Long time SC player, starting to get competitive.

YariX0083

[08] Mercenary
Hey guys, name's Lance/YariX0083 (the latter is my PSN ID). I've played SC since it came out on Dreamcast and have always bought new releases when they come out (aside from SC Legends or the PSP re-release). I never had the money to travel to events, but due to SC's broader appeal a lot more of my friends played. But now that SCV has it's GDLK netcode I'm finding the game much more enjoyable. Anyways, I've mained Kilik since SC1 and I'm really enjoying Xiba. So I hope to see you guys around in the forums.

Welcome to 8WayRun, Lance!
Glad to have you with us.

Nice to had a long time soul calibur fan finally sign up.
Why didn't you show up earlier?!
:P

Yes, the netcode of theis game is absolutely amazing.
I think I played some games with someone from france yesterday with minor lag issues...and I'm from california.
Xiba's mixups are pretty scary in this game. Make sure you go visit Xiba's soul arena and start making friends there.
You can learn so much in a short amount of time thanks to our dedicated fans and discussions.

See you in the forums!

Thanks!

I won't make any excuses, I never really looked for an online community for or anything FGC related until recently. I live in Colorado and there aren't too many big FGC in these parts, most are in Denver and Colorado Springs. I used to live in Springs and go as many events as I could, but at my current job I work nights, which is when all the events happen. That and when I was in high school my Mom refused to upgrade her internet from dial-up, so I was stuck with mooching off of friends for any sort of info regarding anything. Wasn't until late '08 that I moved out and could mooch off of a free wireless signal whilst I tried to get a job to pay for my own. During that time the only game that would run smoothly off of the unsecured signal was SFII HDR. I tried playing SCIV a few times, but the lag made it unplayable, so I had no real desire to get better. That and when SFIV came out, everyone jumped to that.

I learned of 8WR from the 8 on the Break stream. I loved watching MarlinPie play whatever game he was playing (mostly MvC3). Now that SCV is out, I knew that this would be a great time to join, mostly because this game feels so new to me. It's like going from SFII to SFIII. I hope the scene will grow and new players will discover how great the Soul games are. And I hope Namco continues to support it with patches (as needed) and I hope we get some wicked DLC.

Xiba's section is my next stop, thanks for the warm welcome. :D

It's good to meet you man. You should find some people to play online here:
http://8wayrun.com/forums/online-mode-psn-xbl.44/

And yeah, the netcode in this game is quite incredible. I... I actually jumped a move last night on reaction... over the internet. Against somebody in GERMANY. Project soul has definitely set the new standard here.

I actually had a lagless match with a guy in Japan. Said it was a 2-bar connection. And still no lag.

I actually had a lagless match with a guy in Japan. Said it was a 2-bar connection. And still no lag.

Wouldn't be surprised if this net code came bundled in other Namco releases in the future. I'll wager it's so specialized to the engine though they'd have a hard time selling it though which at this point seems like a shame, lol.

Back