Looking for an Amy Tutor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're basically asking to be tutored at every main character you want to become good with, but fail? Lol right.
#1 Learn the SC notation's
#2 Learn the characters combo's/ tech traps
#3 Learn frame data/ online tactics (that you don't want to use unless you want to be laughed at)
#4 Implement all the above to form your OWN style, not copy your "tutors"
#5 ???
#6 PROFIT!!

You're basically asking to be tutored at every main character you want to become good with, but fail? Lol right.
#1 Learn the SC notation's
#2 Learn the characters combo's/ tech traps
#3 Learn frame data/ online tactics (that you don't want to use unless you want to be laughed at)
#4 Implement all the above to form your OWN style, not copy your "tutors"
#5 ???
#6 PROFIT!!

I'm fairly decent as both Apprentice and Amy, but theres only so much you can teach yourself.
Also I DO have a style. I poke and interrupt until they get pissed enough to charge at me, of which then I use 6A+B, 4A+K, 236ka to hopefully RO them or deal fair damage.
If that doesnt work then, I go for either Low hits or throwing, or spamming 6bbb until able for a CF.
Fav moves: 4B+K 3ba 4A+K A+K,b 236ka

Just change your favorite moves into 33B, 2B+K and 3BA and there you have it. Watch videos of thugish pond, you dont need more as amy. She is probably the most easy to play and win char in this game^^

theres only so much you can teach yourself.

No there isn't. It's not like people are running SCIV schools all over the globe. Pretty much everyone has got where they are by trying new things in practice mode and then testing them in matches. Besides, listen to what everyone else says.

Amy Flowchart

FIGHT -> 2B+K or 33B mixup -> did I hit -No-> 2B+K or 33B mixup -> did I hit -Yes-> 2B+K or 33B mixup -> You win.

All joking aside, take what people say to you here with a grain of salt. If you really wanna help yourself, just keep playing. You'll figure out what works for you and not. Also learn everything you can in her Soul Arena. If you need ideas go on Youtube and look up someone like Thuggish Pond. There are a lot of videos of good Amy play. She's definitely one of the best characters so just watch how others play her to get a good idea of what you wanna do and how you can change things up for yourself.

Honestly, playing online scrubs and people who don't know how to play against Amy, she's insanely easy to beast with.

But, to start with, you have to learn the basics of the game. There's really no set way to get good with her (and it's unbelievably stupid to try to have someone show you how to play with her ONLINE; my 2A+Bs are free all day online and most people who play online instinctively duck when you run at them and stay fully standing blocking when they wakeup beside you, making the 2B+K/33B insanely easy).

Honestly, you should try finding someone and leveling up with them offline; you'll learn what moves are best when.

I'm fairly decent as both Apprentice and Amy, but theres only so much you can teach yourself.
Also I DO have a style. I poke and interrupt until they get pissed enough to charge at me, of which then I use 6A+B, 4A+K, 236ka to hopefully RO them or deal fair damage.
If that doesnt work then, I go for either Low hits or throwing, or spamming 6bbb until able for a CF.
Fav moves: 4B+K 3ba 4A+K A+K,b 236ka

Here's my opinion of you. While that strategy doesn't seem bad, it can be walled.
I remembered you tried it on Pocky Yoshi (for instance). I kept on spacing, inflicting mind games, and punishing you.

Right now, your amy doesn't seem like it knows what it's doing that much.
It's just flailing it's rapier around without a mind game (especially when you get pressured).

Utilize as much moves as you can from her movelist, that will benefit you up close, mid distance, and far away. Learn her strengths and weaknesses. But do it one baby step at a time. Rome wasn't built in a day lol. Once get how she's supposed to function, get into combos, punish game, and mind games.

Utilize as much moves as you can from her movelist, that will benefit you up close, mid distance, and far away. Learn her strengths and weaknesses. But do it one baby step at a time. Rome wasn't built in a day lol.
Why would you use as much of her movelist as you can? She isn't Zasalamel. The beauty (read: the shittyness) of Amy is that she can use 2 or 3 moves and cover every situation. Trying to use moves that aren't the best for the situation will only harm you.

do it one baby step at a time. Rome wasn't built in a day lol.
This is not building Rome this is learning a very simple video game character. There is no reason to put restrictions on learning.

Once get how she's supposed to function, get into combos, punish game, and mind games.
But aren't combos, punishing, and mixups how people are suppose to function? Isn't that 90% of Amy's game right there? Why would you wait to learn those? Combos are the easiest part. Learn those first.

I am dissapointed. Now, I am not the Amy soul arena mod, so my discrestion here is that i shouldnt be editing or messing with threads. However, I felt the need to enlighten ya'll as to my digust as to whats gone on here.

10:23 PM [IdleMind] so i just saw that thread in the amy forum about some kid looking for an amy tutor
10:23 PM [IdleMind] reading the responses that follow
10:23 PM [IdleMind] i can see its no wonder why our community is so small
10:23 PM [IdleMind] fucking pricks
10:25 PM [IdleMind] i mean, just for a second
10:25 PM [IdleMind] think about how once you were new
10:25 PM [IdleMind] didnt know that amy was top tier
10:25 PM [IdleMind] didnt know you were asking a stupid question
10:25 PM [IdleMind] then a bunch of pricks A) dont answer your question
10:25 PM [IdleMind] and B) are pricks
10:26 PM [IdleMind] welp, that kid probably isnt coming back
10:26 PM [IdleMind] fucking morons
10:26 PM [IdleMind] christ

If any of you have an issue with my opinion on the matter, you can take it up with my banhammer.

-Idle

Why would you use as much of her movelist as you can? She isn't Zasalamel. The beauty (read: the shittyness) of Amy is that she can use 2 or 3 moves and cover every situation. Trying to use moves that aren't the best for the situation will only harm you.

This is not building Rome this is learning a very simple video game character. There is no reason to put restrictions on learning.

But aren't combos, punishing, and mixups how people are suppose to function? Isn't that 90% of Amy's game right there? Why would you wait to learn those? Combos are the easiest part. Learn those first.

Lol. The "rome wasn't built in a day" is merely a metaphor for don't stuff too much knowledge all at once.
I mean, unless you're some rocket scientist that learns quick, then go ahead go nuts. But this dude might not be like you.

Sure using 2 or 3 moves that cover room shows how much of a beast she is. But she can be better if you're versatile IMHO.

Easy there, nitpicker. I understand you got way more knowledge than me. But did you actually cross blades with onlywingedslinky? =p

I am dissapointed. Now, I am not the Amy soul arena mod, so my discrestion here is that i shouldnt be editing or messing with threads. However, I felt the need to enlighten ya'll as to my digust as to whats gone on here.

10:23 PM [IdleMind] so i just saw that thread in the amy forum about some kid looking for an amy tutor
10:23 PM [IdleMind] reading the responses that follow
10:23 PM [IdleMind] i can see its no wonder why our community is so small
10:23 PM [IdleMind] fucking pricks
10:25 PM [IdleMind] i mean, just for a second
10:25 PM [IdleMind] think about how once you were new
10:25 PM [IdleMind] didnt know that amy was top tier
10:25 PM [IdleMind] didnt know you were asking a stupid question
10:25 PM [IdleMind] then a bunch of pricks A) dont answer your question
10:25 PM [IdleMind] and B) are pricks
10:26 PM [IdleMind] welp, that kid probably isnt coming back
10:26 PM [IdleMind] fucking morons
10:26 PM [IdleMind] christ

If any of you have an issue with my opinion on the matter, you can take it up with my banhammer.

-Idle

This is all truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back