[Louisiana] alligators, hurricanes, and POPEYES CHICKEN!!!1!

lol, there was a community for Soul Calibur in Baton Rouge around the days of 3 and some for 4, but whether or not they'll assemble for this game you'll probably find out at this tourney. I've moved so I'm not part of this anymore unfortunately.

Crap, I wish I would have checked this thread out sooner. Probably could have made the SCVI tourney in BR.

Either way, I'm here in Lafayette if anyone is playing out here. Now that school has started up again, I'm sure there are a lot of people in town now.

VincentVanBro, I'm a Lafayette player too. How long have you been playing Soul Calibur? I started playing competitively with Soul Calibur 2 but lost interest in the series with 3 and 4. I'm really liking 5 right now though and I plan to stick with it for a while.

Baton Rouge guys, please post in this thread when/if you host any tournaments. I am definitely interested in attending.

VincentVanBro, I'm a Lafayette player too. How long have you been playing Soul Calibur? I started playing competitively with Soul Calibur 2 but lost interest in the series with 3 and 4. I'm really liking 5 right now though and I plan to stick with it for a while.

Baton Rouge guys, please post in this thread when/if you host any tournaments. I am definitely interested in attending.

I've been playing ever since SC1, but played competitively once SC2 hit arcades. I used to work in the Aladdin's Castle Arcade when I was younger and played SC2 with (also taught) a lot of people. I was the only Yunsung player. If you ever were playing the arcade, it's probably really likely we've met. Anyway, I still played through out 3 despite it being terrible (and the ARC version, which was a little better) was off and on with 4. 5 nic'd a couple of my mains from the roster, so I'm having to start all over again :/.

Anyway, I have another buddy of mine still plays and picked up 5 as well. I'm normally free on the weekends and after 5 on the weekdays. He is off Sunday thru Wednesday and works nights on the other days. Hit me up if you feel like playing some.

<----Kris

You must be Ben right? Who are you maining now that Yunsung isn't in 5? Right now I'm mostly playing with Natsu, of course, and messing around with a few others.

Will do man. This last tournament was...disappointing, but hopefully we'll be able to get some events together now that there's a new game out. Funny question, you weren't by any chance at Mechacon last year were you? I ran across a pretty good Yun player there. I was the Nightmare/Cassy user.

<----Kris

You must be Ben right? Who are you maining now that Yunsung isn't in 5? Right now I'm mostly playing with Natsu, of course, and messing around with a few others.

Oh hey, Kris.

I figured you'd be playing Natsu. I'm not sure who I'm really maining yet. I'm still bouncing between ZWEI, Yoshi, and Nightmare. I dismissed Xiba the first couple days, but I picked him up in training mode for a bit this weekend and he's starting to grow on me, too. When are your free days to play? I'd like to get back to training.

Will do man. This last tournament was...disappointing, but hopefully we'll be able to get some events together now that there's a new game out. Funny question, you weren't by any chance at Mechacon last year were you? I ran across a pretty good Yun player there. I was the Nightmare/Cassy user.

Ha, I was there! Not only that, I ran the side of the game room with the arcades. I was there all weekend, so I'm sure we played a couple. Haha, I didn't see any other Yun's there so it probably was mine. I'm sure we can get SOME of lafayette to make it out there. Keep us posted.

Ha, I was there! Not only that, I ran the side of the game room with the arcades. I was there all weekend, so I'm sure we played a couple. Haha, I didn't see any other Yun's there so it probably was mine. I'm sure we can get SOME of lafayette to make it out there. Keep us posted.

Yeah, I was hoping I had the right guy. Your Yun and your friend's Astaroth were pretty much the only stadout competition I saw while I was there. I got your gamertag as I was leaving but I lost it on the way home. I'll definitely keep you informed about B.R. events though. You guys gonna hit up Battle For the South? SCV made it into this years lineup.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Battle-for-the-South/111101652251325?sk=info

Yeah, I was hoping I had the right guy. Your Yun and your friend's Astaroth were pretty much the only stadout competition I saw while I was there. I got your gamertag as I was leaving but I lost it on the way home. I'll definitely keep you informed about B.R. events though. You guys gonna hit up Battle For the South? SCV made it into this years lineup.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Battle-for-the-South/111101652251325?sk=info

Yeah, Nick is the Astaroth you played. Thanks for the praise :]

We both have the game for PS3 - my gamertag is Benownzukthxby on PSN and Benownzukthxbye on XBL (an 'e' is added at the end of my XBL gamertag). As for battle of the south, I'm unfortunately not feeling so great about my SCV abilities yet and I have a lot work to do, but hopefully I can get adjusted to everything to feel okay about competing by that date.

To derail the topic a little bit...

Has anyone been able to use Just Guarding consistently and efficiently? Out of 100 attempts, I can maybe get 3. The frame window is SO small - I think I heard somewhere that it's like 2 frames. The lack of free GIs is really hurting my game a bit :/

@Everyone My PSN name is MotherPuncher83. Send me a friend request and we'll get some matches in.

@Ben Where do you and Nick play offline? You have an apartment or something? I used to live at UPA right by campus but have since moved to a house in Scott. My friend Jason (the guy who won that SC4 tournament at Play n Trade a couple years back) and I play over here about twice a week. We need to set something up either at your place or mine depending on what's most convenient for everyone.

@Ben Where do you and Nick play offline? You have an apartment or something? I used to live at UPA right by campus but have since moved to a house in Scott. My friend Jason (the guy who won that SC4 tournament at Play n Trade a couple years back) and I play over here about twice a week. We need to set something up either at your place or mine depending on what's most convenient for everyone.

Nick lives in the middle of town and I live more towards UL. Everyone is welcome to come and play at my place if its the most convenient and I don't think Nick would have a problem having it at his place, either. I'm free on the weekends and 8-5pm on the weekdays, if I'm not out of town for work. I think I mentioned Nick's schedule in a previous post.

so do you guys still stay in baton rouge? i live in port allen right now and would like to get up sometime. i dont have much time to play between work and kids but psn handle is sol1datlien

Oh, I'm not sure if you guys are fully aware, but probably the biggest tourney in Louisiana is happening next weekend.

http://battleforthesouth.com/

Please come and support! People will be coming from around the state as well as out of state to the event, so if you can make it please go! Ask me if you have any questions.

so do you guys still stay in baton rouge? i live in port allen right now and would like to get up sometime. i dont have much time to play between work and kids but psn handle is sol1datlien
Nice. Ima add you on psn.
It's awesome that a lot of yall have psn; most of the ppl in BR are on live exclusively.
Hopefully we can get an all LA lobby going sometime soon cause we definitely have enough ppl to fill one now.

Hey guys. Battle for the South was a blast! I ended up winning the SCV tournament. They only streamed the semis and finals though. Anyway here's the link. The Soul Calibur footage starts around 2 hours and 33 minutes in.

Back