Lotus Throw

Sometimes people can block that second hit, but while I've seen it happen a number of times I have no clue what causes it.

Speaking to Malek last week, if I remember he said that it was a JF block basically. I saw him do it consistently at NEC.

I've gotten it by just holding the button before, but if he can do it consistently I'll have to look into it more.

I'm not familiar with it's name but "Lotus Throw" is 214B+G412B right??? Well I know you can only break the initial grab, but the second hit shouldn't be escapable... HOWEVER, I have gotten the 2nd hit blocked a couple times and I can't figure out how to recreate this, I want to test the frames for it on block, so if anybody knows I'd appreciate some help...

He does that, don't you remember him just ukemiing Belial's 2K, Bs like it was the easiest thing in the world? ^_~

The JF timing block does seem to be at least one way to block it. I can't help but feel there are others, but I haven't been able to recreate any in practice. X also appears + on block whenever the 2nd hit gets guarded, the precise amount I haven't figured out exactly (somewhere between +3 and +5 I think)

Its definitely a glitch. It gets blocked and X is still at +. Lol Maybe FOTD can get blocked too? Since its a system thing... its also a command throw with multiple parts yeah.

Another thing about that throw... do the first part, and then don't do the second part, but link a 6B after that. Its free. So I thought it was +14. Ah so I tried it with another 14 frame move, that is 6K (near the walls), and guess what? Its not free. So I don't know if its +14 or not. Really looks like namco intended only 6B to hit....

Hi everyones, long time i didnt add some Xiang stuff.​
I didnt see this thread, i know this "just guard" since long time ago but i didnt show it for the sake of all Xianghua players.​

It seems that Malek found it too...​

Bug or not, this is an idea Namco should think for Soulcalibur 5, just frame, just impact, why note some just guard into the guarented combo ?​

@Kyo;
A great new mechanic and could be quite rewarding, I hope they take it into consideration (although they might be past this point I don't know what phase they're at now), can be a great addition to multi-part throws like FotD, etc...

Well judging by the recent disaster I'd say it won't be progressing right now.
Personally I think we should be showing our support for those poor bastards and put requests on the back burner for now, just until they recover y'know?

You'd have to tie in some risk-reward factor to these just-guard-combo-breaks. Like if you fail then the following hits will be counter-hits, or take some soul guage damage. If soul guages will still be around in SC5.

If you make it so that you are unable to block for a few frames after a failed just-guard attempt, then you open up mixup/reset possibilities. Kinda like crouch-tech frame traps in SF4.

We should have some X mirrors some time, Dragonfall. I actually want to learn her more, but I feel scrubby with her.

I'd love to play some X mirrors! But you should learn her from some of the other fellas here. They're much better than I.

I've been assimilated by the borg Montreal's Street Fighter community, and my SC4 has deteriorated as a result.

*cough* Buy SSF4. Resistance is futile. *cough*

Back