Looking for help with Taki

Renakara

[08] Mercenary
Over the past few days I have been sitting in training mode with Taki, and I have a few combos down, and have memorized most of Taki's moves, but when I take it to a real fight I lock up and get destroyed. I just need a few pointers on how to keep a good flow with Taki. I have the game for both ps3 and xbox. Leave a message or hit me up on xbox or ps3 if your interested in helping me out. Thanks!

(Yes I have watched shogun's guide videos, and have been practicing with the guide in training mode.)

PSN Username: Renakara
XBL Gamertag: iEnigmaz

It's not recommended but you can try looping 1BA~PO K over and over, then base your following options on that alone in terms of offense, most of the time its hard for Taki to catch up to other characters, her ranged moves aren't too great aside from 6B and Stalker K... You can look into frame traps for her to keep that offense going, or look at other's playstyles, maybe just go defensive and punish to get the upperhand... Taki's punishment is OK in terms of damage but what makes it great is that her A is i10, so it's like doing iMCF by hitting the X-button, A*1BA~PO*6B*33B are great punishment options that first come to mind... You also need some lows to keep her going, 4A*2KK*4KK*1K*FC 2A+KK are great lows, 1A is a really good low so don't look down on it, I would however rather use 1A on wake-up because it hits ground like 2K but gives some good advantage either way, 1A is just really unsafe on grd but it's worth the risk honestly...

PO JMP K hits behind Taki, in this situation its safe and on hit allows a big BT'd mixup between BT A+B and BT 2K...n
Setups leading to this are rare because if you do 6A*44K~PO as a poke or outta the blue, it can be very unsafe if guarded, with 6A it can be interrupted on hit too I believe... One that I know of is after 1A+B(GSTN), 44K~PO is a tech trap to setup the BTPO JMP K... If the opponent techs sides however, 1A or 4B are great followups after 1A+B(GSTN)...

1A is really really unsafe on block. And offline it's not that hard to block on reaction.
I'd advise to use it only in situations where it cannot be blocked, in combos and guaranteed tech traps.

Concerning general combos and tech traps:

Very many combos and tech traps do only work on some characters.
For example:
88B, 2B is guaranteed against Taki, Sophi lands in time to Guard the 2B.
11K on CH guarantees a A6 on most characters, against Xianghua A6 often just whiffs i don't know why.

After A6, WR B is techable to both sides by Asty and others, for Taki only 1 direction saves her.

Hitting your opponent in the wrong angle(from the side) or from too far away often messes combos up for Taki, making followups whiff.

Hitchecking is quite important.

That's good flesh. That's advance info right there. Be careful especially when your opponent always does the 8way run. Taki easily messes up when not facing the right angle. Can be confusing also to perform PO in this case. For exp, Hover moves are 236 after PO, and feint hover is 214 after PO, but if you do 6A stun and PO, those hovers and the feint are the other way around, I think. I have to check.

We should have a tread on how Taki defends (or counter with her moves) against other player's deadly combos or attack strings. This way we can make Taki a fierce ninja.

Try this combo. It is pretty known by Taki players but it is a good combo. Decent damage, but a little hard to get down. I just started to learn it so I am only ok at it. The combo is, 214236B. WR: K. 3bK, PORC, 1B, A, PO, B.

We should have a tread on how Taki defends (or counter with her moves) against other player's deadly combos or attack strings. This way we can make Taki a fierce ninja.

There are a lot of strings Taki can interrupt with A or Tech Crouching 3B. Or strings to step and punish with Bombs, like Sophitia's 236 236AA (step the second A)
Her Step is really powerful.

Thanks to everyone for all of your help! I have been using your suggestions in real fights everyday and it's definitely helping my Taki. Thanks again!!!

If you get it under you belt, A:6 can punish almost anything in the game.

Imo it's probably the second/third best punisher in the game (only knocked out by cassie/sophie 236 B punishers).

It's i10 and 36 damage and gives you a couple of opportunities on recovering opponents.

It can

It seems i'm going to have to record again for the taki tutorials but I will be sure to mention how amazing this move is and how it can be used.

The draw back about this move is that it's pretty hard to master (I'm still having problems perfecting it).

Yeah A:6 is an awesome move! Sometimes after the A:6 I go for the tech combo by following up with B+K BKB.

Forget about A:6. Nobody can do this move even 70% in training mode, i'm not saing about real battle. It's just waste of opportynity and nerves.

Forget about A:6. Nobody can do this move even 70% in training mode, i'm not saing about real battle. It's just waste of opportynity and nerves.

Not true, I had it up to 75% offline before I lost my playstation, but I can't call that mastering it. I'm back to about 60% offline now and gotta work my way back up.

I use to hit it about 5~6 times in a row in a fight

I'll have to record again, but I'm gonna post exactly where you have to have the 6 to come in for the jf to activate.

A:6 is a really good punisher. It punishes Asta 66K and Sophie 236236B, which are safe to most characters.
The problem is that you have to practice a lot and specifically, because in punishment cases like that, blockstun comes into play, messing up your just frame timing.
And to not waste opportunities, i always input: A:6+A.
It helps with the timing and when the JF doesn't come out, you still get AA.
Works with AB too.
Just don't do it too fast, because then you get the normal A6 which doesn't punish, or whiffs in certain combos.

The 2 big drawbacks of A:6 are:

1: In A:6 the first A(high) is cancelled halfway, decreasing it's tracking. Badly.
Example: When you're at neutral frames(+/-0) or better, moves like Ivy's CL 214B just step your A:6.
Here AA is better.

2: In A:6 the second A(mid) comes out 1 or 2 frames later than an normal A6(first hit mid)
So, when the opponent is in crouch the normal A6 hits earlier.

2: In A:6 the second A(mid) comes out 1 or 2 frames later than an normal A6(first hit mid)
So, when the opponent is in crouch the normal A6 hits earlier.

That's because A:6 happens towards the end of the A 'swing'. A6 happens before Taki releases her Rekkimarru from her back, but A:6 happens when the sword is out already.
If you practice this way, your percentage of success in A:6 is significantly higher. I did 5-6 in a row too in offline training, but never repeatedly in battle.

I thought Sophie's quick poke can punish also? I guess not.

Back