community and contribute to Natsu's soul arena.

We are the pioneers of SCV now.
:P

Hey, thanks for the welcome! I'm still in practice mode basically, or what we used to call the "Hyperbolic Time Chamber". Where you only choose 1 character for at least 2-3 months straight until it becomes burned into your brain permanently. I guess all those years of playing, waiting, paid off now that Natsu appears to be top tier so far. I don't have anything to contribute to the development of player strategy yet unless you count enthusiasm lol. I'd like to get there though, it just takes time, practice. For now though it's good to be a part of this new journey and know I'm not the only person who's soul still burns!!!

Oh enthusiasm counts a lot. Just go to the soul arena of Natsu and post what you think about the character, or currently how you playing her. Her top 10 moves you use, wha throw setups are good...stuff like that. I'm arguing that everyone matters more than ever right now because nobody actually knows how to play the game....really exiting times to be playing :)

And yes you're not alone
:D

Back